Going to leave Indiblogger soon if this continues

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I run the blog www.ideasmakemarket.com - despite repeated requests there has been no action taken on behalf of the team regarding indirank. I had even mailed my feed link, posted in the forum twice before- but nothing seems to happen. Guess Indiblogger is very big now.

1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Descending

arrey don't be so impatient! there will be an indirank update on 10th. Why worry? Cool

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You will soon get an Indirank update, i am sure, do not worry about it!

While you are awaiting the rank, why don't you check out the other features like Indivine, Inditalk, etc here. They are interesting as well! After all, Indiblogger is not only about the Indirank, there is so much more to do here Smile

And Yes, Indiblogger is big...One big family... So Please change your mind of leaving it... Ok Smile

I some what agree, Indi Team them self are now really really rare in Forum Activities.. I remember couple of years back when they launched the service, all of them were active participant, but now, they are busy with I dont know what..

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Its been 3 months now and the problem is not resolved !! but atleast some people have taken notice

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@Arti, when I look at the indirank - and see someone's business blog rated at 80 with far less quality and myself yet to get a rank - u get the feel something isn't going right.

Leaving is the last option but am definitely considering it

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@Abhirup Indirank is as such just a number, mostly for fun... Although it does give a fair idea about the blog but it is not a thing to die for!! A very big criteria is the frequency of posting which is wrong in my opinion, once I was off blog for a month or so and my rank plummeted from 79 to 67! Keep blogging, rest will take care of itself:-)
Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@arti, It certainly is important because when a person searches a blog by tags, the blogs in indiblogger.in are in descending order of their ranks- so for a blog that gets no rank and is regularly updated it wont get considerable hits- so indirank does make a difference.

Indirank is certainly not a thing to die for but it is something that a blog which regularly posts articles( atleast 3-4 in a week), does not show ads, has 20+ contributors- does deserve. There are also other platforms which offer similar ratings.

So i would humbly request that rather than trying to justify the absense of indirank ( even when I had mailed the link of RSS feed to the concerned mail id that u had given in a forum before, and there have been no acknowledgement of it), indiblogger team should look at resolving the issue. Rest is upto the inditeam

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Cheer up, Renie has taken notice... Now your problem will be solved sooner rather than later!!
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Abhirup, sorry for not seeing this thread before! Frown

There's a problem with your template... Are you on wordpress or blogspot? Please see if these posts may help:

[Techiez.net link removed - Gouri, sorry for the late response. Will try and make it up to you by including this link on our FAQs and the new IndiRank pages.]

http://www.ezaroorat.com/seo/is-your-feed-detected-by-browsers

http://www.blogspotknol.com/2010/10/solution-problem-detecting-feed.html

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Renie, guys please dont be too busy to have a look at the problems here. At least one of you can be active here and get these issues resolved. Certainly this is a red flag from one of the members.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Message received! Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
:-D:-D
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Laughing

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Hi Renie & Arti,

Apologies for creating this topic- but just did it to catch attention !! Wink Had no intention of leaving indiblogger. I attended the recent indi meet in kolkata and u guys rock !!

Thanks a lot both of u :)

@Renie- I am on blogger and created this template myself. I have added the blogger  code to it with my feedburner url. hope it works...

and thanks once again.... Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
That was very clever of you, chalo kaam toh ho gaya!!
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

well though this was a false alarm, but this can really happen. So we are not taking any changes..

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats really professionalB-)
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Here's the original piece for wordpress:

http://www.ezaroorat.com/seo/is-your-feed-detected-by-browsers

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

@Renie

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago
Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hehe
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

so does it work? your issues resolved?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Well it should!!
Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

i write for fun and just so i can feel good...wud love an indirank but thats optional...aint gonna press guys for that...but still gr8 goin ppl ;) ;)

nice idea abhirup :P

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@hemal, i have added the RSS code as Renie has instructed- hope it worksSmile

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Just checked the dashboard its showing problem detecting feed...but i guess Indi team is working on it... so it shud get resolved

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

and seriously..is the rank THAT important??

did u start writing so u cud get a rank???

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The rank is not that important but it adds that little bit more to your blog...
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

i started writtin coz i felt like...i wanted ppl to read and let me kno how i did...i came here so i can interact.agreed indirank boosts traffic on ur blog.

but seriously give it a thot..u write coz of a rank??

of course not! who cares? although a good rank does add .. somewhat.. a .. kinda "status" to your blog, you know.

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

precisely my point..rank adds status but that IN NO WAY implies other blogs are inferior in any way.

:) :) cheers to blogging :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You dont write for the rank but a higher rank motivates you to do better:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
And yes a lower rank does not in any which way imply that a blog is not worth visiting!!
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

ya thats there...AGREE! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
:)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello dear, please keep blogging, don t worry about rank, my ranking too is absolutely low, does that make my blog inferior no way.........build your foundation and build an empire good luck

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice advise Umeshji:)
Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@all... this has generated tremendous interest...:)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Any topic related to INDIRANK generates such interest... ALWAYS:):)
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

a BIG shout from my side too Laughing

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@madhav, rank is not that important... but it does generate traffic... as wen u surf a category the blogs are arranged in descending plus as arti pointed out it does generate credibility.

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

it does and i agree to u..

what i said was dont stop writtinf even if u dont get suitable rank

Cool

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@madhav, I wont... I never said i will stop blogging after running such a successful blog in just 4 months time... i just talked about leaving indiblogger.(thats a bluff !!Tongue out)

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

cheers to blogging :)

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Chhers !!

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@arti, one suggestion- is it possible to also list the new entries on indivine along with top posts on the home page.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Abhirup If you ask me, I really dont think thats feasible coz then the entire point of having posts on the homepage, which is simply to showcase the few chosen ones that got popular through the week in a certain period of time, will be rendered meaningless then. I mean whats the point, there are new posts coming in every minute in indivine?

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@arti, no issues. It was just a suggestion

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Just my opinion AbhirupSmile Rest is up to the inditeam, who knows they might actually like it and just take it up Cool

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago
if my indirank is not 100 within a week, iam considering leaving. I might even go on a hunger strike. screw it..i think i will just go now...ignore this ...iam just bored.. in this family, treat me as the mad cousin

Oh you DO deserve a 100 since every word in your blog made me rofl and get up, read the next word and rofl again for the entire evening. Laughing

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

tys it's cool. if my suggesions abt indivine are not considered,,,,,,,,,, don't know wht i wil do, but not  hunger strike...may be forum strike. as m less active here slowly......slowly.....this is called out of love process from indi. may be............

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Vote for tys !!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are almost on forum strike... Mohini...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Tys :):)
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Ya! Arti! don't know y, but it is happening. 

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

@abhirup ...hows the thot process goin now?? Wink

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@madhav could not understand u

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

i meant the leavin indiblogger thing..hows that thot comin along now?Laughing

Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

It was a fluke bro- still waiting fr the rank though !! WinkTongue out

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

lol...hehehhehehe.ya every1 is waiting Frown

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ya everyone...
tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago
not me...i just dropped in my ranking...self immolation on this site seems like a good ideas now...wonder if i will get into trouble for pollution?

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread