View Post to Promote on Indivine has given way to real and authentic promotes

Charan
Charan
from Chennai
13 years ago

With this gesture from the Indiblogger admins... the Indivine Post Promotion will truly be a ranking for the posts on it, henceforth...!!!

What say?

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago

Charan, I have posted on this issue before. I think it is a case of The Emperor's New Clothes. 

How does it really make a difference? Anyone voting for posts simply to get a reciprocal vote, and not because they enjoy the post, can continue as before. The only obstacle is having to click on the post for a few seconds first. So what's really new?

Charan
from Chennai
13 years ago

True, I wouldn't of course say that this an entirely worthwhile....however a little better than what was there previously cos now that an author would get a genuine hit, for the post to get voted!!!

Something better to the author, than nothing... :)

Abhishek Bhardwaj
from Meerut
13 years ago

You are right its not the proper solution.

But you can see now on Indivine  less no of posts are getting promoted.

I know there are certain bloggers who promote every post they are the ones who don't promote the post without going through them and liking them.

They must be cautioned by Indiblogger team that will help i guess.

The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago
What is a genuine hit? In this case it just means someone who has clicked on the link, possibly with no interest in reading the post. There is nothing genuine about this. Of course some people will be interested in reading the post, but they would have done so under the old system. What I am trying to say is that changing the voting system will not make members any more interested in reading another blog post than before. It seems that the main complaint was that bloggers were receiving votes but not the equivalent (or any) number of clickthroughs. The harsh reality is that a lot of people did not want to read their posts. Of course this is something a lot of people may not want to accept.
S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
13 years ago

I too agree. Some can just open the post to promote as a favour TOWARDS FRIEND/RELATIVE but may not read the post at all. In my opinion the genuine promotion would be only when the post is read asd based on liking or dislike, post has to be promoted or not. But this may not find favour with some.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

But, there has been a drastic fall in the number of votes for sure!

The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago

There has been a drastic fall in votes, and this is where I think the problem lies. In the past, bloggers getting votes from "spammers" would climb up the charts and increase the chances of being found by those genuinely interested in their posts. Under the new system, some users not receiving any votes may feel disillusioned and discouraged from submitting any further posts on Indivine. What this could lead to is Indivine being dominated by a small clique of members all just voting for each other to ensure maximum exposure for themselves.

I am not defending the old system, I just think that Indivine as a platform to showcase the best Indian bloggers is fundamentally flawed. Through this site, I have become fans of some very talented writers. Though, very rarely do they achieve a high ranking on Indivine. 

Charan
Charan
from Chennai
13 years ago

@Addy and The NRI - Very true.....!!!

Charan
Charan
from Chennai
13 years ago

I many a time see an Indivine post of mine being promoted but no feed to support the fact of someone having viewed the post for them to promote....howz that???

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

The reason I love indiblogger is because they care what ever we speak here. 

That needs appreciation. 

Cheers!

@Addy Tag Renie here Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread