Why Musical Blogs??

varsha
varsha
from New Delhi
13 years ago

i am quite zapped by blogs which start playing songs or music when I surf them.They distract me from reading the content.

Why should a blogger want to scatter the blog readers attention?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Well maybe it helps in creating an ambience(assuming the writer is seriously Gothic or something :P)you know dark music with gothic theme sort of stuff.

Which makes me think-the soundtrack of my blog should be humka peene hai peene hai!

cool, cool, from shimla, the queen of hills. Smile

abhishek khanna
abhishek khanna
from Delhi
13 years ago

its highly irritating when some (or a lot of ) blogs have some background music!

It distracts and turns off specially if you are playing some music on your own, and suddenly the two songs remix!

If any of the guys with background music are reading this, wil they please remove it from their blogs?

http://www.thefurobiker.com/

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

I agree! At the very least - the music should not play automatically. Pause it by defaut, and give users the option of playing it.

@ Renie, It takes a lot of efforts to find nice combination of music, and auto play configuration too,took a lot of searches to set up.

It may be annoying at times , but the blogger whose earnest effort is to treat his site visitors with some decent rocking choice, one can surely be lenient enough.

after all we are not in a monotonous world.

Pooja Doshi
Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Oh ya it is really wierd.. Most of the time I have to hunt for this music widget to make it stop or change my computer's sound settings to mute, which is a wee bit annoying.

I agree to a part of what Pramod is saying. But then again, I think it is a lot of wasted effort, as at least till now I haven't come across any blog where the blogger has showcased his own musical creation. It is after all derived content.

Either the default setting should be an option to play, or just no music. Or provide a link to youtube or an equivalent site to promote your song for the day.

@Pooja, very neatly said. I very much like your idea. great.Smile 

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Some bloggers have gone to the extent of adding a widget to play FM radio on their blogs! Blogs aren't for that purpose my friends!

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

+1

@mohan ji, very very right, but do you approve of a bloogger wishing to treat his site visitor with an exquisite old forgotten music treat. 

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Well, if listening to music is my interest, i wouldn't have come to a blog or on to internet for that matter! 

Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

I don't like the background musics in websites. It affects the smooth browsing experiance and takes considerable bandwidth.

Thanks a lot friends Fr feedback , I am deleting the widget of music, And will make a separate link for music lovers

LockSign in to reply to this thread