How to create your own blogger template?

KAILASHNATH P S S
KAILASHNATH P S S
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to create a customized blogger template with our images, design and colours!?

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

???

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Kaliashnath Its quite simple but comlpex to start with. Simple coz you can take template and then customize it for yourself. Thats how you can start.

But Complex coz you need to know how to create images, how to do the HTML and CSS.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

I can do this much! thanks hemal! :)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

You need to know web designing languages and have a bit of coding knowledge like HTML, CSS and javascript like @ Hemal has said!

I think Adobe Dreamweaver helps in making upto 80% of the template. But then you need to know basic CSS, and HTML to make the xhtml code Blogger Friendly.

It is always advisable to have a test blog, with 2-3 useless posts, where you can test your templates before using it finally on your main blog.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Xeno, Dreamweaver is a tool! I just faclitates to create an output with your knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS

But honestly, there are loads and loads of blogger-friendly templates out there. You should consider searching google for them. Try btemplates.com.

You can learn CSS bit by bit using the free resources online.

Then again, you can do it my way.

I've learnt basic CSS just by trying to hack my way around the code. This way it's interesting, and it also empowers you to tweak templates as you wish.

• Browse through the code.
  • Try to identify which part of the code does what.
  • Try to tweak your blog by adding codes like facebook share/like button, retweet buttons, digg buttons, adding a new comment system, changing default links with images, etc.
  • Try removing parts of it. For example if a template has a slideshow on the main page which you do not want, try to identify the different parts of the code which help the slideshow and just delete them. Sometimes there will be parsing errors. But you're sure to succeed with patience.

That's my way -> hacking my way through the code.

Its not that hard. You can give it a try. There are a lot of internet forums which help you on CSS scripting. Best Of Luck.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Xeno am sure you will learn this way Wink coz i can tell you thats how I learnt it all

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

You give me all the details. You will get it within a week.

Rohan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Finally some useful reply at last ! Wink

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Rohan it defies the purpose. Although it was very kind of @Sujit to offer to do it, but it wont teach @Kaliashnath anything. He will have to rely on someone always which doesnt help his cause.

KAILASHNATH P S S
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

where can i find reliable persons who can do it for some payment?

Rohan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I think Sujith already volunteered to help you with the same thing , what more do you need ?

He is both - reliable and professional . Don't misjudge his skill just because he offered it for free ! 

Rohan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

....OPSS sorry I don't know how I assumed it was for free when there was no such mention , (I think I need more sleep ) apologies ! But the answer still holds good .

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

touch in cheek @Rohan lolz

There are somethings I let go over my head and not try to push it in and let my mind suffer the alphas, etc. I get readymade chola bhatura's and go rocking.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:-D
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I believe you can try the simple means of uploading your image after undertaking photoshop, the design template will enable you to load the photo or image shrink to fit. http://indiabackpacker.blogspot.com/

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Yes one can use own image as a background, Blogger has that option.

LockSign in to reply to this thread