What type of movies will you make if given a chance?

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Its a paradox,we have high-flown techies in our country ,however the dilettante effort at sci-fi movies like robot and krish has a long way to go.They are so amateurish.One cant even stay through the trailors.i have been a sci-fi aficionado since my nous beckoned mechanical syndrom :P I feel ,think Indians show stop their infantile attempts at scifi...Don't robot promos look.eemm...rib-tickling.I mean the costume and the look and feel...so sciolistic.They suck at it...what say..If you compare matrix,inception to this fiddling attempt...we are light-years behind in terms of script,screenplay and almost everything that involves movie-making.what say....It has taken ages for karan johar to come out of his tear-jerking drama..movies today a little light-hearted and more matured as compared to what they used to be...anybody has watched balayya movies(telugu)..few things dont change

P.S:i like what unknown comments so much i thought switching the topic is a good idea..thanks anon.u throw some light,in a lite comic way :)

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: found another relevant yet interesting topic
1-20
21-22
Replies 1 to 20 of 22 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

does this have anything to do with blogging?

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

i dont think so!!!

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

its just a discussion....an off topic...a topic for blogging indeed....

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

cover this topic into ur blogging...

i wanna to see that in ur post... longing for ur new post!! Smile

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

well there have been so many random discussion ranging from existence of god to favourite book,movies etc....did it have anything to do with blogging?

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

very good question... we need to figure out formal guidelines. Let me see if we can do something about this @ indiblr5.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago
yes thats what we need!
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

do update abt this.

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

very tactful that is Deepak...can someone specify the general rules to post in forums....?coz there are so many random topics..one is in dilemma ...

what is to be posted under general and off-topic????

yeah will post it in my blog,no worries..

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

existence of god has anything to do with blogging?however,being vague and rude is not going help ... 

Sakshi Narula Bhatnagar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Vaishali I think some people feel that they have the right to make rules where ever they go...Indi Blogger is for all kinds of people...for all kind of views, for all schools of thought...You are a member just like anybody else and you very well have the right to discuss anything under the sun... If people dont like an off topics let them not visit them...they have that choice...:)

BTW, in response to your post on the forum..

I dont think that we should stop making sci-fi movies...its fun to watch them...they may not be world class but are hilarious enough to make your day...Looking forward to Robot....

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Sakshi, I would have appreciated if you had gone through my previous reply before flaming it up. I certainly don't feel happy for things that make others feel bad. Thanks for the nice piece of advice. I shall keep that in mind and stay away.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

i think this game is better off the forum. I have been trying to hold my words for this.

we just dont want spam and shameless promotion to start up again and hence IndiPolice been patroling into things that are not related to blogging.

The line "you very well have the right to discuss anything under the sun" can also help people bang on and start promotion and spam activities. Not all people understand the difference between discussing and posting anything.

I hope you respect that. Its something that the whole community, exept for the those spammers, really wanted and thats how IndiPolice has come into existance.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

We already had objected to the Existence of god thread. Not that we are exited about it and letting it be there.

I have that question to the IndiPolice is why that thread is still there. Religious sentiments being hurt is a problem is it?

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

GOD created bloggers :P

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

P.S doesnt it say at the bottom...."dont be shy.provoke a discussion or ask a question"  so why the confusion :P

Sakshi Narula Bhatnagar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

So it does...U r right...Smile

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I suggest lets have one thread for Q&A..where ask whatever and get whatever..to avoid...hundreds of threads for each Q and As..

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hey Sakshi -thanks for the reply..I too enjoy watching sci-fi just the Indian make of sci-fi is comic.I feel it requires much polishing...

btw why is it called general and off-topic?if we are supposed to discuss only about blogging..sounds obessive-compulsive.. :P

how much can u discuss about blogging related topics...?there are forums for these as well rt?however,the reaction was curt and impulsive...people would rather communicate courtly and not be so abrupt.

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Todays token of sarcasm goes to---

Indi-demigods

Mohan-and Deepak...who think they can decide for others lmao.a little advice for you two,pls go through what each type of forum is meant for before blindly posting your feedback..it clearly mentions in general and off topic --"Everything not covered above" and there are seperate forums mentioned in the list on the right-hand side where topics related to blogging are discussed...wake up and smell the coffee :)

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thank you!

