Cleartrip Contest

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I had a small query regarding the rules of the Cleartrip contest...

I wanted to know is there any word limit on the post??

My post is a bit long at about 700 words, is it okay?

Indibloggers please helpSmile

1-20
21-28
Replies 1 to 20 of 28 Descending
Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Wow Arti you already wrote one , congrats for the effort(PS: I am still thinking about my write :P) .. I dont think any limit is there..

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Poorvi, I have a travel blog... So that helpsFoot in mouth

Arti ji 's favorite topic, 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Yes, bang on.. PramodJi:-)
Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I have never written a post that is so long ever! wait 700 words eh? not even if i club 3-4 posts of mine! Best wishes @Aarti

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
However short you try to keep, travelogues do tend to get a bit long most of the times actually, Sanjay.

Sanjay ji, where were you these days. long time no see.

@arti, best wishes. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Pramodji, you are not participating?? And thanks :)

i m thinking on it. started the writeup but seeing the response of kapar chilla, i am unable to boost up the sentiments to come up wid a good post. 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
You will be able to come up with a good one...

thanks Arti ji for nice wishes. 90% done

thanks Arti ji for nice wishes. 90% done

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I am so glad to hear you are participating! After all, The more the merrier:-)
Suraj Singh
Suraj Singh
from Rourkela
13 years ago

I think 700 words is fine :) I'm starting mine soon. Probably will be around that range :) Good job Arti :D

hey suraj, Smilekaisa chal raha hai.  

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Well, I also thought so that there isn't any limitSmile

Thanks Suraj and best wishes to you too!

Prateek Vaid
Prateek Vaid
from Mumbai
13 years ago

i think 700 words is great i wrote 1400! i think it is way too much. But to lazy to edit it now!

when does the voting start?

wow,

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
1400 words! But the length actually depends on your experience of the trip, and can be lengthy sometimes I agree. Good luck with editing, it definitely will take some time! Best wishes for the contest and voting starts 7 feb thats Today!!
Prateek Vaid
from Mumbai
13 years ago

i don't think it has started yet though!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Voting phase has been delayed by a day folks - it will start tomorrow at 10 PM!

Prateek Vaid
from Mumbai
13 years ago

oh no wonder!

No probs, I just posted mine in a hurry.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Well, I just tried out the first step and tried uploading my trip photo 4-5 times and everytime got this error --

We're sorry, but something went wrong.We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Am not able to go through the first step itself?? Anybody else faced this problem or anyone who was able to complete the 1st step

Any pointers, PramodJi??Frown

I posted mine last night and got the same error message the first time I tried to sign in through Facebook. But it worked fine the next time around... maybe you can try a different browser?

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Well, I just tried out the first step and tried uploading my trip photo 4-5 times and everytime got this error --

We're sorry, but something went wrong.We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Am not able to go through the first step itself?? Anybody else faced this problem or anyone who was able to complete the 1st step

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I had suffered this set back. getting the same error message. In the end I looked at posts of the day and saw it had been posted successfully.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
So you did not receive any link in your mail as said by clear trip??

not yet, searched it on their site.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Initially I also did the same. But then I tried it with IExp and it worked! I received a mail and a zoomin voucher and a link to my submission( i checked your link, its different from what you will receive in mail. You will receive a bigger link. If you wish you can check my site, you should receive something similar).
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ PramodJi, where are you?? The above reply was for you!!
@arti Ji, I ll check it, thanks for the info. I had tried with I exp too, but . No luck.
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Deboshree.Smile

Completed all the steps with a minor glitch though, went through them in this order - forgot to give the clear trip link to my post and submitted in Indivine first. Had to edit the post again to include it!

Hopefully it doesnt affect anythingSmile

I am sure it won't affect anything. Going to check out your post now. :)

I am waiting for the voting to start.

For some reason I am unable to comment on the post... so thought of adding one here. Brilliant is the word; you make me want to go experience the Mela right now. All the best! :D

Arti ji, read your wondrus post. excellent. 

best wishes.

I wrote mine on your inspiration only. I was undecided.

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

Wow! @Sudha ji, I'm competing with you...~1400 words long post; though I actually tried to keep it short :D

@Arti--you're an inspiration....read your Kumbh post...too good! :) Waiting the lines to be opened to vote for you :)

iniyamalar
iniyamalar
from Chennai
13 years ago

Oh God, do they have maximum limit on word count(I am going to exceed it anyways).

Well my post is a way too..long almost near 2000 words.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Well, it seems you beat everyone here in the word count ;)But its really fine with them i think!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

There's no word limit - this isn't twitter and noone tells a blogger to write less! Smile

Voting has started!

@ Renie, thanks.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Renie for the update and All the best to all participant indibloggersSmile

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

All the best to you too!

Same to you Arti ji.

Prateek Vaid
Prateek Vaid
from Mumbai
13 years ago

best of luck everyone! vote for me Tongue out

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I request all indibloggers to not spam this thread by including your participation links here. Thanks:-)
Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

Congratulations Arti! :)

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Congrats! Arti, you desreved it and you got it.I am very happy for you.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Congrats to all the winnersSmile

Well deserved!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:)
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Punit, Pratibha

Thanks a lot, it has been possible because of best wishes from friends like youSmile

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

As I said earlier too....you write fabulously! Truly deserved it Smile

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners!  Another awesome contest concludes, and many more to come! Loved reading all the blog posts chosen by Cleartrip! 

1-20
21-28
LockSign in to reply to this thread