Tata Nano - Will it change the way we travel?

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Well, I personally am not fasinated by small cars. Reva still gets on to my nerves. But I guess Tata has done a good job in keeping their word. For a lakh, you get a 4 door, 2 cylinder, 623 cc and MPFI petrol engine. Thats not bad. But I doubt how spacious the car could be inside. I think most people would want to buy it only as a second car when they already have a bigger one.

What you you guys think?

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Who will buy Nano? It is a question everybody is asking these days.

Well definitely people will buy it as a second cars and housewives will use it for neighbourhood shopping. Teenagers might want to replace their two-wheelers with Nano especially in tier-II and Tier - III cities.

A whacky idea thrown by TV anchor was that it might start replacing auto rickshaws, the way Indica replaced Fiat and Ambassodros as taxis. 

According to initial reports, car is spacious enough to accomodate 5 medium built poeple - so space is not a problem.

One thing is sure that it will change the way we communte in our cities.

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hmm... I can't help but wonder. With so many pros, what are the cons? Nobody would be foolish enough to give everything and gain nothing in return.(love is excluded :D ) Not even Ratan Tata. All I see is a phenomenon like a politician before elections. Everyone seems to be the best until the D-day. Is it the same here? :)

Pavan
Pavan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

And one thing I wouldn't want is TRAFFIC. And that would probably increase tenfold if these matchboxes made it onto the roads.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Fast forward to three years in the future. The answer is "no".

LockSign in to reply to this thread