Are you planning for a weekend trip??

Parwathi. S. Hegde
Parwathi. S. Hegde
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Most of the time if we are planning a weekend visit nearby then we will start searching in Google or reading blogs to find out some good places where I can spend time with my friends or family.  Thanks to bloggers!!Smile

There are plenty of great places around bangalore for a weekend trip.  Also, numerous famous temples.  I really wonder sometimes if I visit these places every weekend and still I may take more than a year just to see places in and around bangalore.

Please start posting on great places for weekends where people can really relax. 

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

I have visited only the famous places in and around Bangalore like Iskcon temple, Bennerghata , Lalbag, Nandi Hills etc.

Nandi Hills- My fav spot

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I visited Iskcon.. to be frank, I didnt feel any better. the temple is nice, the way out is forced through scrolls of shops that make you feel that you are in a market and not in a temple.

this is a heavly commercialized way for temples and I frankly didnt appreciate that. the Mumbai ISKCON at juhu is much better i as far as I remember.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

nandhi hills is nice place , but extremely crowd

Parwathi. S. Hegde
Parwathi. S. Hegde
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Hemal.. whatever u said is true..Smile try to visit Sai Spiritual Centers... I like the way the devotees are treated.. I mean.. Bhajans are held here, u can take pictures, and at end of the "arti" some Prasad (sweet, curdrice, etc) are distributed... but still am not a devotee of Sai.. I really like these temples...

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey

Tumkur is great place to visit .

few places around NH4  Bangalore - tumkur

Trek/ climbing : Shivagange (Dabspet) , Madhugiri fort , Siddar betta , Channarayandurga , Koratagere , heggunda , nijagal kote .

not so much trekking but really good place : Aldahalli , Mahimpura , mandharagiri ,devarayanadurga .

Temples: Kaidala , Golur , Chelur , gubbi, Tiptur , Araluguppe , Hatyal , seebi .

All these places are in and around tumkur about 100 kms from bangalore .

Magadi is also very good place .

Trek /Climb: Savandurga , Huthridurga , Kayala caves .

Temples/ Fort :  Magadi fort , Thirudumale ,

Water place : T G halli , Machinbele dam .

Kanakapura , Ramanagar & channapatna are also good places to visit .

You can also visit my blog http://teamgsquare.blogspot.com/

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I missed kolar , chikbalapur and Devanahalli are also equally good and worth visit .

You can also visit my blog http://teamgsquare.blogspot.com/

Shwetal Rai
Shwetal Rai
from Bangalore
13 years ago

You are right... Blr has so many weekend getaways just around the corner... When I was in Bangalore, I've done Mysore, Coorg and Ooty so many times... Its lovely... :)

for climbing and adventure sports kinds of getaways there is Savandurga, Ramnagaram

Enjoy a great weekend :)

Smile n shine

Shwetal

Parwathi. S. Hegde
Parwathi. S. Hegde
from Bangalore
13 years ago

On long weekend of end of october/november first week we went to Kollur, Sringeri, Horanadu, Ambalpadi, Anegudde.. South Kanara is famous for temples... It was a very nice trip.. planning to post them may be next week...Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread