Favourite Television Series (hindi/english/ any language)

prachie gohil
prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

i dunno is this is relevant to blogging but watching serials can certainly be insightful and inspiring in terms of writing.. let us know which ones left an impression on you..!!

Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Descending
Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

My all time favs is FRIENDS... absolutely loved it... and simpsons...

@ashish ji, good, mine are old ones, yes minister, yeh jo hai zindagi, hum log buniyaad,

new ones. taarak mehta, sarabhai, 

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

agree with u... the simpsons have an awesome script!

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

FRIENDS is classic. No more words to describe it!

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

FRIENDS it is :)

Priya
Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

FRIENDS, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Seinfeld, 30 Rock, Glee, Whose Line Is It Anyway, Bones, Castle, Supernatural, Gilmore Girls, House... Seriously, I'm pretty sure I watch more series than movies!!

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

ur list pretty much matches mine, priya! n m  totally in love with rick castle... hehe..

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

Lol me too Wink ! And I forgot to mention White Collar!!

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

In fact Priya, there are a lot of sries in ur list that I like too! HIMYM, Bones, Criminal minds, Two and a Half Men, Seinfeld, Smallville, Relic Hunter (used to come about 8-9 years back), Everybody loves raymond, Futurama

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

^Oh that's great! I have always wanted to see Smallville! 

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

@priya: that neal caffrey is so sauve.. its almost unbelievable... lol!

@aashish: futurama fan? me too.. i can keep watching it over n over again. dont kill me if i say this but sometimes i like it better than The Simpsons...

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Prachie... have you seen any of the futurama movies? I have seen all 4 of them

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

@aashish: no ya.. have to see them as yet. now that u've mentioned it.. im dying to catch up with those movies! weekend here i come!

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

So many... Sarabahai v/s sarabhai, yes minister, friends, surabhi, byomkesh bakshi, malgudi days, the muppet show...

Always Happy
from United Kingdom
13 years ago

same here....sarabhaivs sarabhai, yes minister, yes primeminister, friends, magudi days

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

South park is the best freaking show on this planet for me! Apart from that, The Big Bang Theory.And yes, I used to love FRIENDS and Hip Hip Hurray back in school.

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Nishant! You are super correct! Cartman ROCKS! Cool

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

I somehow never particularly liked Southpark, and not because of profanities etc... but somehow it never clicked with me!

Amit Purohit
Amit Purohit
from Ahmedabad
13 years ago

Big Bang Theory

regards

amit (my infatuation love demystified)

www.shayar4u4ever.blogspot.com

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Amit, I love TBBT as well!

Sourav, Cheers mate :D

Raison, I still think Anil Kapoor's work with 24 beats everythng he's done so far(Kiefer Sutherland still sounded a lot cooler in Phonebooth though).

Aashish, well the obscenities and toilet humor are two points my friends always use while arguing with me about Southpark, the thing is that Southpark creators are so ****ing sarcastic that they purposely show some mindless jokes to fuel that fire, yet there's not single episode that does not take a dig at social cause and hypocrisy, the best show ever!

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Nishant: The profanities do exist a lot in SP but I dont mind that... but still somehow it never clicked with me

Priyanka Banerjee
Priyanka Banerjee
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Im SUCH a couch potato!!

I love:

-Friends Laughing

-Bones Kiss

-So you think you can dance          -Dare to date

-Castle, White Collar, HIMYM 

[Basically everything on star world :) Except VIP Ewww.]

Elizabeth Joseph
Elizabeth Joseph
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I love Friends...that is the only series I had patience to watch... reached Season 8...

Have got few seasons of 'How I Met Your Mother', will start once I finish Friends :)

Vikas Khair
Vikas Khair
from New Delhi
13 years ago

So so Many The X Files, What I like about you, Alias, Heroes, Castle, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Weeds, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Fringe, Dexter, Dead Like Me, Pushing Dasies, Glee Etc. There are many more can't remember them at this moment. Hope to remember more later. :)

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

heard a lot about weeds.. whats your take on it?

Vikas Khair
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Prachi Weeds is about a suburban housewife who becomes a drug dealer selling pot after her husband dies. It ran for 8 seasons and it was fun sometimes and sometimes unbearable like any long series but ultimately it was a fun little series about a lonely woman managing her family while trying to make a living for them and herself.

Niranjana.S
Niranjana.S
from chennai
13 years ago
master chef Australia, castle, bones, and much more... and i also watch BIG, mega structures to see the new wonderful constructions around the world. :)
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

I too love a lot many programs on Discovery Channel and Dicovey travel and living (TLC now)

S.
S.
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I am surprised nobody mentioned Grey's Anatomy?

:O

Grey's Anatomy all the way for me. :)

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

Ah i only liked Grey's Anatomy in the initial 2-3 seasons....same goes for Heroes (just the first 2 seasons)!

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

McDreamy makes me dreamy eyed! 

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

@Snigda

Seriously? :P

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

hey nishant.. it's a really good series.. there's so much to learn. the characters seem so real. not to mention the graphic accuracy of the medical procedures. men and women both get equal footage.. its totally masala but with some reality to it!

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

Haha, come on if you wanted a medically accurate series you could have watched something like ER(which was totally great in that respect)! Grey's is kind of over-dramatic at times!!

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

hehe... won't deny that bit.. but its more fun!!!!

mr.bean

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

@Prachie

And what about the melodrama that beats even the cheesiest of Karan Johar movies?

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

look.. you cannot possibly compare the two types! karan johar melodrama has zero appeal to ur brains! grey's does do that much work once in a while... Tongue out

Always Happy
Always Happy
from United Kingdom
13 years ago

current most favourite: Sasuraa genda phool

All time favourites: FRIENDS, MInd your language, yes minister, Magudi days, baa bahu aur baby, sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Wagely ki duniya, Ek chaabi hai pados mein, yeh duniya hai rangeen, saans, kora kaagaz, , swabhimaan, shaanti and many more...

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

@Prachie

I don't know my sister is a huge fan of shows like Grey's Anatomy and I have watched a couple of episodes with her.Apart from Sandra Oh I felt like shooting every character on it!

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

haha... u wont get it... !

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Mine is

1. "Oogy n the Cockroaches"
  2. SHAKEtiman
  3. Man Vs Wild wid Bear Grylls
  4. Mogli
  5. Om Namah Shiway
  6. Jai Ganga Maiya
  7. Jai Ganesh
  8. Bal Ganesh
  9. Shani Dev
  10. Mani Dev
  11. Honey Dev
  12. Jai Lankesh
  13. Mata ka Stool

n many more.... still more to come

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

I am sure this list has been very carefully composed to ensure that none of the progs listed here are in any of the earlier responses... BTW, you missed the Rakhi Sawant programs here :D

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

oopsss.. i miss dat !!!

Renzen Lopden Bodh
Renzen Lopden Bodh
from New Delhi
13 years ago

How I met Your Mother tops the list for me, watching random episodes when getting bored is sure a delight.

prachie gohil
from mumbai
13 years ago

i know.. its like.. u can pick up from any episode and not feel the need to see the previous ones.. hai na?

Khushrav W
Khushrav W
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I actually began the sit-com era with Full House since it would air after my school hours, and before my afternoon nap. Now after almost a decade, I find it too sappy and kiddish relying more on cute-parenthood-scenarios. I transcended to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and graduated to it's step-brother How I Met Your Mother. I always wanted to try 30 Rock but found it disconnected when I saw it on television, but after I downloaded and finally grew through it's episodes, I was swept in by it's genuine self-deprecating humor and awesomeness. I thus, became a 30 Rock Groupie and I find very few fans of this sit-com.  Since then I've gotten to The Big Bang Theory and adored the snortey kiddishness of Sheldon Cooper. I love Dexter and despite the stoop of Season 3, I've individually adored the rest of the Seasons though none comes close to the First Season. 

Two And a Half Men lost it's soul after the departure of Charlie Sheen. Many more awesomeness: Everybody Loves Raymond, Happy Endings, Rules Of Engagement, Modern Family. Okay, I gotta stop typing.   

LockSign in to reply to this thread