Shifting from Wordpress to .in website

Rituparna Mukerji
Rituparna Mukerji
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hello !

I have just shifted from a wordpress.com blog to a .in website. I was trying to remove my wordpress.com blog from the settings but it is not permitted. I have added the new website to the existing blog. How can I remove the wordpress.com blog address? Or is it ok if I just let there be two different blogs.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Better remove the old one... else it will hurt your blog page rank as duplicate content is a negative mark in Google's view :)

Rituparna Mukerji
from Delhi
13 years ago

But then how do I remove it. I can't remove it from my end here or anywhere else for that matter. The blog I want to keep as it will direct people to the new address, but yes even I just want one blog appearing here.

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

That is easy Ritu. You delete all the articles on old blog after moving to a new one. And just leave one post saying that you have moved to a new place with link. using that link, your readers will be able to reach you on the new address :)

Rituparna Mukerji
Rituparna Mukerji
from Delhi
13 years ago

Ok. So that is removing the old blog part. What about changing my blog url here at indiblogger? How do I do that? That is what my main concern is.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Ritu Pretty Simple!! just go to Dashboard > Account Settings > Your Blog

Click on Edit Button and change your Blog URL Cool

Rituparna Mukerji
Rituparna Mukerji
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hi Hemal,

Thaz where the problem is. It say that the blog URL cannot be changed. I have added the new blog to my blogs list. Once the new one gets an approval I'll just delete the old address. Thaz what I can think of. Any other way?

LockSign in to reply to this thread