What is Keyword Stuffing ? Know about Its Impacts & Penalizations

Rajan Balana
Rajan Balana
from Jalandhar
13 years ago

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a vast subject, and there many things which are to be known before implementing it. Even I am not good at SEO, but I read lots of articles on SEO and its implementation. Whenever I read articles related to Search optimization of your site/blog, it always curve towards the concept of keywords. Yes! Keywords are important, but "Excess of everything is bad".

think about it What is Keyword Stuffing? : Impacts & Penalization

I mean, if you are including high quantity of keywords in your post title or description for ranking it at the top, than beware!! You are on the wrong path, which will lead to exclusion of your website from search engines.

The process of including excess of keywords is known as "Keyword Stuffing".

What is Keyword Stuffing?

Keyword stuffing refers to placing excessive amount of keywords into the page attributes (description, tags, title, etc) in such a way that it detracts from the readability and usability of a given page for the purpose of boosting the page's ranking in the search engines.

In simple words, it is another shady way of gaming/cheating the search engines and is strongly discouraged!!!

Example of keyword stuffing

keyword sutffing What is Keyword Stuffing? : Impacts & Penalization<Image credit>

The result shown at the top may not have good amount of information but due to bunch of keywords it has been placed at the top. These tactics worked really in 2004, but will not work now and don't even try it!

Impacts & Penalization

If you are practicing keyword stuffing, I am sorry, but you can be fired from the search engine results. Keyword stuffing is recognized as crime, it's better to get out of it as soon as possible.

How to get out of it?

It's very easy to come out of it, just start selecting important keywords which you really think are relevant to your article's content. Always try to use limited number of tags.

If you are using any tag cloud plugin, do remove it now or make all the tags nofollow.

One most important thing left be honest! And become an intelligent webmaster.  Don't cheat any human or machine (search engine).

How you implement the use of keywords? Do share your ideas with us.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: image problem
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Aslam B
Aslam B
from Chennai
13 years ago

Good Stuff Rajan....  Thanks for sharing it... :-) 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Nice tips Rajan, should have excluded a link back to your blog coz we are here for discussions and not promotions over the forum. IndiVine should be used to promote your posts.

LockSign in to reply to this thread