latest way of scam

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending

Welcome to Windows Live Hot-mail

This efficient e-mail service was made for people like you.

Personalize your in box

Windows Live™ Hot-mail® is all about you, Due to the anonymous 

This is email from Windows Live Hot-mail and we are sending it to you account user for your safety. Due to the anonymous registration of our account which is causing congestion to our service so we are shutting down some account and your account was among those to be deleted,so the purpose of this email is for you to verify that you are the owner of this account and you are still using it by filling the information below after clicking on the reply button:

* Username:......................................

* Password:.......................................

* Date of Birth:..................................

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks a for the info........Pramodji! Such a simple ieda...

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

This is one of the old secrets.. better to be aware of such things than feeling sorry later on.

@mohan ji, very right, reading the content I was puzzled, then I started to look for detais in it, and found to be by   mylittleangelgirl2401@hotmail.com 

GeEtS
GeEtS
from delhi
13 years ago

hmmm

disturbing, geeta ji, 

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Pramod! 

@Addy, don't mention it bro, 

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
This happens even with Gmail accounts. A colleague of mine got an email yesterday..
momentumsignal
from India
13 years ago

There is another trick called 'mail masking' which would enable the scamster to show a seemingly perfect mail id  and even an authentic looking website !

Take Care Wink

thanks for sharing vee, 

@momentumsignal,  its a great puddle, everyone must tread carefully.

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Ways people have to hack your accounts! huh!

sanjay, thats what I think. 

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Something must be done to minimize these!

@sanjay, there are endless ways, its a nuisance.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The key is to never visit a mail which is unfamiliar, even familiar ones never venture to open attachment unless you are damm sure.Cool  http://indiabackpacker.blogspot.com/

very rightly said umesh ji.

two days ago I received a call, caller saying that she is calling from bsnl. and if i was using bsnl broadband. I said yes.

then she says i have received free download of games unlimited etc. I told her to call after 8 pm.

then again she called up at 8 pm. i started  acting on her guidelines. when i was about to accept the offer I saw permonth charges 200r.s.

It was not from b.s.n.l.

just using their logo. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread