Beware those Bloggers, Government is coming !

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
13 years ago

I decided to let know the real fact  about IT amendment Act 2008. On Internet forums also people are having the difference of opinions. However what I understood about this amendment  after reading it, that the Government is trying to update some outdated provision of IT Act 2000 besides this also trying to close the loophole of earlier IT Act to prevent the miss use of computer and the Internet. In this amendment act, there is little worry for those bloggers who write the things without any authentication or with the mala-fide intension as it is proposed to include the blogger in the list of Intermediary. I have written a detail view on this topic is in my new blog post 

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

govt has no business to punish the blogging community according to me, it should have autonomous regulatory body to control the contents and discipline the bloggers if required.  Basically blogging is the ultimate freedom of expression to a limited circle so the question of defamation and blasphemy does not arise.  Let blogging forum have an independent body with persons of highest integrity

Vivek Kailash
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I agree with you. Bloggers are like journalist who gets the news and publishes it so that people can know about it.

We are living in democratic society were we have right to express our feeling and not in a communist society as our neighbour country were such thing are banned.

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
13 years ago

Umesh ji , I agree, Government should not regulate any thing but why becasue there are some bloggers who donot follow self regulation, and they need to be regulated that so Govt have decided to regulate. 

Everybody want self regulation but that is not easy. News agencies want self regulation for them self but but u have heard the cases about paid news. so self regulation will never come when our intention is wrong. this is my personal view.

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
13 years ago

Vivek ji I little differ from u bloggers are not journalist bcose every journalists have affiliation from one or other newspaper or news tv but here there may be blogger who can right anything on fake profile. so some body have to take responsibility.

Vivek Kailash
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I have told that we are like a journalist as they gets a news and make it available to the world, we bloggers work the same way but the difference between a journalist is the same as you explained.

And how many post by fake profile will government trace. Their could be lacks. And till the time they will trace all this profiles the news they posted will be know to millions. I had once seen a sale on one forum were the seller was selling facebook profiles in bulk and that too with thousand of friends in each. So you can guess how this spammers work actually.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Great post Gopinath. Head over at http://tinyurl.com/4knrnml to read now! We at BlogAdda definitely do not want the way the government is trying to regulate and restrict. There has to be discussions on this and viewpoints taken into consideration.Derebail Umesh, you have a good suggestion. We might have an autonomous body and do self-regulation. And blogging is definitely the best way to let know things around you!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

KINDLY post your objections and suggestions on the facebook page, let us gather some storm and prevent such draconian and dictatorial legislation

LockSign in to reply to this thread