Do you think Blogger should revamp it's editor?

Lighthouse Insights
Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

Blogger is a great platform to start but don't you think the editor is pathetic and needs to be changed. What do you think ?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending

Well It has come out with a new design. But it is still in the testing phase. I'm waiting for it. you're right, the current one is really pathetic. And when it was released in 2008 they said it was WYSIWYG but that doesn't really happen.

But good news.

They are going to change the post editor, dashbord, etc. soon.

http://buzz.blogger.com/2011/03/whats-new-with-blogger.html

Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

thanks for that news brings lot of cheer as we have used the platform for couple of months and moving into a new platform is really difficult :). by the way did thet really test the editior when they launched it in 2008 :P

Wink yeah they "tested" the old editor!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The one reason why I shifted from Blogger to a self hosted Wordpress...

Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

yes the apps support for wordpress really makes it cool. may be when we have decent community we might plan to move to a self hosted one but @xeno has given some good news

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Definitely needs some shaking up, but I wont label it pathetic!!! Come on, its not thaaaat bad!
Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

We know Arti, constraint makes creative :) but its been a long due. now atleast writeing, copying in a notepad and then pasting efforts would be solved. @Xeno has give a link where its promised that we are going to have a killer app. http://buzz.blogger.com/2011/03/whats-new-with-blogger.html

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats really good news:)
Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Use desktop blogging tools like Windows Livewriter or other similar alternatives to tackle the limitations of blogger.

Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

yeah Sujith desktop blogging tools is an option but was thinking why blogger was not taking it seriously. for the moment we like the notepad but looking ahead for the blogger's new dahsboard.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I think its simple concept of 'Push-button' publishing is a good starting point for begginers. But it can never help in making a complete website. plus the seo is not very good for blogger.

Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

SEO is something i am not considering for blogger, evenn adding apps is pain and the formating part is not really intresting. anyway since blogger has updated that 2011 is the year for new design so will have to wait and watch :(

LockSign in to reply to this thread