What do we do with Plagiarism

manasij ganguli
manasij ganguli
from Delhi
13 years ago

I chanced upon the blog post of some Amita Purohit today. I was aghast to see that she has copied my blog paragraph per paragraph and the pics and posted them as her own blog.

Amita's Post link: http://greenpathsofthewanderingsoul.blogspot.com/2010/11/sarchu-to-whisky-nullah.html

My Blog Link from Spet 2009: http://manasij.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/manali-leh-khardungla-day6/

What is our policy with these SCAM artists?

Do we remove them from the group?

I noticed she has written a plethora of blogs on travel etc which I am sure are plagiarised from some other place.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Manasij

ITs utter shame (sorry, F1 language) that we have to live with this. You can do the best thing to politely ask the Author that she stops Plagiarizing from your blog at least. Thats the first step you can take towards it. Then scan through her blog and find out if you have mroe of your artilces being published. If so, send out a mail asking for removal. Or alternatively, you can ask her to give your blog post a back link.

Is Amita on IndiBlogger?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Also you can use Copyscape to check if your content is hived off to other blogs / websites apart from hers.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

As I checked for your blog I am surprised that i didnt find any links. May be some problem with Copyscape I guess.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Yikes.

So what steps did you take? What happened?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I just checked the link she seems to have cleverly protected by invitation only, maybe she is trying to con some of her customers.  Secondly if you are able to access you can report abuse on the blogspot, who will investigate and suitably warn her of plagiarism.  Thirdly if you have the technology to disable right click, than that is best solution to prevent the same in occuring in future.   A decent way is to provide a link or seek permission to link up.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Disabling the right click is very frustrating even to your readers...
Tharun
Tharun
from Coimbatore
12 years ago

I agree with @Arti.Disabling right click annoys genuine readers and mere disabling of right click does not stop one to copy the source code or using ctrl+c to copy...

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
One can print screen too...
Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago
manasij ganguli
manasij ganguli
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hello Guys,

I had complained to Blogger about this and guess what this pathetic plagiarist scum bag's blog was deleted and an official warning was issued to the copycat.

I was pleasantly surprised by the alacrity shown by the Blogger team. They even mailed me asking if I would like to consider legal actions against the scam artist. They were willing to provide me with all digital data to support my case.

So, thats what we should do. Report these cheats to Blogger and then watch the fun. As far as I am concerned, if I ever meet this plagiarist I am going to tie her neck into a knot.

-Manasij

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Whoa!! Never knew that Google took such strong steps! Thats great...
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@manasij: That's wonderful Great to hear you got the copycat deleted.

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Such members should be outcasted from the Indiblogger community. I too faced a similar problem.. http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8398

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

I have to agree with you on that.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am sure google will protect genuine writers who slog it out to produce wonderful blogs for the world to relish, and with pictures and videos blogging becomes a great medium

Tharun
Tharun
from Coimbatore
12 years ago

My blog has been copied too...a wordpress.com site has almost all my latest posts as such on my blog. :(

LockSign in to reply to this thread