Just another social networking site?

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I am sad to say that Indiblogger has lost its shine. The reason I said this is because it has become one more social networking site. The only difference being that it is only for Indian bloggers. All I see in the forums are social issues topics or requests for reviews. Many of the topics are things that have already been posted on the respective blogs or fit to be published. Renie, I am writing this just to express my views on Indiblogger. I thought I had a say as I was here since the beginning days of IB. This is also a notice to all Indibloggers to refine the content posted here, thus restoring IB to its former glory. Have a nice day.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Pavan - This Forum is one of the close-to-heart features of Indiglogger.in. We would never let it to fade. As a matter of fact, for having bloggers like you actively participating in the forum, fading will never happen. But, I totally agree that we need to maintain the quality of this place through out its journey.

Lets start contributing some kickass topics for us people to discuss. I have personally missed participating in this forum lately due to some internal work, but I'm back now. If you feel that this forum is losing its Mojo, lets give it a hike. Cool

Zoobie - Thanks for your thoughts. This certainly has turned out to be a great place for bloggers. Thanks to you all! clap...clap...clap...

As you said, review my blog has helped a lot of bloggers and beginners to gain a lot of knowledge. Heck.. without this forum, I would have taken a long time to get access to some kickass blogs.

Lets keep up the charm!

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

It was the same for me too. I had to disappear for some time due  to a busy schedule. But now that I am back, I want to do something about this. But kick-ass topics aren't that easy to come by, are they? Laughing

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey Pavan, I greatly appreciate the fact that you care so much for this forum. I have to agree with you in part, we've had many a topic irrelevant to bloggers being posted on this forum. Previously, we've been able to moderate them quickly enough, and remove them. Unfortunately the forum has grown too large and we're not reacting fast enough.

I'm working on the feature where forum members can flag a topic as "Abuse/Spam/Irrelevant". I greatly hope this would help clean it up a bit.

As for the reviews of blogs, I think it's great that so may bloggers are taking the time to review other's blogs. That's the kind of selfless attitude which has driven this forum right from the beginning! Smile

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I always cared for this forum Renie. I sincerely apologize for my absence from the blogosphere for a long time. But I kinda feel nostalgic when I think about the early days of IB. :) You know... the good feeling that you get when you have "been there" and not anymore.

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Oh! I forgot to mention. The review tool is good. I never blamed it. But it gets a little monotonous when all that you see are pending reviews. No offence, but could the reviews be more like a "feature" than a forum topic? I think that would help reduce a huge amount of "real-estate" in the forum. What say?

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

With Big things comes more complications. Renie and his team has done a great job till now and its only more of em is expected. 

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I will never deny that Renie & team have done a good job. And about the complications with big things, it is because sometimes we get carried away expanding the horizons and forget to improve our current ones.

Sumit
Sumit
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I think the forum serves as a social networking opportunity for some, and a serious learning zone for others. So, if I'm learning a lot, meeting new and interesting people, and reading awesome blogs, why should I think about the social networkers? :)

Sumit

http://huesofinsanity.blogspot.com/

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Well, thats one way of looking at it. I learnt a lot too. But sometimes, the posts get too irrelavant.

Sumit
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Pavan, I agree. Also, with the launch of the Indirank and the Indiblogger of the month concepts, I can see some people trying to post more and more just for the heck of it. But then, I'm sure Renie and team will be able to iron out such minor glitches.

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

We can only wait and see... :)

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

I can see some people trying to post more and more just for the heck of it.

I noticed this too - I'm guessing they think that their IndiRank is affected by the number of posts on this forum. It's not! Smile

Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Oooooo.... That was cold... :D Do you by any chance, like dark humor Renie? :P :D

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Pavan Lol! I didn't realize I was being that transparent... Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Have you guys noticed the "Report this Topic" link? It's at the bottom of every main topic (above the replies).

LockSign in to reply to this thread