Most respected-less learned

Sanskrit language is the most respected language, but less people are trying to learn it..

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending

Yeah.. even in Sidny University people are researching on Vaimanika Shastra which deals with making of 20 different types of Aeroplanes...

@ surya, right, ghar ki murgi,daal barabar.,when it returns from west in western style we will adore it.  

Yeah Pramod...!!!! 100% true....:-)

Yes Priya, Sanskrit is a Beautiful language... But  Jyotishya means not only prediction, it has a wonderful maths, Astronomy etc...

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

Jyotishya and Vedas and all is just something I'm not into - I didn't mean it as a bad thing. It's definitely not a bad thing!!!! I just meant that it is very beautiful for just it's grammar and stuff, not to mention the content and scripture!

Suryanarayana Gaonkar
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yes.. as a language also Sanskrit is perfectly beautiful..Smile

Nandan Narula
Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

Apart from being beautiful, i would call it a perfect language. I ve studied Sanskrit as a subject till 12th Standard , but now i feel really sad for the young uns who are drifting away from this rich language and ultimately from the rich culture of BHARAT

in sanskrit student can get 100% marks,in boards. but not in hindi,.

Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

Very true Pramod ji. may be that was a reason why i opted for Sanskrit in class 6th only, but later on i realized that its a flawless language. The best part of it was the Shloks which i think are equally relevant today even after centuries. I still recall many of them, not all, at times and feel proud to have learned a li'l bit of this beautiful language

Suryanarayana Gaonkar
from Bangalore
13 years ago

yes.. there is no doubt...

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I studied Sanskrit for five years at school and I was good at it. I feel it has given me a better understanding of the world around me in general and of Indo-European languages in particular.

However I wonder if there are opportunities and avenues available now for people to learn Sanskrit properly as there are to learn French, German etc.

Suryanarayana Gaonkar
from Bangalore
13 years ago

yeah Rohini, Rashtriya Sanskrit Samsthan is conducting classes all over the India. You can join somewhere near by..

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Is the institute recognised /accredited? Over two years ago, my Spanish teacher wanted to learn Sanskrit but found no institute except the varsity good enough.

Suryanarayana Gaonkar
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yeah.. It's recognised..

In germany teacher teaching sanskrit said, by knowledge of sanskrit,it's easy to learn any language in the world

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

Well, ofcourse a lot of German itself has its roots in Sanskrit; almost as much as it has in Latin or any other European language.

I think if we rediscover our ancient Indian wisdom properly, once again we can top the world..Smile

Iti Kesarwani
Iti Kesarwani
from Lucknow
13 years ago

i have studied sanskrit during my school days its a very beautiful language but these days people are hardly interested in studying it they are more inclined towards western side learning..as it is rightly said that the grass on the other side always look more green.

Suryanarayana Gaonkar
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yeah.. But one or the other day thy are going to come back to Sanskrit only..Smile

Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

Actually many people already are interested! Unfortunately, there aren't many places to learn; other than school!

That's true.. But now a days there are some universities which are offering sanskrit courses..

pulkit
pulkit
from noida
13 years ago

every tihng dat is beautiful need not be appreciated and recognized. beauty in itself is a virtue to be cherished,not dependant on recognition.

LockSign in to reply to this thread