Blog Contest May 2011 - Withdrawn and Sorry for the Trouble

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

A Blog contest by a Blogger, for Bloggers. If I have to make it a reality, I need support for each one of you. Please leave a comment on the practicality of this. Thank you.

For more details - http://vineshbalan.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-contest-may-2011.html

Update - I thought I'd get some participants from IndiBlogger, came to me as a huge dissapointment. Had barely 3 Participants, and now my spirit on Blogging has gone down. I have decided to Withdraw this Contest, with only 4 participants, there is no meaning in it. And I'm afraid the Winner Vyshnavi will have to walk out without a Prize. I'm really sorry.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Update
Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending

Tell me more about it.

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

http://vineshbalan.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-contest.html All details in here. Please guys, I need everyone's support for it to be a reality.

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Wow, Thanks Rohan! I'l rewrite the post adding more positive thoughts. But seriously - I don't have a Prize to give :(

Rohan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I was going to refer you to one of mine prevoius contests which went well , went back to my archive to fetch the post and to my horror ! A few of my posts got corrupted ! I had a major traffic spike of a few thousand visitors and server crashed  resulting in the post getting injured . 

Nw I will rebuild the posts from cache now , here is the link anyway (thankfully the comments and registrations remain intact , thank lord Wprdpress for that !)

Guest Blogging Contest At Techlunatic

Here are some other contests that I organiesd as a team on my partner blog , got a lot of sponsors for this one, and results yet to be announced 

Contest At Machoarts

I hope that helps you have better insight into how contests work . As for not having sponsors , no one can really help in tha regard . It becomes a big problem to lure sponsors for everyone , however big or small the blog is . Only we know how much pain we had while getting the sponsors , so you will have to work it that way .

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Ok, already working on it! Suggestions are welcome, I have rewritten the post.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Good initiative try to polish as per ROHAN's guidelines, if you get hold of a good sponsorer than you can dish out prizes galore Cool

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I'm working on it! Already in contact with 5 firms, hoping for a respons soon :D

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Need an expert on that, for now its Me. If any experts interested, would be happy to hand over. Interested?

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am more interested in participating as my blog still needs exposure:)

Would be better if it is done by a panel

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Will be done!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ask some bloggers of repute and who are a bit experienced to judge the posts... Maybe 4-5 or even a single person might also suffice!!
Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think the panel should always comprise of more than one person.

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Arti! Was searching for a way to contact you, just put a message as comment on your blog. Need your help on this!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Shoot an Indimail
Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I'm not much used to Indiblogger. When I click on Indimail it says you need mutual connections?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe Arti, Pramod, Rohan etc can be in the panel of judges....you take it subject or category wise too.  Waiting for you to launch the contest. good luck

thanks for mentioning my name umesh ji, I am not capable of judging any written work, for me all have some quality or the other.

I cannot takeup any such task. sorry for that. 

Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Its up!

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you Umesh, I will contact them soon. 

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

wish i could participate, but it is not tech-related topic. so, I cant post it on my blog.

Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Why not Abhi? "Time" Doesn wait for Tech too! You can ofcourse make an interesting twist with the topic :) Such is the rate of  growth of Technology.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its a good hint and may make an interesting post to read for:). Go ahead Abhi

Vyshnavi
Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Heylo Vinesh...  Juz checked ur blog.  Smile

Nice intiation.. !

So can i post my entry ?  Juz wana knw Is that ready n open fr entries ?? As i gone thru the whol conv above.. I guess yt u r in change f somthing ??

Lemme knw .. 

Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yes its UP and RUNNING! Guess I have to update the post :P

Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Oh...  Posted My Entry..!  Smile

I guess I've entered, i mean commented at the right place.. Pls do lemme know if any changes I hav to do

Thanks Vinesh 

Vysh

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Vyshnavi,

You commented on the wrong link, can you please recomment here - http://vineshbalan.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-contest-may-2011.html

Thank you!

Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Done...

Reposted in the link u hav mentioned.. Smile

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank You! And do share the Post :)

Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey vinesh.. I evn done with the new rules too......! 

Cheers :)   Luking forwrd for more updates..

Vysh

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

like it!! guess i will give it a humble try :)

Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you! Spread the News! :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread