Switch Off for Earth!

Priyanka
Priyanka
from Bangalore
15 years ago

On March 28 from 08:30 pm to 09:30pm you can VOTE EARTH by switching off your lights for one hour.
Or you can vote global warming by leaving your lights on.

The results of the election are being presented at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009. We want one billion votes for Earth, to tell world leaders that we have to take action against global warming.

More information on this available at http://www.earthhour.org

Edited 15 years ago
Reason: missed out some stuff
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hmm... this looks like a proper, organized effort! Glad to participate.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hey I heard about this campaign on  Radio Indigo in Bangalore ..

But doesnt the EB do that to us like twice a day? LOL

excellent initiative .. must send some one to space when that happen to take pictures of the earth as it was, without lights

Kadambari Iyer
from Chennai
15 years ago

Lol! Municipality people have dug out the street outside my home, which means, total earth care!

Anyway, high time we took a personal initiative towards our own betterment. This happened last year too. It was something like, on 08/08/08 turn off all the lights at 8'o clock for 8 minutes.Smile

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

I don't think we need to send someone into space... that's what satellites are for! Laughing

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Yes. Its a good initiative, but this one is symbolic. if you are really into it you should be on guard at all times.

Here are few useful tools :-

Google's Online power calculator with a halloween theme. It also shows useful tips & tricks.

Power Calculator software by Microsoft.

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

I'd be glad to be a part of it. I just hope EB doesn't torture us by switching it off for few more hours.

Samuel
Samuel
from Hyderabad / Pilani
15 years ago

Just took part in this intiative.. Good fun .. But did you know that skeptics celebrated Human Achievement hour during the Earth Hour, encouraging others to switch on their lights.. Some of my hostel mates did exactly that..

narendra
narendra
from karkala
15 years ago

if i am allowed to post a link in this regard...i love my earth and the message must be clear..do read this(the green prophecy)and do comment...your comment underlines the meaning and cause intends...

narendra
from karkala
15 years ago

heavens i gave a wrong link!!!i am new here..hence i dont know how to correct this one..so dont click that link..here is the actaul link

Priyanka
Priyanka
from Bangalore
15 years ago

so anybody did this... I was out for a trekking in a jungle.. no electricity there.. so I voted for earth...

How many of you actually did this??

Here in Jodhpur, nature brought on the rain and made it a romantic candle-lit night. All involuntary of course.

LockSign in to reply to this thread