A Hi From Freezing Switzerland

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Hello Friends,

It is ice cold outside. People are covered in bulky winter jackets, covering their face almost fully and so not able to recognize who they are. My face always go bright and the part below my nose go broad smiling, when I find any Indian friends on the way (oh that feeling of meeting friends outside the nation is different).

But this winter had put a hold for a while. But I am so happy that I am going to get bulk friends at a single shot from here. I joined today (a very much newbie) and love to learn from you seniors (oh come on, I meant seniors in Indiblog, don't dig down to find my date of birth Wink).

The first thing that got in my eyes as soon as I joined was that word "Contest". So I submitted my entry. I am going to say a hi individually to you friends, once after I bring my son from school and get rid of this sore throat. Take care. Bye now.

Mythili

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Removed link as per advice :)
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending

great mythili, enjoy,.Smile

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Thanks Pramod for the warm welcome :-) and thanks for all the friends who voted me. You all are really inspiring.

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Thanx for the interesting insights Mythili... and a very Warm welcome to the forum (I am sure you must be craving for some warmth, being in a cold weather as it is)

But I must pose this question to you; is it really pertinent to put the indivine link on the post? Would request you to remove the link and then probably you xould have a better discussion with people around

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Thanks Aashish for the warm welcome and yes I need it...

and oh yes... the seniors advice accepted ;) (Senior - as explained above)

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

LOL... So why are you in the swiss land? I hope for opening an account :D

Do bring chocolates on return!

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Aashish, women always have only one choice... Resigning job and follow husband abroad Smile and this choice is a very must, if you have kids... That is why I am in this Ice land :-(

Chocolates are the only items I bring home most of the time.... So sure can share with our bloggers team, if get to meet next time Laughing

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

ohk... then I will modify the question "I hope you moved because your husband wants to open a swiss account" and yah I will wait for the chocolates... BTW, where from in India do you belong  to?

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Hmmm... Just thinking about opening Swiss account... May be winners of the contests can send their cheque to me and I can deposit in Swiss banks on their behalf... No cheating at all... deal OK????? Laughing

Sourav, would be glad, if I can send the whole Alps to you... It is zero degree outside at this moment and so a bad satruday :-(

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

You send me some snow, and I'd send you some sunshine .. at least virtually! It still is warmth! Smile

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hello Mythili 

Expecting threads that do more with blogging from you here on the forum! 

Cheers!

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Thanks Sanjay for your warm welcome. I will try my level best Smile

Sourav, my friend... here we go... my virtual gift to you...

http://www.picable.com/Nature/Mountains/Switzerland---Titlis.1046199

Mythili Kannan
Mythili Kannan
from Basel
13 years ago

Aashish, I missed your question "Where I belong to, in India"....

By birth, I belong to Tamilnadu...but my great grandparents root goes somewhere into Andhra Pradesh... Now daughter-in-law of Kerala and worked 4+ years in Karnataka.... 75% of my friends are from North...

So, I am a complete INDIAN Laughing

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

he he... a mix of culture, if there was any... though you are yet to have a taste of the warm ppunjabi culture, I assume... but koi na... you will get a taste of it soon because the Punjabis are all across the world, especially in junior punjab (read Canada)... BTW, I have written a post on Punjabi weddings... If you want, you can go through it to get some idea about the meek and unpretentious community that is the Punjabis :D

LockSign in to reply to this thread