Do you feel that only bloggers read blogs?

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Somehow, from what I've seen on comments on both my blog and other blog, it appears to me that blogs are only visited by people who have blogs of their own. Now, the question(s) I want to ask is this: 

1) Do you feel this true? 

2) If yes, why is this? Is it because only bloggers are informed about blogs? Is it because of communities like this that generally connect bloggers with other bloggers? Is it because people only comment hoping to get comments on their blogs? 

3) Is this is a good thing or a bad thing? Are we reaching a very select audience or are we catering to a certain part of the internet users? 

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending

people searching google, etc. land on blogs. and read. but they seldom comment. only bloggers comment in 90% cases.Smile

Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

But why would that be? Because they want you to come back on your blog? 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
They may be regular readers, may have genuinely liked the post or they may be expecting a return favour.. Could be anything?
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Comments actually do not always show you the real picture in terms of the audience of your blog. 70% of my traffic is from search engines but I rarely get a comment from them (once in a blue moon, mostly when they require some additional info on travel issues ). Its only the regular blogger buddies who leave a comment regularly. But then I think the type of your audience also depends on your blog niche to a great extent.
Yo, perfectly right
Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

@Arti: I think you might be right...the search engine people simply do not comment as often, and comments do appear to depend on the audience you're targetting. 

@Rohan: I guess you're right. It must just be me then, or perhaps my marketing ;) 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I think it depends hugely on the niche of your blog, people coming in from Google will only comment if they like something extraordinarily or if they have a question which they feel that the blogger will be able to answer...

DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago

My readers are almost all from google, some leave comments but very rarely!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

That is the case with of us, I think!!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Put most between of and us in above reply!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread