More timebands in Indivine

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Currently we have 3 tabs in Indivine out of which one is a Time band (48 hours). Once a post falls out of the 48 hour time band, it gets very few additional votes unless it is one of the top 5 posts of a blogger.

Since the number of votes have now reduced significantly, I think it would be nice to have atleast one or two more time bands - say 1 week and 1 month to feature blog posts that are being read and voted for.

Alternately, there should be a category where any blog post that has got atleast one vote within the last 24 hours should stay (so that posts that are still being read and voted for remain in circulation)

What are your views on this? 

Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending
Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Very rightly said Sowmya ,I think its a brilliant idea.

R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Excellent suggestion Sowmya. I requesr Renie to kindly consider this suggestion seriously.

great idea, I second your motion.

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

There are multiple things that can be done to this as I see it. I agree with you Sowmya. it would be great to have additional time bands.

Also on the blogger public profile page, in the place where we currently have 5 most popular indivine posts of the blogger, it would be great if there are 3options: All, Latest and Most popular indivine posts of the blogger.

Renie. Any comments?

Cheers!

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

great idea....

Poke Renie for this!!!! Smile

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Renie - are you listening chief? Do give a Shout if you can hear us..

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I agree, there should some mechanism introduced, so that one can view all the posts by blogger/genre on indivine. That would help other posts get noticed.

Will tag Renie with this. Although, he gives the feedback the first priority, he is currently busy with the Chennai and Bangalore meet and then there is the shift to a dedicated server (YAY!).

But I'm sure he will, reply as soon as he can.

Thanks for tagging me Sanjay!

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I am always there to support! Laughing 

Cheers!

R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Addy do initiate some steps to introduce this. It is really a good suggestion by Sowmya. Thanks.

Vijay
Vijay
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I agree on it Sowmya. You have my vote for this suggestion as well.!

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Yeah, a great suggestion and a need of the hour!

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Thanks All. Addy thanks for your response

For Renie's ease here is the request..

(1) 2 new time bands (1 week and 1 month)

(2) 1new  tab for "Active" posts - votes that have got atleast 1 vote within the last 24 hours

(3) Blogger profile pages should also show some if not all of these tabs (Sanjay's request)

If you need more clarification, Renie, pl. do let us know..

http://www.buzzzstop.com/

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago
mgreat idea.... m tagging renie for this..
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

AMg already tagged him! You're just gonna piss him off with the double tag! :P

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Sowmya Nice gisting there Smile

@Mag @Addy Thanks ppl! You rock \m/

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@addy.... u raped ma name dood..... its mag not amgSurprised

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@AMg sorry dood! My Bad! :P LOL!

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Addy lol! phir se rape Tongue out @Mag 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thats a great idea..I am with all of you on this!!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Sowmya - point number (1), done - 2 new timebands added. Will take up the other 2 points when we have the time. Thank you for contributing - these small changes will help IndiBloggers for years to come. Smile

Addy, thanks for helping out. As you said, we're all busy with lots of activities!

Might I add my own suggestions (which were brought up before by IndiForumers) - IndiVine badly needs a dedicated search, and the timebands on each category/sub category.

Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Renie - Thanks so much for not just listening but taking up the changes immediately. 

I shall eagerly look forward to Indiblogger growing more and more - with your dedicated server, even more dedicated team;) and the mutual contribution of ideas by the bloggers and your team

Indiblogger truly rocks..

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I think there should be something like awarding karma points [like loyalty points :P] for ppl who suggest ideas..rewarding users someway..and also encouraging ppl to come up with more ideas..if indiblogger is ready to take up any more :)

If at all anything like that is implemented..start with my suggestion ok:P

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

As ever! Changes made! Super Renie Smile

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Thanks Sowmya for giving idea of more time wands.

Thanks Renie for listening and applying those idea.INDIBLOGGER dealt with TLC[TenderLove and Care]and that is why it si growing and flourishing so nicely.I am really proud to be a part of INDIBLOGGER.

Raghav Aggarwal
Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

I think atleast 1 more time band reqd...may b a 2 week as well, will enable better segregation..

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

I second this very wonderful idea... about the "1new  tab for "Active" posts - votes that have got atleast 1 vote within the last 24 hours" and then ofcourse sort them is descending order!

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Didn't know it was your idea sowmya! Thank you so much... keep the thoughts flowing :)

Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Thanks Mohan - it's shore feels good to see a suggestion like this implemented so quickly by the Indiblogger team

LockSign in to reply to this thread