Contest ideas

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Blog contest is a popular way of blog promotion. Contests can bring loads of traffic and back links to your blog.  Please share your innovative contest ideas here.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: spelling
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

I have had this idea of a contest, but not pratical in a small blog like mine! :)

The contest is like, everyone can make a post about their home town, with few photos and a slight narration about the culture, the people and language, and what all they can. It will do good in many ways like the bloggers can have a feel of different places without having to visit them and it is a feel good idea i guess! Smile

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

And it won't be asking too much from a blogger since, no one would have trouble describing their home-town to other bloggers and should actually be a proud thing to do. :)

Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Naveen, good idea. Nothing like that big or small blog, with a little bit planning you can also make your idea to a reality. Can you elaborate a little bit? How you want to conduct this ? 

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

hello Sujith Sir It was a great idea and i also want to suggest some thing.

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Yeah, thats what i said, conducting in a small blog like mine can be suicide. What kind of gifts am i supposed to give? The idea i had initially was give away some logo or something like..this blog participated in this contest, and i really didn't want to select one winner because everyone might feel their hometown as the best and voting on it won't also be the best. The intention was to know more about different places!! 

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Now i kind a bit of interest to go forward with it, but is it good? A contest with just a participation badge and no winners prizes? Will some1 participate then?

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

Naveen instead of home town we can talk about India and anyone can post the  pic from anywhere from India. How is the idea?

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

No dude, i want it to be on home-town. I have a special, very special feeling for my hometown and i am sure everyone has it. The memories of your young days, and all are worth it! So i want it to be on hometown Smile Then only shall it be genuine and different and worth it!

Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Think beyond the badges and all. 

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

ok go ahead

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Sujith, probably you can come up  with an idea for that matter, you are experienced in this matter! ( But i would really love to make it, a priceless gift! Or i can't really afford!)

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Jacky, you should give in suggestions too! :)

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

ya i m also thinking but not getting the right path

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Naveen  go ahead with your idea. A small idea of Mark Zuckerberg is now a billion dollar business Money mouth

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Haha..Tongue out But i really don't know any photo-shop or stuff to even make a badge on my own! Such a Tech-illiterate i feel now! Undecided 

Nandan Narula
Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

Thats really a great idea Naveen. . i wud love to be a part of ur contest . I was also planning to start a different kind of a contest through my blog n its fb fanpage, but the problem is that in order to attract new readers, i need some intresting prizes, for which i need a sponsor, or i ll have to shell out some bucks from my pocket.

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

C'mon, the idea i had was, people who are really interested to write don't go blind behind a prize, but rather would love to get a topic to write on and get their thoughts read! Thats my thinking and my idea was based on it! Probably and surely a contest with a prize money/ prize would attract more people!

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

ya we have to think about that

Jacky Manwani
from Bhopal
13 years ago

Ya naveen its right most of the persons write because to win the prize .it was normal tendency

Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

but my blog's theme calls for other readers also. . n i wud love to have more loyal readers. . as everyone is concerned about his / her finances. . i am focusing on net users, other than bloggers also

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Nandan..u r right too! :) 

I really can't think of any prizes now, other than some funny creations in fotoshop or something ( that too only if any of my friend helps :D ). So if no one wants to write for a badge, i might very well keep my mouth shut and wave the idea bye! :D

Nandan Narula
Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

Chill buddy. . . :-). . even i simply congratulate n give a congratulations badge to my lucky followers n fans. . :-). . people will definitely turn up. . m completely in. . i hope u ll allow all to post some pics also

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Pictures r what i really need, but not just that, writings..a bit of explanations too! The idea was there 4 a long time, but got the confidence only a few minutes before from this thread.

Thanks Sujith for that n u & Jacky!

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Someone else liked my idea? I have made a draft ready! If 3 people say they are really up for it, i shall start it on 1st Oct! Smile Now wondering what? Check the top posts!!

Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Naveen its a cool idea...I would love to participate... :D 

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Now if i see you not participating, i will flood ur blog with comments Yell Now please don't say you want those comments plz Surprised Tongue out

Thanks Sakhi!!

Tejas Ramakrishnan
Tejas Ramakrishnan
from Kannur
13 years ago

Naveen, sorry for such a late proposal like this....

But i would like to be a part of it. Why don't we give a domain name as the price. I will be the sponsor... Or in case you have any other prize suggestion let me know...

By the way, Keralathil evideyanu, mashude sundara gramam...

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Whatever the contest the prize should be attractive! :)

right, addy, I was thinking of roping in pamella anderson to give a nice kiss to the person comind 1st, , second one a nice hand shake ,and the third a nice hi, over phone.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

I like being third... because it shows some future prospects...Surprised

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
13 years ago

Contest is good for sharpening writing skill, but it should not be on a product of sponsored company. There are copy writers in Ad company to do the job. More over how many posts can be read on the same product again and again? 

LockSign in to reply to this thread