What drives our Blogs?

Cyril Sam
Cyril Sam
from Delhi
15 years ago

Are we cursed with too many tech blogs? Is blogging just about sharing information, reproducing news and keeping an online log, are we somewhere missing the social responsibility part?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

It is unfortunate... but we have a country that's pumping out techies in thousands every day so I guess it's inevitable. We certainly need more blogs on nobler causes.

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Its because the blogging revolution hasn't spread to the masses of India. Its mainly the techies who blog & I suppose most techies too are drawn to blogging due to the monitory gains. 

While there are a few others, they remain heavily outnumbered. Also many college students (except tech streams) who are computer literate don't seem to be interested in taking the pains to pen their thoughts down. And it's a known fact that to build an opinionated blog requires a long term commitment.

Last but not the least is an inadequate infrastructure that keeps the people away from this profession. Lack of technical know-how & support is also a big factor.

Samuel
Samuel
from Hyderabad / Pilani
15 years ago

I guess its got more to do with motivation.. and I believe the blogosphere is changing faster now.. In my college, in the last few months the number of blogs has skyrocketed and none of those blogs is a tech blog.. That's why I don't think we are "cursed" by too many tech blogs...

Regarding what drives our blogs, I'd like to say that I blog just for the sake of expressing myself, but I'd be lying if I said that I'd not be disturbed if very few people read it or comment on what I write..

LockSign in to reply to this thread