What do you think about the so called

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

I have observed that over the last couple of weeks. there has been a dearth of topics on Indi-Forum.

Despite the fact that Stupid box is providing so much fodder for discussion, aka Bigg Boss, Sarah Wedding, Rakhi ka "insaaf" (a euphemism for Bhasad) and so on!

So I thought to start this thread on which we can discuss all these dhabbas and have a good time.

Pick any such program, but not the saas bahu or any such soaps and go wild. Even better, if you have done any post on it then do share it here...

I am sharing a link here

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending

@ aashish bhai, I think seeing raakhi ka insaaf you are getting a little worried on point of getting married. buck up, man, kuch chinta nahin, okhali me sir diya to musal se kya darna. 

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Pramod ji... nhn yaar I am not worried at all.. but I am disappointed at the sudden lack of interesting topics to discuss on the forum... and even the ACTIve thread has gone silent... so looking for some fodder for thought!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@ashish.... it was silent but will recover soon.... and than we will do insaaf over there

Srikant Rajan
Srikant Rajan
from Banglore
13 years ago

Hi all,

There is a very curious reason as to why we love reality shows, depite the fact that we know that they are as real as Pamela Andersons boobs (or closer home Koena Mitra's !!)

I had hunted around google and gathered some interesting insights...did a peice sometime back , have a dekho is not pressed for time !!

This is the Link !!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

this was a tad too much.. avoid this language here on forum where we have a lot of ladies too...

as real as Pamela Andersons boobs (or closer home Koena Mitra's

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

+1 Hemal

BTW Hemal where are you these days dude?

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

he is busy in dating i think.....

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Reality shows are made by attention-seeking dorks for entertainment-craving dorks and are more scripted than Sanjay Leela Bhansali movies!Need I say more Aashish?

By the way, I love using the fake-Pamela Anderson-tits reference in my blogs too :D 

Hemal, dude there's hardly anything offensive about what that guy said!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@nishant.... its nothing offensive in that..... but we try t avoid these kinda language.... we can use that lingo over blogs but not over forum.....

Srikant Rajan
Srikant Rajan
from Banglore
13 years ago

There was once a dictionary released …………..the most exhaustive compilation of all words in English...and within a week of its release some people took up in arms against it.

The reason…………they had found 5-6 words which were purportedly offensive or sexist in nature.

Out of millions of words they had found only the one which were offensive!!

@ Hemal Shah , hope the meaning is clear ...

@shrikant, anything when written on public platform, one can surely try to use decent words.

a dictionary is a closed book, but this is all open for everyone to read. 

Srikant Rajan
Srikant Rajan
from Banglore
13 years ago

Point Taken Pramod  !! I just do not like any kind of moral policing...

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Sri: No moral policing but it is good to maintain a civil language when we dont know who all are reading. There are several teenagers here and elderly women and gentlement also. So...

Dhanesh Gandhi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I concur with others here. @Srikant:You might be hemingway/bernard shaw in your own right, but this is a public platform where you are obliged not to use language that is considered profane. (please refer to the rules and regulations).

Nishant Thakur, if you think lack of obscenity and hypocrisy are related.I am dissappointed man, you sound better in your posts.

A couple of references to fellatio(excuse me to make this point) doesn't classify one's literature or thought process as forward!

Srikant Rajan
Srikant Rajan
from Banglore
13 years ago

Point Taken Pramod  !! I just do not like any kind of moral policing...

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Exactly my point.Lets not be so stuck up when dealing with little obscenity.The guy didn't even use f-words! Moral policing is one of the reason our society is so full of hypocrisy anyway.

@Aashish

Even if he had it won't have been too big a deal.Obviously all the girls and ladies are familiar with cuss words, they've heard them in buses, malls, their boyfriends, husbands,streets(some love to cuss themselves) and obviously there're hardly any gentlemen around that don't cuss at all.Its a part of life everyone comes across on a daily basis whether they like it or not, just like our poverty and Ekta Kapoor TV serials.So let us not waste time and bandwidth on something as unimportant as toilet humor.

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Nishant: Just because they, or anyone else, is used to it doesnt mean that we can go liberal with it and use "toilet humor" in public forum.. right?

BTW, I just saw that u are from Shimla... Must be nice out threre these days?

Have been to Shimla a lot... have lots of relatives etc living in all parts of Shimla :D

Digvijaya Singh
Digvijaya Singh
from Lucknow
13 years ago
When participants surrender their rights to privacy, they may not consider reality TV's long-term effects, subjecting themselves to potentially humiliating events that harm their reputation. Some participants emerge unscathed and parlay "bad" reputations into other ventures, but others may experience less fortune. Well I think it should be banished from the public views.
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Case in point: Sarah and Ali's nikah.. or perhaps second nikah or even perhaps no nikah but all show in Bigg Boss house!

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
13 years ago

How can a non professional like Rakhi do counselling, its not a joke for name & fame. Counselling requires lot of patence and one should be non judgemental while she is doing all the reverse. She does not know how to handle people seeking counselling they should be heard not shouted at. It is high time people shun such programmes.

@ S.R. ,very right, it's really disgusting.

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

and look at what that has landed her into... a guy committed suicide... Though I feel how can anyone give any weightage to what SHE says?

@ aashish bhai, i didn't know of suicide, I can only say, four - five days ago,channel surfing, for two mins stopped to hear, insaaf proceedings, I could have smashed my 42'lcd. 

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Pramodji: Yah it was in news all over.. some guy committed suicide after she said some things to her

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

@Aashish

Yes, but any extra moral policing always ends up getting on my nerves.Anyway yes, Shimla is getting freezing cold during nights already :D And you haven't commented on my Facebook waali post yet! :X

LockSign in to reply to this thread