Extracting e-mails from comments on Blogger

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

While submitting a comment it is compulsory to indicate e-mail. So theoretically I should have access to the e-mails of all the people who have submitted comments on my blog. However, I do not see these on my blog when I am logged in. How do I get to the e-mails?

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Good question. I want to know too. Anyone?

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Comment moderation is such a pain. I wish everyone would leave their e-mails in the profile.

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

But what's the point in compulsary email in comments then?

There must be some way! Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

I know the emails are visible in WordPress. Blogger - I don't think you have access to the email addresses. I looked all over blogger help and couldn't find anything...

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

One of the reasons why I shifted from blogger to wordpress. While i understand emails need to be kept private the blog owner should have the right to keep tabs on the email addresses. I used to send personal emails thanking them for visiting my blog, till of course 'Thank me later' came along and made life simpler!

But WP users should also use the email addresses with discretion.

Sojo Varughese
Sojo Varughese
from Mangalore
14 years ago

Blogger does not give email ids away! Good.

Wordpress gives email ids away! Bad.

Why would the author need e-mail ids of those who comment? A comment on a blog is public and ethically requires only a public reply!

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Why would the author need e-mail ids of those who comment? A comment on a blog is public and ethically requires only a public reply!

An author has a right to require the email ids so as to thank the commenters , follow up the comments if any personally and simply thank the visitors. Ofcourse the privacy is secured by not publishing it in public.

Ofcourse the comment on the blog is public and replies are public but we can thank the visitors with a personal note or follow up certain conversation off the record. You don't enter a home as anonymous :p

Ofcourse if someone does not want to disclose his or hers email id tey can always give a bogus id. there is always a way around you see ;)

I agree with sojo. If email ids become public, it could generate a lot of spam and other nuisance.

Sojo Varughese
Sojo Varughese
from Mangalore
14 years ago

An author has a right to require the email ids so as to thank the commenters , follow up the comments if any personally and simply thank the visitors.

I think बालसुब्रमण्यम has given the answer. :) and I always use the way around ;)

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

I think there is no such an option to know the e-mail id of visitor who commented in your blog. According to me Blogger is not having this display.

LockSign in to reply to this thread