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

hey..its ok dont spit fire...there have been so many cases..in which ppl tried similar things..which ended up as spam and promotions.. ..so to make sure they wld have commented on this in a hurry.. ..

they will understand as the discussion goes on..if it is a geniune one or a spam..

I hope there are no karma points for no. of threads started right...else I have zillion questions in my mind which are not covered in the above threads..and will cash on

Abhishek
from Delhi
13 years ago

There are some people in the forum who are just more interested in questioning the relevance of forum topics.

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

James Cameron took 12 years to mould the concept of Avatar. Here the main problem is lack of infrastructure and money to make such films.

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

wow.... guys thanx for the title..

Indi-demigods.. i love this Smile

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

yehaw..... finally you like something Deepak,you make my day .... :)

Sujith-true ,but filmmakers dont realize that.They want to make whatever comes by with available resources and the result is what we see.Not just sci-fi but animation movies as well.We have gaming-geeks and people with excellent graphic/multimedia expertise but still our animation movies are no match with theirs.Infact the irony is theres a company in my city that handles the graphics part of hollywood movies...I wish Indian filmindustry knew how to utilize them.

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Cool

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

yeah sure....we made the point :)

.however,the original discussion for this thread was sci-movies and bollywood ...which i guess can continue if it interests anyone.. :)

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

just to continue the discussion; I do think that the sci-fi movies should not be made in Hollywood because A) LAck of original script; B) Insufficient technical capabilities to execute it properly

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Ashish, i hope u meant should not be made in bollywood, not hollywood! 

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hemal shah--Do u see any links in this thread?what shameless promotion are you talking about?If you cant smell out the difference btn a general off-hand topic and shameless promotion,thats your koan.I think Indipolice rather have people with proper discernment instead of blindly judging a thread out of farcical sense of power.Spammers will spam out of their intrinsick mental condition regardless of what rules you apply.So instead of blindly stopping people from posting,Indi would rather implement system like askimnet to catch spam comments.Coz by indipolicing,you are intentionally/unintentionally offending lot of users and apparently not being fair.you cant support one one thing and oppose the oher thing that fall in the same line of trems and conditions.

P.S:The intention of this post was only to discuss,when you dont see any links posted by anybody else in the discussion,dont fret.If people spam that is not the problem of somebody who wants to start a discussion.Indipolice doesnt have any code of communication?If you think ,according to you unconnected assumption that its not good enough..isnt there a proper method to address it?Its not challenging to be blunt.If Indiblogger really wants users they'd rather lay down proper rules coz if people are going to be insulted in the name of spam ,justfor starting a post or a thread,i dont think they will continute to be a part of this forum.And hemal,this is not a 'game' as you have addressed it.please develop proper sagacity before pattering your judgement.

"We already had objected to the Existence of god thread. Not that we are exited about it and letting it be there." If you have objected it,why is still there?You cant  have separate rules for two different threads.Neither does this thread provoke religious views nor is it meant to be.I expected a non-chalant discussion on this off-hand topic to connect to lot of people who like sci-fi.and know their views.

Ashish-thanks for continuing the discussion :) .i agree with you.Indian filmakers lack the vision and utilization of technical stuff to make a sci-fi movie.And because its a sci-fi movie,you by default expect it to be technically spectacular,esp coz the genre per se screams -'sci-fi'.

Vanati-thanks for your views,true indian filmmakers cant utilize the technical expertise we have,however hollywood makes good use of our experts to  win oscars.

unknown--you have a good sense of humour,appreciate it.

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Solution:pls Implement system a like askimnet and dont stop/blame/insult people who post.summing it up :)

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

copycat :P i said that 18hrs before u posted this :)

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

What's wrong with this thread? It should have been a platform for some awesome creative discussions, after all we all are creative people, with the blogs we own, i guess!! The veins of any Cinema is the script of it and that's what everyone of us do, Write! So i guess this topic is cool here & should stay and some interesting discussions should be happening too! Smile

Nice topic Vaishali!

