New views on Blogger, a visual feast. Have you tried yet?

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Blogger (blogspot.com) platform released new views for people using their blog service. Have you had a chance to try it yet? If you have a blogspot blog, all you have to do is append "/view" and there you'll find the content on your blog organized into various views. For example, my blog's url is http://psychesvisage.blogspot.com  and to explore the new views the url has to be http://psychesvisage.blogspot.com/view

So far they have provided 5 different views - Flipcard, mosaic, timeslide, sidebar and snapshot views. The views can be changed using the options provided on the right handside top corner.

If you have already tried, let us all know in this thread which view is your best interest. If you have not yet tried, try it and let us know..

For technology buffs, Blogger guys have put latest web technologies like Ajax, HTML5 and CSS3 to a very good use. Bring up your take, in this thread, on how these features rock or they can be improved.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: typo corrected
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Not tried till now, is it good?
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
you must give it a try to get taste of it. Just click on the link I shared.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Actually I am writing from my mobile, even the first reply was from mobile... Hence I asked, will open the link tomorrow when I am online:-)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Online from the computer!!
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

It is really fantastic, I saw yours, I have tried it, but not availble for my blog. They require site feed full I think and it is short for mine. I made it full still it is not working.

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

oh, the issue should be something simple.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

For which of your blog is it not working Mohini?

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Coz i checked it out for narayankripa and its looking really beautiful Smile

Priya
Priya
from Pune
13 years ago

It's a really awesome idea! I liked 'Mosiac' and 'Timeslide' too, but I think 'Sidebar' is view that is the most convenient!! 

Doctor who blogs
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yeah sidebar view is the most convenient one....

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago
Even I was replying from my phone. But I think you can best experience rhose features from PC
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Surely will check it out today!
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

This is a new phase for blogging. Certainly, the HTML5 has been put to use, but more than anything, the reason why HTML5 is so good is coz the Browsers are now using Hardware Acceleration. It means that Browsers will now use more of your CPU/GPU to deliver even more Rich Applications. JS is playing a bigger role with HTML5.

HTML5 is adds a few more tags that were not there in earlier versions and have included a canvasing feature. But it requires and relies heavly on Javascript to get things working. 

I am sure you will find the same on Wordpress sooner than later.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Finally checked it out! aHave really been very lazy on this one!

The views are amazing, timeslide and flipcard are good but i loved the snapshot look, thats probably coz my blog has a lot of travel images!

I have a question though -

Cant we see these 'new views' thing directly by clicking from our dashboard or something like that or do we always have to append the 'view' manually to see it?

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Your blog looks fabulous Arti, just checked it out!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks DSSmile

Tulika
Tulika
from Pune
13 years ago

Tried it out.. and you guys are right the formats work for picture blogs. I found only sidebar doable... guess I'll stick with my old format though... neater and more well organised. I hate clutter.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
You are right it works well mainly for picture blogs:)
Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

oye i tried it....looks fun and ppl who generally get confused wid too many things in the template will find it easy to scroll thru things..THANKS

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Yes it is fun... A great addition!

LockSign in to reply to this thread