Why Corporates have not pitched in to fight against corruption ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Recent newspaper and media channel reports suggest that corporates are not interested in fighting corruption or showing solidarity.  Even surprising the committee which was appointed to succeed RATAN TATA found no candidate to succeed him in Dec 2012. Does it mean end of the world Lolz or does it indicate that corporates and politicians sail and thrive in corruption.  What is the norm one has to develop ?

1.  Election funding vide cheque to parties is accepted by Income tax, so why pay currency or hard cash to individual candidates ?

2.  CSR funding upto 2% of profit is accepted and beyond that is taxable.  Legitimate.

3.  Sampling, Dealer promotion, Advertising etc are legal.  If  Taj offers a buffet lunch coupon than it is perfectly ok or not

4.  Lobbying is accepted according to law, now there are no rules and regulations framed, so it is still in unchartered waters.  Should it be treated under sales promotion budget is the key issue and what percentage upto 10% of the profits, don t you think that is legitimate way to go.  The lobbyist takes full responsibility of how to use the funds to get the work done without being illegal and immoral and indemnify the corporate.

5.  Corporate endorsements and promotions, for example sprucing up a police station, public toilet installation, drinking water provision, free meals scheme.  Free medical aid, Education etc.  Using celebrities to promote a cause etc.

Now guys i cannot monopolise the ideas you all add to the idea of how corporates can help in rooting out corruption in the system ?  Please complete the circle by joining Hazare in reducing corruption if not eliminating it.

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

see eliminating corruption is practically not possible...what dese ppl r fighting for is atleast a debate in parliament so a bill can be drafted which will minimize corruption..

coz cmmon...1lakh 75 crore???...who can even spend that much ammount of money

and corporates hav better interest to take care of dan care for all dese stuff's...i m not talkin about what dere CEO's or MD's or BOD's mite feel personally but dey certainly dont hav the liberty to go and support it PHYSICALLY

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I agree with you Madhav it is difficult eliminate corruption, but minimise the degree is what we should aim.  If a man has pay right from birth to death for every damm activity than it is cursed to be born as a human Lolz...... I believe we should have a clean judiciary, policing, army, press, education and medical field.  I think all other fields are passe.  i understand your constraints.

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

see being CLEAN is practically impossible...its lyk CARNOT engine..no engine can hav 100% efficiency..

what we r lukin for here is minimizing the harrasement we go thru in public offices..

why not add the whatever bribe u want to take wid the total amount only and give employees as d WORK WELL DONE bonus :) no 1 s complainin to pay extra 100 bucks for 2000 RS passport.

what irks ppl is all d harrasement they hav to go thru

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

+1 Madhav , pay only if you wish too , coz the work is done in promptness rather being harassed to pay for being done .

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Dear Madhav surprisingly for passport, i did not spend a single np as bribe to either police or anybody.  I only paid Rs 10/ chai pani to postman who too was not expecting it Lolz.  Of course i paid only Rs 1000/- as fees for passport, in case of tatkal it is Rs 2000/- Bangalore One has made passport application process so simple

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

an hav u seen the ppl lining up for the same???

and if u hav taken a leave to be in line for that stuff for a day...wts d guarantee that u wont hav to return tomm??

an jus for records...i paid 200 as bribe to policeman to clear my BIO and gave 50 to post man as a happie gesture :)

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago
Corporates will never pitch in their support . Its only individuals from the corporates will support the issue . There was an effort from the few prominent personalities by writing a letter to PM . but no avail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I believe when IDEA came with a campaign keep cricket clean, which is the biggest passion in India, they can definitely support the cause of  Anna in some form......

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

well thats totally commercial form..and cricket can sell nething...i thot that ad was a really STUPID idea..

dey cud hav come up wid far better things than that

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

yaa and i ve talked to ppl...dey don bother about the money as long as d work is being done..

its d time dey care for.most working ppl hav got only saturday get work done in some govt office.

and its a holiday so u ll hafta take a leave and if u dont get the work done in 1 day its so frustrating.and since we all know that govt work is not huge.its d process that makes it tidious.

hope things change for once

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Of course people who have tight schedule of work are forced to shell out, when their time is precious.  Most of them use agents which makes it worse.......Now if one has to get things done in RTO, and other govt depts it is taken for granted that he has shell out.....but if one goes through the routine one may find ways to minimise corruption, instead of spending 5000 or 10000 one may get the work done for as low as 1000 with due diligence Lol.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The funniest part Madhav inflation has affected fees too.  i had to shell out as a blackmail of sorts 20 k when the official fee was only Rs100/- and even after that too my work is not done can you beat it.

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

an its really sad but i ve seen ppl frequenting govt offices for months to get there pension..

the guy sitting dere simply refuses to listen.

he ll ask some or the other document which dey dont hav.only if dey pay some 5k or 10k it ll b done in minutes

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

see those ppl hav a family to support too.so u cant blame dem.if ppl can manage extra money dey wont a leave it.

but no 1 opposes that...so include all the bribe as a MISCLENIOUS fee along wid whatever fee we pay and make the process smoother was my idea

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Harassing a retired and meek person is sad, some laws have to be enacted to prevent officials demanding bribe.  A time limit should be fixed for the person to get his work done.  After due verification the work has to be completed with 15 working days.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Madhav it is practical suggest and that miscellaneous expense should not be more than 100% of the original fee amount.  Lolz

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

dere s very BIG difference between CUD be AND SHUD b.... ;) ;) and it alone speaks volumes :P

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Madhav i agree but we are guilty of giving bribe.....the law blames the giver not the taker dear, i hope you are aware of this fact

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

well since ppl r already givin that amount of money...my thot was to smoothen the process...coz i dont see the point arguing for 200 rs wen u already r giving another 1000

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

There is a difference between tips and corruption.......if somebody forces you to part with your hard earned bucks you feel bad, but if you voluntarily give her or him than it is not so bad as long as it is not disproportionate.

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

there....a/c to latest news adi godrej and rahul bajaj hav supported the movement

corporate india supports the movement :) :)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I saw Biocon chairman too supporting the campaign against corruption, so corporate India is waking up to reality, it is in their own interest.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Bollywood seems to be in full solidarity against corruption, good see Farah Khan, Anupam Kher and others join in.

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

yaa if u use twitter ppl r literally bashing against the govt for being so stupdi

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I believe a similar campaign should be undertaken for Whistle blowers protection, Lok ayukta and RTI activists protection

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

well 1 thing at a time mate...lol...u cant jus expect govt to turn to total ram raj...ppl r still waiting for the 1st step :)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Madhav we have move it fast and try to introduce as many as possible in one stroke should we wait for death of  Satyendra Dubey, Manjunath and likes to introduce bills.....

LockSign in to reply to this thread