Organized (Business) Crime in India

UttishthaBharat
UttishthaBharat
from Gandhinagar
13 years ago

I am sure most of you would know the title very well but probably what you read now will not really be the literal sense of what your head is at. Keeping one devoid of his rightful earning is also a crime & if you do it in a structured & coherent way with knowledge of all known across industry, how can you not call it as a part of organized crime. Just that there are ways of doing it & the industries that we are talking of are quite closely knit hence less of "halla-gulla".

Lets take one by one:

1- I am a big Ravish Kumar's (NDTV) fan & never forget to see any of his 20 odd minutes documentaries on the un-sung India. What prompts me to see his domentaties are his simple audacity & ease with which he communicates the message. The one that I saw around 3-4 weeks back was on the organized exploitation (and I call it nothing less than organized crime by businessmen) of women within the Capital city of New Delhi. The industry is Retail. The work may look pretty petty but is of daily use either to men or women across India. Fixing up the Key chains, Indian women's "Shringar related items like Mala & Bindi", Broken glass related work & many other jobs. Of the overall population of Delhi, around 30 lac people live in the narrow lanes & Chawl like villages bordering Delhi. Typically women from these areas are the easy target for the Delhi businessmen. These businessmen make the women to work on a daily wage of 10 to 20 quids for almost 144 pieces that they make. Never knew that Mahatma Gandhi would become so dearer to the people in the modern India that people would be exploited so grossly. After working for atleast 10 hrs a day, these women earn around 1 or 2 rupees / hr. I am sure all those internet age people would give that much to their pets to eat or put it in the money jar of their kids. Can you really imagine the plight, I can't. I am sure many of us who would be reading this would also be very much a part of this chain itself but,

"Kisi ne sahi kaha hai, philosophy jhadne main kisi ke baap ka kya jata hai. Paise kamane se matlab hai, chahe aise ya waise". Yeh wahi Dilli hai Jahan ek majboor aurat ne posh Connaught Place ke footpath par bachhe ko janam diya tha aur sare "Dil wallon" ki aankhon ke sammne is duniya ko alvida kah diya. Dil ka istemal nahin kar sakte to kam se kam dimaag ka istemal kiya hota, ek ambulance he mangwa di hoti.

http://www.uttishthabharat.com/apps/blog/

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Sad but true....women folk are exploited in certain professions Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread