New Features that Can Be added to Indiblogger??

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

IndiBlogger Team is Doing a great Job.....

The New Feature of IndiRank & Indivine is awesome....

Similarly we should also Discuss some of the features or facilities that can be added to the Indiblogger...

One Feature which was discussed some time ago was of "Chatting".... The Response was quite Mixed about it... 

So what are features you all think, that can be added to indiblogger....

Edited 15 years ago
Reason: Content
Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Chatting and all will make this more of a Social Networking Website, which this forum does not need... for that you can go to Yahoo, Gtalk, Orkut, FaceBook, etc...

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Hemal

Chatting was the One Feature which was discussed some time ago..... I'm Not Saying to implement it.....

You are Rite, if Chatting would be Implemented than the focus of the site may get shifted...

I Have Created this forum to get the Views of people that what "NEW FEATURES" they feel that can be added to Indiblogger... & I hope this discussion would help our IndiBlogger Team in Adding New Features..

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Tracking this topic! Smile

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago
1 thing i would like to know is why indiblogger is on diet? No photos, videos & other goodies. Are these due to storage space or bandwidth constraints. What are the future plans?
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Photos and videos belong on your blog, flickr, youtube, and facebook! Smile We want to keep this community focused on blogging.

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago
I will disagree on this one Renie. Photos, videos, wallpapers & other goodies if used properly contribute immensely to the discussion, in fact they very much enhance the quality of a discussion. Don't all of us like our smileys & emoticons. Explaining difficulties & solving problems becomes much more easier & interactive. Little more finesse due to their addition will only benefit indiblogger. This is my opinion. Guys what's your take on this one?
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Thanx ..........Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Should we have sticky topics within each category on the forum? The home page has too many sticky topics I think....

SVD
from Mumbai
15 years ago

yes... and if you can change layout of this forum,  with sub forum , I means to say  instead of sidebar, pur  topics on main page along with sub forums, that will be very good..

wel, its a simple suggestion, baaki aap log technically knows better thn me...

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Yes! it'll be easier to track sticky topics too.

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

yeah Quite Right we should have sticky topics within each category........

Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

My two cents... or should I say one rupee: Could the forum page have one extra section (from the current two). Would like the "Review Me" and "Check out my post" threads separate from the discussion topics. Barely any discussion topics and they do disappear from the first fold because of the numerous review requests and the post ads.

And a lot of people commented on the "Review vs Discussion" thread that they preferred discussions...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Those "Check out my post" threads are actually not allowed on the forum! So if you see one, - hit that yellow "report this topic" link! And on the home page, we have actually seperated the main discussion from the reviews. Have you noticed the [Hide Reviews/Show Reviews] link? Smile

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Oh that's good. The review requests were flooding out other topics like anything!

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Shud i say tht I'm mighty pleased with it! now, i can review blogs only when i want to.

PS:Yes! i do review blogs sometimes. Tongue out

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ renie.....

This Feature is Nice.. :)

Thnx.... Smile

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

* Well.. can we implement an automatic spell checking. Will be useful for people who makes lots of typos.. like me .Smile

* Also, what about making one-click smileys instead of opening a whole black-out window.  Just to increase performance ^_^

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

I too think that we should be able to add smileys directly using symbols rather than opening a new window...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Unfortunately one click smileys won't be possible, unless the tex editor we use comes up with it in a future release. Automatic spell checking - will look into that!

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

And I'm not sure of this..

When we  join blog catalog we can have a recent viewers widget, capturing their profile pics, right. Can we have an indi widget?

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Yeah There should be a widget to keep track of recent visitors... atleast there names..

Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

@Renie: I just discovered the "Hide Reviews" link... sweet! So you are saying that people aren't allowed to advertise posts on the forum at all. Because if that's the case then a LOT of people are breaking that rule.

@et: I second this...

Revathi
Revathi
from Denver
15 years ago

Can we have a theme every month ? That maybe we all can blog on atleast once in our blogs that month? Like say for example this month we could write about what is more fun - being single/married, Favourite restaurants in south India, Poems  etc.

We can also virtually celebrate memebr's birthdays every month or atleast by Zodiac sign?

Thanks!

http://lafemmereva.blogspot.com

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hey Revathi, I second you on this one. We can celebrate Birthdays of members.

@ Renie: What we can add is that a special personalized creative (can be common) emailed, a Calender can be used to display the Birthdays for the month and a Wall so that other members can wish. I know this would be messy since we have already 6k+ members, but still this would be a good idea and make people feel special.

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

The Idea of Celebrating Bday is nice, But we have more than 6k members than on an average there would be 16-17 Bday daily, It wuld be difficult to celebrate, & Personally send them wishes... But yeah INDIBLOGGER TEAM can send an automatically generated email Containing Bday wishes on everyones... Bday Technically it is easy to implement... :-)

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

+1 to B'days!!

Birthdays may be, but no zodiacs. Let us leave that to Murali Manohar Joshi.

Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

Wouldn't the birthday bit come in the realm of photos and vids i.e. too social networking?

Maybe a middle ground could be adding some info on the profile page such as "Connect with me on FB/orkut/etc etc." This wouldn't dilute the spirit of indi but still allow those who want to social network to do that.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Connect with my other social networks is a good idea. But Birthday will not have images/videos.

1. What I propose by Birthday is may be we should send an email to the Community member with wishes which can be automated.
  2. Birthday Wall shows the Birthdays for the day.
  3. People can post wishes and am sure not every one would do so, but still there will be people who would wish.

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Yeah This Option of Connect with me on FB/Orkut is good.... just a simple profile link would be Enough in this case... We Can also Make this Feature Optional, those who want to add can add the link in their profile, others can leave..

Cheers

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

The social networking option is cool..

But I think there are bloggers with anonymous ids more than those who share their identity!

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

quite right there are many bloggers with anonymous id,

But it doesn't matter.. This option would be useful for all those bloggers who are active & Taking part in Discussions...

Badges in Hindi.

The current badges with English text don't look good on Hindi blogs.

SVD
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Good Suggestion...

Hemal, I am against separating blogs as English and regional language blogs. It smacks of step-motherly treatment to our languages.

In fact, over time, there are going to be more regional language blogs than English blogs as blogging catches on in India. People feel much more comfortable writing in their own languages.

So, I would suggest treating all languages at par, not only in the matter of badges, but in all other respects too.

For example, I would like the blogger directory structure to be modified too. It has made special categories for Hindi blogs, Gujarati blogs, Malayalam blogs, etc., but there is no category for English blogs.

I would like to see a separate category for English blogs. This would make searching easier and more focussed.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Actually we do have that category here. We don't have it in the Indic cloud on the home page because the ratio is too extreme - 7130 English blogs tend to dwarf the others making their tags too small.

On translating the badges and other key areas of the site - great idea. I'm all for this one. Will put up something quickly so that everyone can contribute and help with the translation.

You're right about regional language blogs becoming more popular - we have stats to prove it!

Ah, Reni, I got to the English blogs page using the link you gave. But it is not possible to do this from the normal interface, is it?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

It's not - which is a good point. Will look into adding it to the interface....

IndiVine is a great feature of this site, but it is not being promoted adequately.

I suggest that there be a widget or something on the home page in which one article from IndiVine is randomly picked and highlighted. It will show the icon of the blogger, his/her name, blog's name and url, the title of the post, its category and may be a couple of lines from the post.

Readers should be able to click on any of the above (icon, blog name, url, post, etc., and move directly to the post on the blog).

The widget could refresh itself, say every 3 hours, so that all the articles, as well as their authors and the blogs, get an exposure.

The widget could be about 4 inches long and about 1.5 wide.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

That is a Good idea Mr. Bala

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

But I suggest this can be a Blog widget that can be put on blogs, and not IndiBlogger forums.

No Hemal, the idea is to popularize the posts in IndiVine among IndiBlogger users. So it will have to be on IndiBlogger itself. It won't serve the same purpose if it were on blogs.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
This suggestion is for those posts that have replies of more than 40 after which it automatically goes into pageination. After submitting, the page should show the latest page instead of the first page

LockSign in to reply to this thread