Indiblogger for mobile?

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Earlier today I tried Indiblogger from my mobile. I had problems replying to forum posts or creating one. Did any one else encountered this ?

Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Ha ha.... Vee, mobile friendly version of IndiBlogger coming up in the next 24 hours. Your timing could not have been better! Smile

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Awesome Renie!!! You guys are the BEST!

i also tried many times from i phone, but no success. when mobile version comes up, it will be great.

Gourav Jain
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Thanks for that. I came back to forum to ask for a mobile version of Indiblogger, but Vee demanded it already.

So kudos to Vee for getting it done. Now Indiblogger will be going mobile. So Yipee :)

Pooja Doshi
Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

That's definitely awesome news Laughing!!!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Renie, I had been been asking this for two years now.. and on Vee's wish, you just granted in 24 hours???? Undecided

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

bahaha! now i feel special after u said u've been asking for two years.  Wink

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Ha ha.... actually we've been working on this for more than a week. Vee's timing was lucky! Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Still! Tongue out

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

perfect timing Laughing

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

as an aside, of course that would do a hell a lot goooooooooooooooood and am all smiles.. InnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocent InnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentInnocent 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Damn, why no one replies to guys Embarassed

Seems femme fever is set upon again Wink

Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

see I replied Laughing

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

i've not been following this thread! weekend buddy, having loads of fun. Tongue out

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Renie Is it out yet?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

We're testing it now. Couple of hours to go. Smile

Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
13 years ago

will it be a separate site or this theme is making mobile friendly? vee faced similar problem in most mobile browsers had tweeted about it that day

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

It's a redirect to a seperate site...

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Guys, when you visit IndiBlogger from a mobile phone, what do you see? Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I can see it opening:):):) Thanks for this Renie and the whole Indiblogger team:)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Replied from my mobile, forgot to add:)
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
13 years ago
On the indiblogger forum from mobile wuuuhuuu
Superb.
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

awesome!!! :D

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Cool this is kewl

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
my first reply via the mobile indiblogger
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
the mobile login session doesnt hold longer. I had to signin aft 30 mins. This shud be kept atleast for a day when i check remember me online.
This is working great, my second reply from mobile,
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

What handset/browser do you use? The mobile site cookie lasts as long as the main site, no difference at all...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@Renie i am using E63 and Opera Mini 5.1 i am not having this problem now thoh in the morning i had. Aft i logged in again, i am not facing that now :)
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Cool, let me know if you face it again. I use Opera Mini on an E75 and I've been logged in for days. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Sure Renie. Thanks for this man.. I have a few suggestions, will let you know soon

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

i use safari and opera on iphone. i will give u my feedback asap

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
this reply is from safari on iphone4. The mobile version looks brilliant
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
now this is from opera on iphone. Works perfect here too!
Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai
13 years ago

Is there an Indiblogger iPhone/iPad app coming soon? Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Why do you need an APP!! App is complex thingy. Why not use the brilliant safari on iPhones and iPads instead?

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

i was hoping to ask this thing too, but with the very less number of potential users who would use the app it doesn't really make sense to put in all the effort for making an app.

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Wow! Indiblogger mobile! that's super Smile

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

and the interface is very friendly too! 

When we post a reply, from mobile , the page lands up on 1st page, It's very tedious to go to last page again. First and last page option should be on mobile version too.
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Pramod, thanks for pointing that out - will look into it!

@ renie, it's great to see you are so active., Smile thumbs up.

Suraj Singh
Suraj Singh
from Rourkela
13 years ago

you guys could try to scroll all the way down from your mobile web and click on Full site, it will works as a normal website. 

Even though it won't be better than the mobile  version, but still it works.

-Suraj Singh

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

On most of the mobile browsers, the tinyMCE editor that IndiBlogger use is not working as intended which means, you cant participate on the forum and hence the call for a mobile website. 

Have you contributing to the forum threads via your mobile browser on the full site? If yes, then can you share your handset and the browser that you are using?

@suraj , full version works but one is unable to post reply to posts on that. on mobile version it's possible.

@hemal, with I phone latest version, with multi tasking , i was able to post replies in full version. later it started to hang., I downgraded my phone to previous version. now ,it doesn't support replies, but hanging problem is solved.

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Renie, 

Do we have any changes working under covers for Indiblogger Mobile ?    

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Not right now Vee, we have a few more pressing upgrades to make on IndiVine, IndiRank and indiBlogger of the Month in a new avatar. However, if the mobile version is unusable, that would take priority. Hopefully, the new version of IndiBlogger is more usable on a mobile!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Renie I havent checked this new version on Mobile yet though, but for sure i think you guys should update it once done with IndiVine IndiRank and IB of the Month.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

When I post in the reply box, the page refreshes and it shows an empty reply box... Though the reply is posted, we get no confirmation?

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
That's well pointed Arti. Even I experience that, but that is how it is designed with a button to go back to the forum thread.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Its fine like that too but gets a bit lengthy as the general tendency is that one will go back to the main thread. So directing the user to the main thread page directly or the page where the reply has been posted would be a good idea..
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Yeah, redirecting the page to earlier one from which we clicked on "Reply" button would clear the confusion. What do you say bobut this Arti? 

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
Renie, My IndiVine posts is one feature I can think of that might be beneficial. Although its not pressingly important. And, dashboard on mobile site is not that informative. I really like the dashboard features on indiBlogger v3.0
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
And as I typed the reply above, my newline info is not saved. Everything got clubbed into one single para although I pressed Enter key after everyline.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Yes, even I dont like the Enter key not doing its job. And everything coming out as 1 big para.
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Actually I was wrong in saying I could not access "My IndiVine posts" on the mobile version of indiBlogger. I could access them through my Dashboard.

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

One more thing I observed yesterday, I could not rate my favorite posts on IndiVine. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread