Whats up with Adsense?

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

My self hosted website is just 3 month old. I recieved a mail from google about adsense accounts for my site. So does Googgle approve websites which are relatively new? Coz somewhere I read, that once u apply for a google adesnse account, it takes a few months(approx 6 months) to get it approved. 

And moreover... just curious

1. what do you think gets you more revenue? a text ad or picture ad?

2. If I get a Adbrite account now untill adsense approves my account, can I use both or do I have to ditch adbrite if I were to use Adsense?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: adbrite point added
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Rule of thumb : focus on content... monetization comes later.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

+1 Mohan. @Sauvik focus on Content.. you will get your worth later..

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

However for your query about Adbrite and Adsense. Its an alternative. Use both or Use eitehr. Its your call. Monitor revenues from each and find what is good for you. Discard the oen that brings in less revenue.

Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Mohan ji& Hemal: With due respect Thanks for your valuable advice. Content is always the trump card, and readers are always the king. I have been blogging since 2003. I have tried out different platforms, different media and different genres of writing, but before that it has always been a passion, the purpose was different, it was something which I associated it with when I was myself. Finally I feel why cant be my passion be the bread and butter? And I feel, content and revenue( whatever be it) should go hand in hand. Let it b slow, but let it be the push. :-) Right or wrong?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I am not at all clear on Adsense, nor i am interested to join the rat race.  Sour grapes syndrome LOLZ

Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Umesh ji: there are few people who are so clear about their priorities in life.. and I see you are one of them. If you see, blogging as your passion and your voice, let it be... your readers will be ur best judge and ur best reward, not the money :-) Thanks for your words. 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I had got my adsense account approved within 10 days of application though i wasnt a new blogger at that time.

Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Cool! Then it should take some more time for me. But I feel that i should build up a base first with this new platform, and then apply, then the wait would less :-) 

As far as i know, Google has only one rule about Adsense, the website should be content friendly to all and apart from that every other rules are like user speculated from their own expiriance.

If the content is broad, and you have a good statistics interms of global visits, I think you can get it activated with a 3 month old link too

thanks..

Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

@Hunky: I doubt. I have heard this from a lot of people. It takes time for adsense to approve if u r a new entrant. But lets see :-) what about you? did you open up an account?

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Should I ?? i meant, is my blog having 250 unique a day be any good in terms of revenew ??

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

One more question I would like to add is that, I have heard from many that Adsense doesn't pay much for Indian visitors.

My blog is targeted for Indian visits only so how successful would it be for Indian visitors ? Secondly, whats the best way to monetise, keeping in mind that the visit count is from India ??

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes thats a very good point, probably thats the reason my earnings are too low as most of my visitors are from India.

25 clicks have fetched just about 4$ till now, thats pretty low I guess??

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

so if thats correct that adsense aint the best option for a website targeting Indian audience, then what are the other options ?? rather is there any other option ???

Ok, I gave Adsense a try as for a 24 hour run in my website..

Minimul display,

• 160x600 -> side bar
  • main page 468x90
  • all post page on top -> 468x90
  • I (personally) asked to the blog auhtor and contributers to not to click by them self while looked for organic clicks only

here is the result after a 20/22 hour run.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

i a span of around 20 hours, I managed 256 impression.. where as just a "single" click... i doubt for its success with my blog at-least Cry

Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

@Hunky: you cannot say that for a 24 hr dry run of adsense... give it some time ... guess u ll get good results.. i saw ur site .. its too good :) btw i applied for adsense ..and my site got approved within 2 days ... started siplaying ads .. today .. fingers crossed :-(

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

@Souvik.. 

Hmm.. how long should I run that to consider as proper trial ???

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

also congrats for getting the adsense approved !!!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread