Answers to all your technical Issues for Self Hosted Sites- WP/Blogger

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Hello All,

I am starting this thread with an intention of putting up our technical queries for all self hosted sites. Starting from a complete guide to registering your own domain, setting up the blog design, migration and other tweaks for optimization, choosing the best plugins, SEO, themes, revenues  et al. I guess it would be easier for everybody who are already on a self hosted site/ planning to move to have all the details under one thread, irrespective of the platform. 

A few advantages of having a self hosted site:

• Control over your blog- Its like having a baby of your own. 
  • Search Engine Optimization - We have limitations on WP/blogger w.r.t SEO activities. A self hosted site gives us absolute freedom on how to optimize our blog and make it a favorite to the search engines
  • Plugins and support -- Infinite plugins, some are just delicious.
  • Reputation and brand building - This is what I consider as the most important driving factor for a self hosted site. A brand/image building is easier and authoritative when you have something in your name.
  • Reselling your blog - :-) self explanatory, if you sometime feel the need. 
  • Themes and Templates - Once again, irrestitible themes on the offering for your blog to look awesome.

Would request all the co-operation from the senior bloggers/coders to help out the newbiews as well as the other blogger, who might come ahead seeking help on the technical front. I would request everybody, not only to post questions, but also proactively come forward with the issues you might have faced with your site and the probable solution to it. This would make it a one click chest of knowledge and a self sufficient chain.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: changed the topic name
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

I appreciate your sentiment very much, Sauvik. Thank you for creating this thread. While I am just one month old on Blogger, I will be sure to remember you if I ever move to a self-hosted website.

LockSign in to reply to this thread