Have you ever motivated others to start a blog?

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Some of us might have inspired or motivated a friend, a class mate or a colleague in our own little way and made him/her start a blog.  Have you been an inspiration to any one in blogging? Have you ever got someone to blog, who is good at writing and expressing, but shy enough to give blogging a try? Share your story about how you got them to blogging.  You may also share details of their blog here, and help them gain a little more visibility.

Also share your story, if you are the one who got inspired or motivated by someone. This is the place to give them the credit they deserve!

Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Descending

i did try on close friends but no success. only passionate ones get through to it.

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Pramodji -

may be you should try harder!!

actually time factor is also there, each of my friends are all super busy (nuts) i can call them.

I cannot manufacture time for them.

rads
rads
from Chicago
13 years ago

My blog did inspire many of my friends to write and one particularly shy one did start her blog very recently but I don't think she'd like me to post her blog here. I'm just glad that I could inspire her.

@rads, great,

rads, your latest caricature presentation is mindturning. Extremely accurate, roaring, professional one. You can surely play with words
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

rads - 

that's really awesome! to inspire someone, you should be proud :)

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Wow! That must a great feeling Rads Smile

Also, Cansurely say, the flickr stream is very inspiring Laughing

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I can proudly say that I have inspired Pranay and Mag to start blogging! Cool

But mostly I feel they thought "If this guy can, then anyone can!"  Tongue out

Addy , may be mag and pranay have a different story to tell. Your satire sets mind thinking
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

With your joyful attitude, you make blogging look cool.. No wonder people get inspired about starting blogs looking at you.

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Addy! As I say, You surely make this place more fun Smile

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

I am not sure if I have inspired any one to blog, but in the past I have pestered lots of people to do so. A couple of my friends started blogging too, but they gave up only after a short period. 

Some time ago my room mate started blogging too, but I guess he is on a hiatus after writing two grand informative posts on his blog page.

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

No issues Vee! You can claim the credit Tongue out

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
Haha, I sure can claim the credit but I would have been a lot happier had they continued to write!
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

I haven't motivated others yet. But after starting my First blog Gurukripa -Indian Culture 'N' Philosophy, i was not much serious and was posting Marathi and English Posts. When I got gr8 response , I motivated myself....I should make seperate Marathi (Vicharyadnya)and Englsih blogs. Done so still I had to write on Hindi also. Again dared to start a completely Hindi blog....Chaitanyapuja. Was not sure much what I will do or write there. But now it has become a passion for me and n'joying to write in diff. langs with their own glory. Can this be imotivation for others!

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
Success stories are always a great inspiration to people around us. When u share your experience on how you received commendable response to your blog, people only get more enthusiastic about blogging.. Keep the good work going Mohini.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Vee!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Self motivation.. Thats really Great! Vee is right, your attitude is indeed inspirational:-)
Vee, wonderful topic! I was not inspired but pushed into blogging! A colleague of mine knew that I write for our office magazine, so he told me that i could write a blog... and after a very long time, i thought, I could, and here I am! Thanks to Prashanth for that! I have also inspired two more people to blog, and one of them who was initially critical about the concept of blogging, now writes a blog... ok thanks to me! take care RESTLESS
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
Thanks to Prasanth for encouraging a wonderful writer to the blogging world. And, restless, you might have inspired a lot more people to blog through your words. A big thanks to you..
Chintan R Jain
Chintan R Jain
from Chennai
13 years ago

Yes i have motivated one of my friend to start a new blog...and today i am happy that he alone is managing  LyricsMonk ....

please do take a look at it....

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Lyrics monk happens to be a wonderful site. You must be very proud for motivating your friend, it's very neat!

Vijayakrishna
Vijayakrishna
from Chennai
13 years ago

Yes, I have. I've influenced a friend to start writing and also to start a blog. I also helped him with all blogging tips and techniques I knew. When he completed 1 year, he wrote in my blog thanking me for the inspiration :)

I'm currently in the process of getting three of my friends to get into writing/blogging. They have just started and they are enjoying it! 

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Wonderful

superb, 

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago
I have not tried knowingly but after reading my blog two of my friends started blogging.... They asked me how to creat there blogger account and I helped them selecting their blog theam and all.... feels great :)
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

wow thats a good deed..

well i saw your name and thought i better ask! where are you? long time no see on the forum?

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

hey Hemal,

I am here only in bangalore... I know its long time...Smile

somehow, this new year started many new things in life... fully occupied by them...

how do u do??

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Am good. News things han... good good very good.. the ACtive bloggers thread is still active by the way.. come over

great sweta ji,

hehehe, hemal trying to woo senoritas back to the actives thread. 

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Be it knowingly or unknowingly, you can claim the credit :D

yes, one of my friend is very good at writting...but she was not into blogging. I urged her to start blogging. today she is not only blogging but soon she will publish her first novel...

I am very happy that I contributed into making someone writter, letting her abilities flow...

great acheivement., 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Really!
Vee
from Minneapolis
12 years ago

We find some many people around us who write well and who have great ideas to share. Yet they are conscious overly and afraid of starting a blog. And, to encourage them and motivate them to start a blog is the best we can do as friends.

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
12 years ago

but very recently I started blogging and withing a months I motivated two persons to start blogging . I got success in that.

Vee
from Minneapolis
12 years ago

Wow, that's really great. I know it feels wonderful to learn that some one got inspired to blog from us. You must be very proud!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great.

I coaxed my sister into blogging, hoping that she would become an addict like me.

But then again, i was wrong. She liked the designing aspect of it only.

So 1 blog - No posts. sigh!

Mohonish, I really admire your clear vision, and approach on public forums. Really appreciable. I brace my heart, my sons don't get this fever. It would hamper their studies
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Atleast she tried!! Trying is more important then success...

@Pramod: Yes it would, as it does to me! Thanks anyway! Cool

@Arti: You call that a try? 5 minutes to select a theme and a background? SurprisedAnd no posts? Atleast a simple 2 line post saying, "Hello World. I'm Busy. Have a nice day!" can be considered as a try! Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All brothers are like that! So what if its only the design aspect, at least she listened to you and went ahead! I still support your sisterB-) Sorry Mohonish:-D
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am not sure that it works that way at all, blogging needs passion, i have told many of my friends, but only one who are already was into blogging got more interested.  Otherwise blogging is not an easy cup of tea, it requires first courage and than gift of the gab to express one's opinion against all odds, particularly when you take on the big guns.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are right Umesh... Blogging requires a lot of patience and also skill to be able to keep your readers interested at all times...
Rohit Nyss
Rohit Nyss
from Kolkata
12 years ago

After reading my blog, alot of my friends attempted blogging. Few poseted a couple of tiumes, few did it for a couple of months and then gave up. I have one lone survivor on the inspired list though...my wife.

She started a blog about our birds and keeps posting stories about our birdies. If there are any animal/bird lovers here, below is the blog URL:

http://finchityfinches.blogspot.com

Ofcourse the name came from me, but all posts and stories are by her.

Hope you'll like the bog.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Though i have never been able to inspire anyone (none in my knowledge at least!) Vee,

but your thread definitely inspires me to do so Wink

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago
my wife started to blog after seeing me ..blog.http://lifefortruth.blogspot.com/..she gave it up becoz she cudnt be bothered...but my father in law stuck on...infact he kind of thrived in it...http://mathurakalauny.blogspot.com/...lucky for him, i cant read hindi .. so i have no idea if hes giving me hell there...and he aint spilling. i think thats enuf damage to human society by one person...so i dont motivate anymore
Tys, your father in law is a great writer. Just saw his blog. Talent is excellent and great in plot making. Writeup of your wife too is amazing.
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

cant believe u actually went and read it....

hes kinda famous...like i said sometime back, i think he let me marry is daughter for the laughs.

He is too intelligent in plot making. You've to be always vigilant.
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

thanks for the tip...i will keep that in mind...maybe i will install a tracker device in him

Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
12 years ago

Hello there:

This is a great topic. I have inspired many people to start blogs and some have started it off as well. Maybe five or six have started. Though they are not consistent, they do put up stuff now and then. In fact, I advise everyone to start a blog where they can store their nuggets from life.

Thanks.

Best,

Susan

Vee
from Minneapolis
12 years ago

That is great. Motivating 5 or 6 people is really huge! 

Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
12 years ago

Thanks Vee. I should hop on to your blog and check it out :) Have a lovely day!

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I am not going to say much except that I have 3 co-authors who don't write. LOL

LockSign in to reply to this thread