Can you judge the personality of the blogger by his/her blog?

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

Do you think the blog maketh the blogger? Can you make a reading into the personality of a blogger through their blog? How much of the blogger is revealed to the reader when they read the blog?

So give it a shot. Read the blog of the person who commented before you and reveal his/her personality. In a world where the destiny and character is found in the creases of ones palm, the chances of you hitting the right notes by studying an experssion is very high...or is it?

Go on...be the soothsayer

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending

tys, you can edit previous  topic   to this category ,and our start up will be transferred here.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

If an observant insightful alert reader cannot understand the personality of the blogger from the blog, then the blogger is holding his true self back. Sealed

I've only ever read Pramod's very first post and loads of comments here. Judging only from that, I feel Pramod is calm, thoughtful, reflective, takes things slow and easy and loves interacting with people. Mind you, this may not have been the case before the blog but I certainly sense these qualities now. If I'm totally off, please tell me and point me to a few posts you wrote with the opposite energy as evidence! Tongue out

I've read a number of tys' posts but before that I read tys' comments on the forum going back months and years. tys is sharp, clever, concise, devilish and employs sophmoric wit as a shield sometimes. Perhaps there aren't too many other people around who "get" him so he has to "get" himself and his writing is a way to express himself, satisfy his urge to speak and be recognized and understood and finally, to entertain himself. Please let me know if I'm way off.

I did not visit either of your blogs to confirm my opinion so all these comments are based off of vague memories and impressions from days and weeks ago. So please excuse inaccuracies and incomplete observations.

Pundit Commentator, thanks for nice readings. I think you have judged correctly. I think I have to live up to it now, no matter what. I think if you add some rowdy qualities too, it would compensate, just in case sometimes I feel like behaving like that, any given time.

I want to take sometime in judging you. I am yet to digest the nice comments.

I hope I will be able to make justice to my judgement. I couldn't see your pic on your blog, so it will be an ardous task. but I will surely catch you.

cheers

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Take your time PL. I await your comments eagerly but please do read a few posts first. I'm restraining myself from saying too much right now and telling you what I think you're going tell me (hope you followed that). I can't say for sure but I feel I'm either a hard read or a very easy quick read depending on who is reading me - matlab kuch logon ke sar se upar chala jaata hai aur kuch logon ke liye kaafi nahi hai. You can comment on this as well and tell me what you think about my assumption.

This is a wll conceived thread as I see it, and will garner interesting thoughtful readers, insightful, intelligent ones, illuminating indies, giving a new dimension to blogging arena.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Agree!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Pramodji As a regular reader of your blog, I have an impression of you as to what kind of a person you may be in real life... So here it is --

You are humble, down to earth, naturally kind and a very helpful person. You value your relationships very highly and will go through any ordeal for your loved ones. You are an achiever, a go getter, flexible in your opinions, a good listener who understands the opposite persons point of view as well, likes to keep things staright, simple and short, a well read intellectual person who loves quotes, loves to walk down the memory lane often and loves to live life at the fullest!

@Animesh His blog tells me that he is a witty and a stylish person, very determined and focussed in achieving his goals, emotional, original and inventive, can express himself with a clarity and vision thats not very easy to find!

This is my observations of the blogger as I go through their blogs... I hope I have done a good job!

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

O my my, what an observation Arti. Almost true except for a fact that I can express myself with a clarity:(. It is true only when I am writing, in real world, I am bad in that; expressing myself boohoohoo

Great talent in observation Arti Ji, keep it up. Thanks. I have been an avid reader of your blog, I am trying my take in judging you. Please bear with me if I err in it. Your personality is of a devout religious, ghumakkad but not bhulakkad by any means. Journal keeping talent inherited by birth. Very soft at heart. Always ready to go places of religious worth. Immense convincing prowes.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Animesh I should have known, this trait is true with many bloggers around (including myself :( )

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Pramodji Thank you! You are right but I am a big Bhulakkad alsoWink

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My observations of Pramod - Values friendship, Remembers old times (savors them), Is light hearted jovial but doesnt tolerate nonsense, Likes to try out new things, Loves cricket!!! May not be very accurate, pardon of for that... Based on some of the posts that I have read and from a bit of forum replies:)

thanks DS for such nice judgement. you are right on my inaccuracy thing. because I am a careless person in reality.

firstly ds your comment section is not working on your blog. check for the error.

I see you as an intelligent cricket lover with knowledge as such that you may be eating and sleeping cricket.

matching the qualities of my son.

very observant and could benefit the cricket board in decisions too.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My observations of Arti - Loves to travel, loves photography, loves expressing in almost a poetical way, sweet, simple, intellectual... A big heart, respects others opinions, loves good humour!!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot DS... I agree with Pramodji's observations, You LOVE cricket and you dont shy away from giving your opinions on it. You have a strong hold on the subject, read a lot of good articles on the same and are very passionate person.

How did I do?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

BTW, I just left a comment on your blog... I guess you have solved the bug, is it?

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Arti , Adventurous, spiritual , devotional , right spirited , humourous , humble ,intellectual and respectful .  Hope i have covered most points what i have observed .

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Dhiraj I think you did! About you, You are -

Loves to travel places but not alone, Nature-lover, simple, gentle, intelligent, jovial, very helpful that makes you dependable, sincere and talented. This is what I think and I hope I am not wrong :)

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
12 years ago

ohhh people are giving personality explanation by their blogs....can anyone take a pain for me to do the same

tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

actually u need to do for arti and I guess now I will have to do urs...( man, did that sound dirty?)

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

mag(m) : your blog says that you are an impatient, kind of a restless soul. There is also a streak of rebel in you which can be endearing to some but might have landed  you in hot waters sometimes. You are the type who has very few close friends and you are possessive of them. You however have many people who think that they are close to you. You are a volatile person and quick to anger. You can fly off the handle when provoked.

ofcourse this might be what u want to potray to the world as u thru ur blog but i dont think u are that dual..i think ur blog is largely a part of the true u and u let it be shown..

Somebody Somewhere
Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Depends. Thats my answer for everything.

Here is what I found out. Tell me if even 1% of it is right. Wink

Ruhi, you're mature, and responsible and you like to be that way. You often do not go with the flow and like to critically analyze everything that is happening around you. Probably an efficient team worker or team leader. You aren't bound by those invisible threads of social behaviour which makes us behave in a way which we aren't from the inside. You like to speak out. And you don't often mind if few people in the society think that the way you behave is not how you should be behaving. Then somewhere there is a personal side of you which i couldn't decipher much, but it seems quite normal.

Thats it!

Yash Bhatia
Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The blogger above me as of now is Ruhi! Laughing

Looking at her blog, I think that she's very interested in the politics of the country and is a true patriot. And like, Xeno said, a very critical and analytical way of looking at things which sets her blog apart!

And, she's also very poetic, might I add! Laughing

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes by checking out the bloggers posts, comments and activity we can judge how some are desperate to make a mark, some of them claim to be only 4 weeks old but want to dominate the forum.  I find some fake id s are ruling the roost.  By writing only posts about news item and cutting and pasting links of youtube some people want to take the credit that they are great bloggers of repute, they don t have anything on their own to contribute regarding user experience, musings or travelouge, which requires lot of study and research.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@umesh thats an allegation.. Can you please IndiMail me the names of those whom you think are 4 weeks old and claim to rule the forum? Also, if you think u observed some fake ids ruling the roost, its best that you share than information with IndiPolice (via IndiMail of course) so that we can take corretive action. This will only help us keep the forum clean.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hemal i cannot send indimail since your name is not being accepted, if you give your cell or landline i can talk to you regarding the offenders.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Umesh,

Please add me to your network, then we will be able to send IndiMail. Then i can share with you my contact details so that you can call me share the names.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Mr.Umesh, insinuation doesn't help anyone, if you have a complaint then you should report it with links to the evidence you've seen. Also, your comments here are not relevant to this topic. Please send an IndiMail to the IndiPolice so they can look into it!

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Bwahahahaha

Mods - please note second attempt by a well known flamer. :-)

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Now that Umesh has ruined this thread with a nasty bout of trolling, I suggest people who want to continue this fun game in a peaceful supportive manner carry on with a new thread.

Sandhya Sharma
Sandhya Sharma
from Nagpur
12 years ago

Agree....Yes by checking out the bloggers posts, comments and activity we can judge..

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

One can judge the personality of a blogger by reading his blog and analysing it but one can definitely not decide on the personality of that person. A person in this world wishes to have two faces: one is the online face and the other is the offline face. Many people tend to keep these two things separately. Imagine a famous blogger who ahs merged both his online and offline life. And he has many fans in his city itself and one day somehow by God's grace all his fans are in the same shopping mall as is the blogger. Will he evr be able to finish his shopping? The fcat is that a blogger can easily prove to his readers that he is someone other than the real.   Read my post : If time can come to a standstill (Indivine link)

Coming to Pundit Commentator , the name itself reveals that he wishes to comment on every thing that is posted on indiblogger and encouage others. I have visited your blog and the next moment I have closed it. Don't get angry: I hate politics. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Ranjit, Pundit Commentator is a lady Tongue out

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hahaha.

I don't think this counts as a personality guess since you freely admit you did not read the blog. That's a pity btw. While it is not the only subject covered, politics touches every part of your life.

Also, it's "she", not "he".

Oh, and one last thing. There are all kinds of people on earth and while most people are uni-dimensional, many are multi-faceted. So this thread started by tys is just a fun little exercise to support each other as we go about our blogging journey, nothing more. I don't think honest bloggers, especially the ones who write deeply personal blogs, will appreciate being lumped in with the slightly nefarious sounding description you just provided of all bloggers.

Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@ Ranjith: Stop talking about my face.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Hemal, I am Ranjith and not Ranjit  Smile

@ PC Sorry, I am not an expert in deciding the word I should be using - he or she by reading the prifile name  Smile

@ SS How do you think that I can talk about your face when I see somebody's face instead of yours and that too somewhere and not on Earth. By the way, are you an alien?  Smile

Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I did not see that coming!

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Laughing

Nitin
Nitin
from Dubai
12 years ago

Are we discussing the point in context here i.e - 'Can we or can we not judge a person by his blog', or providing the comments, analyzing the bloggers based on his/her blog ! Perhaps hows and whys are more important to discuss in this post !

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Huh?

I can't understand your comment. Could you please rephrase?

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

okie then...

lets regroup here, can we?

where were we at, when we were rudely interrupted? Ah, yes, we were trying to understand each other..

so how about this?..

since it was umesh's comment that kinda derailed this topic, can the next person who replied to him do a personality analysis on him, based on his blog?

I kinda understood what nitin was refering to : the question was can you judge the personality of a blogger thru his /her blog? The idea was to see if we can get it right. Going by the thread of this topic, almost every blogger seems to be what they are in real life as they are in their blog...i doubt that actually...iam sure we are not as sensitive, idealistic, humourous , courageous or creative as we think we are...but what the hell, we all like being said we are.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

OK so if I understand you correctly, you're saying the qualities we see in the writing are just that. I believe I said as much when I analysed PL and you. I said something like "these are qualities that may not have been there before the blog but I certainly sense them now".

I totally agree that the personality that shines through in writing is what we are looking at here. I hope everybody understands there is always a difference between the written word and the spoken word. By definition, the spoken word depends to some extent on the calibre and the style of the other chat partner. This is even true for how you speak on internet chats - observe yourself next time you speak to 2 people who are vastly different or even of different nationalities and you'll know what I mean.

LockSign in to reply to this thread