Are you a blogger with heart...?

Gokul N K
Gokul N K
from Bangalore
13 years ago

How many of us can cross our hearts and say "Yes" to the above question. I can say I stand by what I blog. 

You blog for many reasons money, fame, friends, contests and prizes. But the first tenet of blogging according to me is BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, and don't write what you don't believe in. 

Pour in your ideas. Were there any instances where you blogged something for a contest, though you didn't believe in it?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: links removed.
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Amit Purohit
Amit Purohit
from Ahmedabad
13 years ago

I blog; coz I exist to write.

I never write for contests.

And my blog speaks it all...!

Regards,

amit

My Infatuation Love Demystified

www.shayar4u4ever.blogspot.com

Gokul N K
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey Amit I am not against writing for contests, I was referring to compromising once stand for a contest thats all...

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I believe I am a blogger with heart,brain and rest of the body.

Before someone reports it to be spam.. remove that link of urs Tongue out

=

I personally dont like these contests..

enough man..am tired of races in life.. school,college,entrance exams and even in office..

I dont participate in any contest... but again am not against the people who organize or participate.. some people need a material inspiration...so they do..

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
13 years ago

I am a blogger with heart. I blog just because I want to raise my voice and cast my opinion. It is an effective medium to reach thousands of people and make them aware about the things. I blog because I love to share my experiences - both good and bad. 

Till now I have not participated in any contest. But I am not against it. I feel that it lets you know how successful you are in making the people understand you. People should be honest to themselves while participating in contests. Why change your opinion just for the sake of some prize or fame? 

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

In that case i am not a blogger with a heart, because i don't showcase my emotions or feelings in my blog. I want it to be like a magazine which can be read by every one, irrespective of their age and creed! I don't wanna get personal in my blog and i would participate in contests, given the contest has something to do with my mind. 

As unknown said, before some1 labelled this as a Spam, better remove the links! Tongue out

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Well..i am surely a blogger with brain, if not the bloody heart! Tongue out

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

yes I am a blogger with heart and it speaks emotions straight from heart.

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

I usually tend to participate in contests with some themes and prompts, but not in those which promote products. I try to put in "my thoughts" (my own thoughts usually on society, nature, social elements and emotions) into those themes rather than writing for sake of winning those. This way my blog reaches more people than it would in a normal case. But, that's about.

I'm going through enough of rat race in my life and I don't want to do that in my blog too :D

What do you say guys?

Niranjana.S
Niranjana.S
from chennai
13 years ago

i blog to share the stuff i know with the rest who will be interested in it. it has some articles and some thoughts. no personal stuff. i do it to just share some knowledge and gain some. nothing else :)

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
13 years ago

I blog to share what I got in my mind which I normally do not express in my practical life. I blog about some topics which I believe that it deserve much more importance than it is receiving today. Am I a blogger of true heart? I do not know but, I believed that my topics used to have a positive intention towards the society!! Moreover, blogging is the simplest way for publishing things which might be relevant or not!

I can be frank on this, I started my go at blogging with a heart, and brain was being utilized on it in 1or 2% capacity utilization. 

one day I saw about contest on fb and being a true marwari, I thought I can use some more of my brain on this, and joined the show.

I haven't won anything yet ,but i' ve been able to polish my blog well, and have a very miniscule count of votes etc. but those have come up without asking any of my friends.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes! I have a heart! but the ladies always fight to grab it! I dunno why! Embarassed

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Surprised

LockSign in to reply to this thread