spamming ? or no spamming

posting a thread link is considered spamming and topic is blocked. the post by Dr. pratibha on alexa rank I see everyone sharing their blog link annd posing link threads . question is, is that not spamming. 

curious. 

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending

thanks suraj ,I feel rule should be same for everyone small or big.

suraj78
from Latur
13 years ago

Yup!

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Pramod - Outta curiosity, if we cannot put our blog links in the forum why would they make these easy icons (the red India icons) for them in the text box!!

Suraj - Shameless Self Promotion as a category - LOL!! Dread to think how full that category would become in no time!!

suraj78
from Latur
13 years ago

Yup! Laughing

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

When everyone promotes their own blogs at one place, it is called a forum not spamming! Spamming would be to just being selfish! Smile

Just testing the red India icon! Wink

in love with me and life!

many topics have been blocked on this ground of spamming.

but some are not blocked which violate in same manner. when a soul is born in a topic ,it looks very bad and insulting to have topic blocked. i think the management can block writing of thread on posts in the first place itself. 

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi everyone!

We do understand the 'curiosity'. We are in the process of dealing with the spammers.

Now, we do give a reason for blocking a thread before we actually block it. We are currently brainstorming on the same, for better usability/acceptability to the indiblogger users.

Actually, the thing is, it's difficult to categorizes things into Black and White, there are some grey areas that need attention. Dealing with that.

Thanks for giving us your feedback. Will get back to you asap.

Thanks addy,its a great forum and every body participating are the soul stirrer of it. one is out and he is missed.many times i have seen new or old indies on innocence put a thread up..and are at a loss where they are wrong.

even if you donot put up a thread one can easily go to your blog, so no need for this thread thing. or legalising it also wouldn't matter much, as we are here to make our blogs known and as a community there is no outsider here . all is a family.. and growing .

great work 

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes definitely we all are family!

we are working on this issue right now! Please be patient! Smile

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Wow, Addy, I must say that this is on of the first times I have actually seen you write something sensible on the forum.

Well done! Honestly. Laughing

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

LOL! Thanks Magali! Spamming is the only issue you'll find me 'serious' about in the forum though!

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Been laughing for the past 10 odd minutes seeing @Magali's comment on @Addy . On a serious note thanks to her.

@Addy Bro! you are super :)

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

@Pramod Sir

First of all I would like to thank you for mentioning my name in  your forum topic about spamming?or no spamming.

I am new to blogging but one thing I know that ALEXA rank is for blogs and their is no harm in sharing it with links  on forum topic afterall it is all about blogging.

@ADDY SIR

Since I am new to blogging please guide me regarding spamming ?or not spamming as mentioned by pramod sir.

@Dr. pratibha ji, the point is when a post is blocked on the point of posting a thread link, then each one should be getting the same fate, whether it's serving rosogolla or the kadwa neem,

my personal view is I see no harm in posting  thread on forum.

it's just easier for fellow indiesoul, to surf. 

p.s.' sir' title can be done away with.

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Promod , Suraj ,Addy  ...Pratibha  is new to blogging , she doesn't know much about these terms ..just out of curiosity she wrote Alexa rank there..so don't take it otherwise..and stop creating a scene ..

suraj78
from Latur
13 years ago

I am not against her or sharing links, I am just giving new idea that indi team must put some rules like no links in regular threads and only share links in new category (not present yet) named Shameless blog promotion.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Doc Please do not use "Sir" Addy works much much much better!

I do not consider your thread to be as a spam at all! It is for sharing alexa rank and hence the links. No issues (with me).Cool

the thing is Pramod and I were discussing on this menace of spamming in the forum.  And he just happened to give an example of your thread. You need not panic. You are safe and not categorized as one of the "Spammer"! So chillax!Laughing

@Geeta We are not blaming anyone here! So please be assured that we are creating any scene in that thread's name. I have explained why it was mentioned in this thread in the reply to Doc above.

@Suraj We value your suggestion, we are currently in process of resolving this issue. Thanks Smile

I hope everyone is now aware of what exactly we were discussing here. NOT BLAMING or TAGGING ANYONE! Innocent

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

so you are promoting shameless self promotion hmm ....if i'll promote my friend's blog ..then will it do....thats not self promotion isn't it:))...so it a never ending topic ..i don't want to comment further ...

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

thanks addy:)

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hey everyone... 

i support pratibha because the thread started by her was not fall specifically in the category of " shameless self promotion"  bcoz she is not promoting something that is limited to her blog only.... she she just sharing information to how to see an alexa rank and it must b useful for many bloggers to see some statics for their blogs too.

@ pramod...  yaa u suggests a nice topic but still we r struggling for categorizing the things into spam or not a spam, we surely come up sometime with a specific guideline for  forum topicsSmile

suraj78
from Latur
13 years ago

Yup thread Pratibha's thread is good we people made it full of links Sealed

suraj78
from Latur
13 years ago

I don't mean that Shameless self promotion category is for only promoting own blog I am saying if suppose you want to share something out of the indiblogger then you can post it in that cat.