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Unknown-I dunno where you have posted what.I have been using wordpress from the day of its inception,so I know of askimnet...so posted it ...no copying-cating just reflexes :)

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Vaishali and Hemal .... take a loooooooong breathSmile

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

lucky me, a whole sunday to do that Smile

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I am so flattered by that :)

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Vaishali I say there must be attempts. See they are the ultimate laughter riots. Why would you want to miss them?

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

if I were to be a producer I will never make a Sci-fi movie...I will remake some old love story with some fights n songs.. cos I want to make money and not to do social service...

The firangs have all technology, money to get those stuff...and whole world is their market owing to the credibility etc..

now its only in the recent past that our movies are making their presence felt in the global arena..it will take sometime

dont worry as our horizon grows bigger even we'll make better ones...

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Unknown--Laughing..very honest answer that is..old  love story with some fights and songs..so filmy.you like bollywood?maybe its a major influence...Its going to take aeons by the time we grow in that sector.

I'd produce/direct animation..and fantasy movies...horror-comedy..mixed genres and spoof movies.I'd like to pun crime series and psycho-trillers ...well theres so much once you let your imagination loose....

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

It seems like you already got scripts for a dozens of films ready! Tongue out In case you need a asst dir for any of those, do call me Cool

Between, yeah Indian cinema is a bit amateurish to try Sci-fi movies because thats not what Indian culture teaches us i guess! Have anyone seen any beautiful family entertainers as you see in Indian cinema in the hollywood? No, because that's not their culture. So the sci-fi is new in Indian cinema & it will take some to to achieve perfection there. I rightly guess, after having watched all his tamil movies that Sankar is the right guy to try out a Sci-fi movie!!

On what kinda movie i will make, I am a big fan of a malayali script writer named Ranjith, he has produced some of the greatest scripts post 2000, and he recently said he is from now on going to produce only meaningful movies which induces a thought in to the viewers mind after getting off the theatre, unlike those meaningless action-masala flicks! And didn't i say he's a big hero of mine? So my movies would be similar ones too Laughing

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I dont like any wood in general..I like good movies across.. but have observed that most of the Tamil movies have rich stories...

Well in my reply..I was trying to be realistic as a money maker...

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Delhi
13 years ago

WILL YOU TOPIC TROLLS PLEASE QUIT POLICING THE CREATIVE DISCUSSIONS IN GENERAL AND OFF TOPIC CATEGORY. IT FEELS AS IF I AM BACK TO OFFICE WITH A BLOOD THRISTY BOSS CONTINOUSLY HOVERING AND SNIFFING MY LOOPHOLES. ALSO NO ONE IS PROMOTING HIM/HER SELF SHAMELESSLY HERE. ONLY PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS ARE SHARING THEIR VIEWS. THEIR IS NOTHING OFFENDING IN THAT. STOP MAKING PEOPLE MAKE FEEL AS IF THEY ARE LIVING IN NORTH KOREA. THAT'S WHY I DON'T LIKE THE CONCEPT OF 'INDIPOLICE', CALLING THESE PEOPLE MODERATORS WILL SURELY LIGHTEN THINGS A BIT.

Now that I am done with my rant here is my opinion relevant to the topic.

There was a time in bollywood when movies made were not plagiarized or dependent on vulagarity and below the belt comedies. If given a chance I would love to make movies which highlight that prominent dark side of present day Indian society. Just like 'peepli live' which amalgamated sarcasm with drama to produce a master piece. I would like to make movies with plots based in villages and small towns, for they have almost gone off the bollywood's map. I would love to make movies which leave behind a strong message, just like Bimal roy's 'Do Bigha Zamin'.

The likes of karan Johar are busy making movies based in US. Oh please, We Indian constitute the ninth of the world's population and the land that we own is not small to search for characters and places on which a movie can be made.

Good movies are tantamount to good literature. Good literary figures are common in india and I am sure that we can do without the mindless movie makers of today.

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

well said Abhi..

the title and content of the thread are modified now..so the ppl who opposed  on the topic earlier....felt it was some kind of spam..and yes that was in haste..probably could have added something to the topic to make it more fruitful discussion...

1-20
21-22
LockSign in to reply to this thread