Tracking our comments through Indivine

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Is there someway by which our comments can be tracked when posted on individual blogs through Indivine? I am one of those nut cases who actually reads the post through before promoting it and many times also leave a comment if the post merits one; this also lets the blogger know that the post has been read and not just viewed.

However, tracking the comments is very difficlut. Wordpress has a 'your comments' section where the blogger can view the thread of the comment he or she has made. Can Indi help in this? I mean can the blogger be notified through mail that his or her comment has been replied to? Or, as in Indiforum, which has a 'my topics' section, can a 'my comments' section be started in Indivine, to facilitate tracking one's comments?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: typos
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Indipolice, where are you? Isn't there someone in indi who listens to requests or suggestions? And I thought that indipolice is available 24x7 to the bloggers!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

as i know its not any way over indiblogger to trac ur comments over any blog..... it provided with only to track ur replies to any particular thread over forum

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ya we are available 24X7....

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

BTW thnxs for ur valuable suggestions and we will be get back to u soon...Smile

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Mag, Indipolice took more than 24 hours and a prompt to respond to this topic. Cry

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hey zephyr we too r humans, we too need rest,  we do like the things like weekend hang out, chilling outside, roaming outside...... so sometimes even we failed to respond ..... hope u didn't mind thatInnocent

Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Not at all, but then qualify your claim to say, 'at your service 24x5' Laughing

Kevin
Kevin
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Many of the Wordpress blogs often have a subscribe to comments option available so that you would get all the replies and further comments in your email.

For example check out my blog post 

http://rkevin.com/personal/2010/10/02/16-values-we-can-learn-from-mahatma-gandhi/

At the end, there is a Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail option.

If you click on that while posting comments, you will get the replies and further comments in your email.

However this is an optional addon and not all blogs may have this. Most good ones do though. I recommend that you get this for your blog as well.

You can try this Wordpress plugin.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/

Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

This is there in wordpress blogs, I know, but not in other ones. What I want is to be able to track comments without having to go back to the blog I have commented on. That way you have all your comments in one place. Also, I am not net savvy at all, Kevin. so I need some simple method. I don't think it should be too difficult for the indi team to come up with something.

Kevin
Kevin
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I am not an expert but it might be difficult to get comments from different blogs into a common place on Indiblogger. Because there is no connection between the blogs and Indiblogger.

Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Mag has promised to get back with something. Let's what he has to offer to net-rookie oldies like me! Smile

Vyasamoorthy
Vyasamoorthy
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

You may try http://www.cocomment.com/

Here is a Firefox extension which you may use; even a bookmarklet is available. After installing you can track all coments you ever make on any site including blogsites.

Unfortunately this is available for Firefox Safari IE and Opera but not for Chrome which I prefer of late!!

If you using Firefox extension then every comment you post is tracked automatically. If you are using bookmarklet you need to click the icon for cocoment before making comment.

Hope this helps you

Vyasamoorthy

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

But the idea is to which all blogs we have promoted and/or commented over at the Indivine!

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, Vyasamoorthy. I use Google chrome too. So i guess it won't be of use. Anyway, I will ask the expert (my son) about this. Thanks for the info, again.

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Ashish, you are right. I need some tool to track my comments made through Indivine. Will the software suggested by Vyasamoorthy help?

LockSign in to reply to this thread