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

right !! mag

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

ha ..ha..Smile.thanks ADDY for declaring that I am not a spammer.I am feeling better now.

@geeta...thanks dear and I just love your blog I hope its not SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION afterall I am promoting you and not myself ....just kiddingSmile

Raghav Aggarwal
Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

Even I think it wasn't a spam and Dr Pratibha ain't a spammer...Smile It was just about the alexa rank.

But on a whole Pramod ji's (as m doing away with the 'Sir' tag) point's valid too, so its for d Indipolice to see that justice prevails to all...I've seen many forum topics for promotion, which should be checked.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@ raghav.... we r commiting our best..... soon we will back with some results

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Raghav, we scan the forum day and night to keep a check on the spammer. Yet, if tiered and dunk us miss one or two you can let us know about it! tagging me with the thread url on twitter, would be the easiest one for you, or even indimail! Smile

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

@ Mag : Great, m hopeful...

@ Addy : Ya, i know it ain't easy for u too...will surely do what u've asked me to do...

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

@ Addy : How to contact u ??

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

send him an indimail...Smile

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

@ Mag : For that mutual connection shd exist...any other option ?

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

u can comment over his blog.... he must see that.... and dont ask me for further better optionsLaughing

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Raghav you can contact me on twitter @AddyBrainwave , futher I'll add you on indiblogger (you need to add me back to send indimail) another option would be to send me mail addy@addybrainwave.com

Thanks!

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Thanks Geeta ,Mag,Suraj and Raghav for the awesome support.You people are simply great.

suraj78
from Latur
13 years ago

Also you! Smile

All is well that ends well, feels great to see every thing resolved,

I am extremely sorry if anyone was antagonized by my words.especially dr.Pratibha ji., 

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Rightly said Pramod all is well that ends well.I believe in Mahatma Gandhi's saying''the weak can never forgive.Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.I believe that I am the strong one.

So don't worry be happy.

Smile

@sourav, everything cool now,

but when your topic with a thread to your own topic has gained momentum, it's blocked for spamming. many of us have faced this,

Neel
Neel
from india
13 years ago

Spamming comes in many shapes and kinds,its not just link dropping,jumping on every thread and every answer,just for the sake of jumping  is even worse.

@profet, perfect clarification. btw. ,your blog i just went through , and  i find my self short of comments for it,..

I feel myself just a kid, in front of your excellence. and sincerely my blog would be honouredof your insight.

its onlly when an uunt comes under a pahad.

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Yes, it is true that we need to get rid of spam. But the lane that separates spam from others is pretty narrow.

I am sure who ever posts a link here is a blogger much like anyone of us and is with a little desire to have appreciation or comments from the best blogging community i.e. indiblogger. As long as it is in acceptable amount, no harm in encouraging it. Tongue out

And @Addy bhai is doing a fab job here honestly. Even the rest of the indipolice does. Cheers to them.

P.S. OMG! this is a lot of *cough cough* stuff from me Wink 

@Pramod and @Pratibha Chill! Have a great time here at indiblogger :)

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

thnxs sanjaySmile

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Mag Laughing

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Sanjay! 

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Addy Laughing

@ sanjay ,thanks a lot sanjay, I surely see the job of indie police quite tough, with such narrow boundaries.... and

the vigility  of addy Smilesurely need a applaud hands down.

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

hehe Laughing

Neel
Neel
from india
13 years ago

@ Pramod Lohia

I think you are being too kind to me.I am just an ordinary guy.Now coming back to spamming,this is a really relevant thread which you have started,there should be clear guidelines on what amounts as to what really is spam.

Smile

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@prophet we (the IndiPolice) are in the process of doing just that! Coming out with a set of guidelines soon.

@Pramod Thanks for appreciating our work!

Thanks a lot prophetSmile

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

i second prophet.....lot of spamming going on.....indipolice pls show some results..

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Doctor!.. ok so u r new to blogging..I thought u were a veteran when u were suggesting me something on the other thread.. I remember questioning on this posting blog link on the kashmir burning..

well.. If someone one wants to discuss a topic and is geniunely passionate in trying to know viewpoints of others ...should write something and not post a link..I agree as writer you may feel every point in your blog post is important for you..but you could give a gist of what you wrote so that others might come up with their views...not that you enforce someone to first read your blog post and then start the discussion..that is a clever tactic of generating traffic [sorry I feel it so..]...

If posting link to initiate a discussion is must then I can start many threads as I write on varied stuff..not limiting to any theme or topic..

Doctor no offence meant to u.

@ unknown ,very nicely said,

when a blogger doesn't have time to understand whats going on in the topic, an he just pips in to leave his thread with a statement, he  just copy , pastes, link and leave the discussion board,   there should be some instant stopping that, or no link postage should be acceptable on discussions.

suppose my topic is running in full swing, n interest aroused, n somebody posts a thread 

its spamming n topic is blocked,

the death of a lively discussion.

why not  only his post deleted.

LockSign in to reply to this thread