Where to get copyright free and royaltee free images for blog?

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hello Friends! Can you please guide me where I can find the copyright free and royaltee free images? whenever I find, I find that they may have copyright, then what to do? You are all experienced bloggers plzzz help me! And thanks a lot!Smile

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Vivek Chamolli
Vivek Chamolli
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Hi Mohini

You can get the Copyright free from below sources.

http://myfreecopyright.com

http://www.copyscape.com

http://creativecommons.org/

For Images I don't hv much info there are lots of I prefer google for that and always put a source of piture below it or at the bottom of your post .

that all.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thank you so much Vivekji! I was really in that dilemma to use them or not from google.

Ravi Kiran N
Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
13 years ago

Hi Mohini,

Here is what I would do - there are professional and shared sources for copy-right free images you can choose from. The biggest thing to look for would be the CC or Creative Commons symbols on wherever the photographs are hosted. CC means they are shared for you to use. However there are specific levels of requirements - some require attribution, others dont, others can be derived from (i.e. you can edit them) or not, and some further restrictions on commercial vs. non-commercial use.

Flickr has a way to tag the license on your photos, and you can search for that via the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

There are professional sources too. Getty images is the monster of the list, but typically Getty sites need you to take a paid subscription before you can use the photos. I'd use the site below, which is an attribution based free image.

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

Or you could pick something from my blog. All images on my blog are CC attribution licensed :).

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks a lot Ravi! This is really a good help. Now I got clearly what to do. And thanks a ton for making available images from your blog also. Really you have wonderful photos. I wana steal them...kiddingTongue out!

Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
13 years ago

By all means. As long as you provide attribution, I dont really care what you do with the photos, or for that matter text on my blog. Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

OK boss! 

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

thanks Mohini for asking this question because even I wanted to know from where we can get copyright free pictures that I can use in my blog ,till now I just managed with the photos clicked by me.

thanks Vivek and Ravi Kiran for the valuable information.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Pratibha! Sometimes simple things become difficult if we don know them. That was the case of mine. I had this problem for ppt presentations also. Indibolgger is a gr8 help. really! Thanks for joining here! BTW  you have wonderful photos of your own.

Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
13 years ago

Dr. Pratibha - welcome.

It all boils down to the licensing. Copyright is a blanket term to represent the rights of a creator on the objects they have created. Generally anything you create you automatically own copyrights to it. Now you can decide to let other people do something with it - that is license it. So you may not get copyright-free images, but you can get licenses that allow you to reuse them.

Creative commons (CC) is an example of one such license. Royalty-free (RF) is not a license per se, but a term that describes how you can get the licenses - without paying any royalty. But with these and all other licenses there are always other terms you want to pay attention to, including attribution.

I know sometimes it seems overwhelming, but as with everything else, the base concepts are relatively straight forward. Smile

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

@Ravi.......we invited you as a lower and consultant! Laughing. REally thanks for such a great knowledge.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

oops *lawyer

Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
13 years ago

Ha ha - welcome.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Well I use my own pics 99.9% of the time... The few pics that I have used are taken from google images and I give the necessary credit to the site from which I am using the particular pic!!

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks a lot Aarti! You have gr8 photos of your own.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Mohini for liking my pics:-)
Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

thanks Ravi for sharing valuable information and thanks Mohini for appreciating my pictures.

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

This thread should be a sticky.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Thanks Rumbaho, we can contact to indipolice.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 Good suggestion, very helpful info here!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Rumbaho thoh it is very informative, important things should remain Sticky! 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Why, It is certainly important from a blogger's point of view! Though, i understand why this cant be made sticky as it can lead to things getting messy at the top.

A solution to his cud be having a few sticky threads for all the different categories listed here, that way we can have a view of the best of all the diff worlds right at the top itself! I dont know if this is feasible though..

Pradeep
Pradeep
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Thanks Ravi and Mohini for staring such an important thread and sharing valuable information through indibloggers. 

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

google images

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

www.sxc.hu

Free source, some require you to add copy rights, but brilliant range of images, high quality, high resolution, for FREE!!

Great link hemal,

LockSign in to reply to this thread