Media promoting Terror

Raghav Aggarwal
Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

I have always been of the view that whatever enquires going on in any terror acts and any breakthrough achieved should not be revealed by the media.

Its affects:

1. Terrorists get to know where the enquiry is heading to  2. it gives them a chance to plan their escape 3. Infact they can misuse the media by giving clues to mislead the enquiry

Now after the Jama Masjid attack, media is claiming breakthrough, do we actually need to know that, infact the news of terrorists being captured led to the hijack of the Indian Airlines plane, lessons not yet learnt, let the police do their work and not help the terrorists for Nation's sake...

Please put ur views forward. 

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

As I remember, after the Mumbai attacks there were few issues similarly noted and that press would not cast such news. And yes, there is surely a need to make more of such acts etc. 

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

Sanjay : Indian media cannot skip any chance to show the so called 'exclusive news', even at the cost of nation's security, the TRPs mean everything to them, infact with CWG round the corner, they shouldn't have even reported this incident.

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

That's true Raghav! I agree!

I am afraid, not letting the public to know any thing about the crime and police keeping everything under wrap can lead to something called the poice state. There should be clear stipulations to the police as to what should it reveal at what stage.

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

@ Prasanna : I agree with u on this, but there have to be some sort of strictness from the I&B ministry so as to not to reveal information which plays in the hands of the anti-nationals....The media needs to b controlled in an articulated manner..Guidelines are required for the media.

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

Now forum has some seriously sensible topics to discuss..... nice topic raghavSmile

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago
Thanks Mag u acknowledged it....but hardly anyone is even discussing it !!
Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Great selection of topic.Even I believe that too much interference of media in national security issues.Just to pop up breaking news on channels,creating competition amongst other news channel are actually jeopardizing national security,they are apparently  helping terrorist.

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

Infact its my observation that Doordarshan still has the best quality of news...they choose their news carefully and I&B ministry should immediately get into action..Media had live telecasted the mumbai attacks which infact made the encounter longer as the terrorists got live feed of the security forces whereabouts.

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

yes very rightly said that.

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

but the thing..is terrorist network is stronger than what we think.. they dont keep watching the TV to know whats happenign behind the screens..they have their own way of getting things done..

but yes..the one way media helping terrorism. is.. i dont know if u call it awareness..but it is spreading the fear [which is ultimate motive of any terrorist attack]

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

i know terrorists have their own network, but we should also keep our checks in place, it doesn't mean that we get complacent, an effective security mgt system is the hallmark of a great country.

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I dint say u dont know that..nor I said to be complacent..what I am saying is..

terrorists dont depend on media for their activities..but media definitely helps in spreading the fear effectively..[again am not suggesting that media should hide facts].. the sensation created by media to gain more trps...the over hype..there needs to be some kind of regulation on that..

There was one mail forward..very famous one...a letter by APJ Kalam.. in which he talks about an Israeli farmer changing a piece desert to granary...which was published as a cover page..there he talks about the negativity of our media..google for that an interesting read..

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

true...media's perception here is very negative....

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago
fear is worst than actual terrorist attack as it make people mentally handicap .
Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Indian media surely needs to be reined in for their misplaced enthusiasm in 'breaking news' about terorist activities and giving blow by blow accounts of them. They are not only compromising the nation's security but also jeopardising the unity by fanning flames of communalism by highligting trivial issues and creating misunderstanding between the various sections of the society.

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

very well put zephyr...infact now as d commonwealth mess is gaining momentum, the Govt is still doing nothing, the news is spreading like fire in the entire world and with it India's image is also going down d drain....I think it should not be reported at this crucial juncture, infact internal measures are required to keep d reputation intact..

Raghav Aggarwal
Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

I 'fear' how will d media report d ayodhya verdict which is expected on 24th september ??

Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The media is trashing the country as if they were doing a great service. If this game has suffered in any way, the media should take equal blame for it along with the Organising committee and the politicians backing them. But at the end of the day, it is India whose reputation is on the line. why can't these insensitive blokes understand that?

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

thts so sad for our country.....

we have given alot of freedom to media...

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

Zephyr : true, i dont understand what professional qualification does Suresh Kalmadi has to head the OC...what media is again doing by creating this hype is 'terror'... CWG is actually Common man's wealth gully ! and reputation gone now, major players pulling out...Cry

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Even now it is one upmanship with the channels vying to prove that they were the first ones to say this and show that. One only hopes that these channels are not telecast throughout the world and everyone is watching it. Now the floods are threatening to ravage the city. Is there no end to the misery of the Delhiite?

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

God....and Aussie Tv channels sneaked into games village with bombs, sting operations going on, the world is laughing on us exhorbitantly....Exclusive news by Indian channels...please show this to I&B ministry person, if u know any...we r doing mistakes upon mistakes..

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Media lives on 4C's - Cricket, Crime, Cinema and Commercials

They do anything for those.!

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

True sir...i'd like to add 1 more 'C' - Controversy !!

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Mohan Well said! 

@Raghav Aptly added! However, the rest of the 4 terms have your 'C' for controversy in common 

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

wah! 5Cs..I thought only marketing strategy goes by that..u proved even Media strategy has its own 5C

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Raghav I did read your blog post..and commented on other posts also.. i think u changed ur blog template now..it looks cool..and i still dint close it...cos of the songs..so that idea of having songs worked for u..keep changing the playlist...ok that was deviation from the discussion..

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

i feel very shy if you guys address me as sir... especially you raghav, pls call me Mohan!

Raghav Aggarwal
Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

@ unknown : thanks buddy for d appreciation...and although i've given a lot of options to d reader for d songs as per d choice,  ya d order in the playlist can b changed...still u can give me any favs of urs as an addition...

@ mohan bhai (i hope this works !) 

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Much better Raghav!

LockSign in to reply to this thread