Resolution for IndiForum Guidelines

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Last week during the IndiBlr meet, we had a constructive discussion with the bloggers present at the meet. Here are few points that we decided to implement on this forum.

1. IndiBlogger Forum is primarily meant for discussions related to blogging.
  2. Make use of the existing categories aptly for creating any new thread.
  3. IndiBlogger community does encourage people to post threads not related to blogging under 'General and Off Topic' category
  4. Since the importance is for blogging related threads, only one thread to be listed in the 'forum' home for 'General & Off Topic' category. However, all other threads should be made available under that category.
  5. Any self promotion threads should be removed from Forum.

Feel free to share your thoughts and your feedback to make this a better place for all. If you have an opinion to voice, do it now!

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending

@ mohan ji, the differentiation of self promotion thread , type , falling under , should be earmarked, categorized in a way. so that it is easy to understand  and avoid such thing .

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

yes, more clarity needed there... Any suggestions for folks here?

too many laws , kill the zeal, so every effort is necessary for a relaxed properly thought out system. 

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Not really, without those things will go haywire. 

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Dont we have those chat forums for that? Let us utilise Indistream for this purpose

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Well, people love forum better for offline reference than live chats ;)

@mohan ji, at christian marriage ceremony ,priest says, if any one has an objection, do it now, or remain silent for life,

A poor man chose to be silent and stopped talking altogether,

another incidence, a prank, a pregnant lady stood up to the question, seeing this the groom's mother fainted.

spammers are also contributos of the blog, and we should respect their fervor , due to which atleast forum gets new entrants.

I would strongly suggest ,a simple awards to non spammers, and highlight it, 

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Well, you are comparing an orange to an apple here :D Don't ask me which one is apple and which is orange Cool

We are always open for feedback from users and fine tune things as the time demands. 

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

@Mohan ji

I too have that feeling that Self-promotion should be kept out of Active Forum Discussions, shoul be kept limited to Twitter, facebook etc. And, in fact IndiVine provides a very good platform for updating audience on updated Blogs...

@Pramod ji, your examples tooo good Tongue out Now, let this discussion to decided the Policy bindings on Forum...

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thank you. Any changes you want to see from the mentioned guidelines?

@ punit, right, positive discussions r good. 

i daily receive mails,form federal etc. winning billions of $,  that is spamming,

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Absolutely... Bloggers community is to discuss things related to blogging which can be under various defined categories.

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Is above points implemented or in pipeline???

well for me Thumbs-UP! Smile

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

We want the consent of other bloggers too before implementing this :)

Shashi
Shashi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

thts great mohan..  uve finally formulated all that was discussed into proper guidelines..

im with it :)

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks Shashi.. glad you took part in the discussion and appreciate the solution you provided as well!

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
13 years ago

In my opinion there can be three sections on FORUM.

1- Important Stuff- Exclusively for Indiblogger guidelines/announcements/notice/ammendments etc etc by the indiblogger team members.

2-Indibloggers Question- All questions/doubts/Problems related to blogging AND BLOGGING ALONE.

3- General/offbeat- Open forum not related to blogging alone under the supervision of indi police. 

There is also need to redefine -" Self Promotion". 

Manav Dhiman
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey one more... Whenever a General/Offbeat topic is posted, the IndiPolice should be notified about it, so that they can supervise it a bit. If it's okay, then no prob... But if it's not, then it would be deleted.

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

1 - already there in the form of sticky threads.

2 - This is what the forum is supposed to be for!

3 - Actually #2 is flooded with these... separate section would be a nice thought too!

thanks for your inputs Ayyangar.

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Anymore inputs from fellow indies here?

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I have a slightly different opinion on the only relevant to blogging part..

Indiblogger is also one kind of a social network..right..in fact I should say..among all social networks if there was soem kind of categorizaton based on intelluctual levels..may be indiblogger would feature among the top ones..cos being bloggers most of us would be reading extensively..and hence I assume ...the knowledge levels would be much higher..

now..the most important advantage of a network is the collective intelligence....now this is not just only related to blogging..I agree relaxed rules attract spam..now thats where the admins and police should play a bigger role..

If you have checked this discussion forum pagalguy.com. It was started only for MBA.. still there are topics in which people discuss about equities,hobbies,movies,careers etc. if you see the categories of discussions, they are clearly demarcated..to curtail spam.. inspite of all that also..somtimes spammers go on ..which are purged out by admins.. I think the same should be implemented in indiblogger..

I created a topic http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=6649 to address all silly questions which were raised to create multiple topics for discussions...now why isnt there a topic like this among the sticky topics.. may be it could have avoided the muliple silly topics...

all I am saying is..re-defining the categories[posting rules specific to categories] and strict policing will help in having knowledgable and fruitful discussions

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Renie, i think we are good with this resolution as mentioned initially. Please go ahead and make changes.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

this is great! this should be a sticky topic.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hey Mohan, the "General and Off Topic" threads have been hidden from the latest activity on the homepage. Could you list out what else needs to be done from my end? Or is that all?

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

FAQ/Forum guidelines should be updated  :)

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

+1 to Mohan! :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Now i understand whats missing... :)

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Hemal What?

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

indiRank... might be @Hemal

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I am furious right now cause of the activities that is going on in the forum! No matter how much we say and request nobody listens! arrrgggh!

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

matter of concern....Surprised

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

People, read this. And please no "Self-promotional threads" anymore!

Nani
Nani
from Vijayawada
13 years ago

Its great! 

We Like forum better for offline reference than live chats ..

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yup... feel free to make the best use of it :)

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Resolutions for a better Indiblogger #win

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Absolutely... everyone wins :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread