indipolice failure raising concerns

Interesting melodrama being channeled, by a senior blogger. I am really wondering what concerns are being tried to be shown,and what acheivement one wants to portray.

when a post is put for a contest, failure to catch plagiarized content rests on indipolice, which they failed.

blocking the blogger, his post in the bud would have been called the most sincere and ethical thing, and there would be no embarassments.

why doesn't these people have the guts to say, yes, we failed on this front. and we assure this will not happen again.

one single nabbing has been done there can be many ,and many can come up again.

My feeling is onesided on this point : management should see it as its own shortcoming and try to instill confidence in contests.

All posts should be screened & blocked for plagiarism before voting starts.

once it is  passed it on the platform, it should not be mudslinged, causing utmost embarrasment for each and every participant.

friends plese throw in your views on this dilemma 

1-20
21-24
Replies 1 to 20 of 24 Ascending
Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

With malice towards one and all (By Khushwant Singh Gouri Shanker Gupta):

1. Those who do not know the original authors' names: Go, read the post again

2. Those who do not know about freedom of speech: Go, read part III of the Constitution of India

3. Those who think forum is a private place: Go, check out the definition again

4. Those who think criticism is bad: Go, check out why you should love it

5. Those who think criticizers should be thrown out: Go read it again, if you didn't get it properly the first time (pay special attention to the second point: "Please respect other bloggers on the forum, keeping in mind that they have a right to an opinion as much as you do.")

6. Those who don't know the difference between a man and a fly: Man can never fly like a fly no matter whosoever sponsors his flight tickets; A fly does not have a conniving mind like that of a man

7. Those who don't know the spelling of 'thief': Go, get your school fee refunded

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

With malice towards one and all – By Khushwant Singh *struck off* Gouri Shanker Gupta):

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

You have every right to demand equal treatment and I'm very glad you are.

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

Two thumbs up @Gouri

Excellent shot. Gouri ,hail!,hail!hail
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

B*****shing is featuring as some profanity, guys pl correct it...it is on auto mode

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Brand ishing is the word why it is getting censured

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Umesh its the every so awesome C l b u t t i c Mistake.. of the IndiBlogger word filte. Now Brand-ishing is not a bad word, but "r a n d i" is and which means "p r o s t i t u t e"

Sorry, but we wish that it stays that way.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

oh by the way, that word is a part of brand-ishing. so apologies for talking of that word so open. it was only to let you know.

Try the word (n egro)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Mangal Pandey united ester India to fight the British Divide and Rule,

Saurav Ganguly mobilised a bunch of ordinary willow b*****shing players,

Into a team of World Cup Winning bunch of Indian team under Dhoni,

Now Saurav Pandey has united Indibloggers against Plagiarism like never before.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I too have a gr8 faith in Indi management team, they are gr8 set of youngsters, some of them have associated with good corporates, and they have a gr8 model on hand.  None of the high profile forums have established in the blogsphere as Indiblogger, despite being sponsored by deep pockets.  I am sure all members will forget the slip up and move on.  Let us bury the past in deep sea....or ocean and start our journey towards bliss.  Remember this poem by Robert Frost

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,But I have promises to keep,And miles to go before I sleep,And miles to go before I sleep.

Thumbs up, umesh Ji,
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I will like to also contribue my composition.. here too.. @Umesh Smile

Let the emotions flow,

After hitting the heafty blow,

A theif who ruts out anger,

And now aware of the Danger,

Everyone is up in arms,

For he has lost his charm,

Go in deep and read the shit,

Let us kick his goddamn bullshit!!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Anyways a good wake up call Pramod, i admire your frank and free expression, i believe sometimes one gets buried with too many activities that some take advantage of the situation. Moreover we as members should point out to decision makers, which is ultimately the promoters vide Indimail, or cell call or email regarding things which are going wrong.  I am happy at the cost of being insulted and flamed you have raised the topic.  Good work.

Thanks Umesh Ji, This sad situation wouldn't have arisen if all posts were nabbed in posting time itself. This management did boldly accepted as a failure, which is seldom seen, anywhere, I am sincerely all praises to the management on this brave feat. But I may be wrong, but I felt great shame and disgust the way hurt was passed on. That's all. Every one is free to have their own attitudes and views on this. I just wished to remind the word "Humane" My memory is short.
Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Everyone here is flaming indiblogger and Renie on their own forum! Renie and the Indiblogger team does not haev to take this, they can kick them out of this place like a fly out of a soup! But, they don't do it. Indiblogger is still giving a chance to everyone who is a part of this community to speak freely.

Addy, that's like indipolice. Feel free and do as you wish. You have the powers. Go ahead on a shooting spree.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 Mate. Thats why we all love IndiBlogger.. dont we?

Friends, I humbly thank all members including management for patiently and eloquently throwing light on grave concern that had plagued the forum recently. It nailed, it buried, it left some, ( mercy shown at last for a select few ) with a strong resolve, to be taken care at a Later date. Motto of Indie: castrate all plagiarists.
Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
12 years ago

+1

Thanks Vyshnavi Ji
Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 Pg

Thanks A,
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+ 1 + 1 +1 Pramod..

Thanks Hemal,
Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Exactly Addy. I finally spoke up when too many people flamed Renie for no fault of his. He did everything correctly in this case.

Thank you for noticing and pointing out that early comments here say nothing about Sourav, yell at Indiblogger for putting up a blog and then pretend as if they had said Sourav is wrong all along. Ha! It appears disgruntlement is due to personal sentiments and preference of style more than a matter of principle.

It takes a lot to start a community and keep it going. I don't like seeing the creator maligned for no reason and no fault of his.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

One more thing, the corporate angle:

Everybody here seems to be forgetting about the fact that Sourav Pandey's actions esp relating to the contests could do potential grave damage to the credibility, viability and marketability of Indiblogger to corporate sponsors in the future.

Instead of sweeping the matter under the rug, Renie told the bold step to throw a transparent light on affairs and own up to mistakes and made promises to put in systems to fix problems like this. This raises the level of respect for Indiblogger in my eyes, and in any decent corporate sponsor's eyes. This allows IndiBlogger to continue to exist and grow and monetize.

Or do you want Indiblogger to shut down?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@PC yes this was a brave move and it will be lauded in the future. For sure no one wants IndiBlogger to shut down, yes except for those who are in favor of Sourav Pandey.

Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Indiblogger is accepting its mistake! It is a very bold step indeed! Question is can other people at fault do the same?

And I don't get it, people are flaming indiblogger for going harsh on Sourav. Although it has been made clear that a personal phone call was made before going public. Nobody is blaming Sourav for what he did! How can you justify that?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good points Addy.
Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
12 years ago

After going through all the comments here.... its quite clear that "you know who" ( I hate to say his name) has won nearly 50K or 1.5L (or whatever) by using someone else's creativity. 

I feel this huge amount of money might have also been one of the motivations for "you know who's" activities....

Instead of rewarding winners with money, why not Indiblogger try to reward these awesome writers with something which can be cherished only by those who have the passion for writing. (This is just a suggestion and kindly apologize if you feel this is irrelevant)...

I was once an ardent follower of indi-blogger... Before all these contests and rewards started... During the early stages of Indivine.... But lately I am not able to blog or visit indivine.... So I am not sure what's happening around here... Suddenly came through this link on facebook and wanted to have a look.. 

"It has been said that the love of money is the root of all evil. " And I feel plagiarism is evil too.....

So kindly try to avoid the money factor. 

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

A solid suggestion it is, Shankar, and I second it. Money is one root of that evil, another is the infantile craving for acceptance, here, in blogosphere in the form of wanting as many followers as one can have.

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
12 years ago

After going through all the comments here.... its quite clear that "you know who" ( I hate to say his name) has won nearly 50K or 1.5L (or whatever) by using someone else's creativity. 

I feel this huge amount of money might have also been one of the motivations for "you know who's" activities....

Instead of rewarding winners with money, why not Indiblogger try to reward these awesome writers with something which can be cherished only by those who have the passion for writing. (This is just a suggestion and kindly apologize if you feel this is irrelevant)...

I was once an ardent follower of indi-blogger... Before all these contests and rewards started... During the early stages of Indivine.... But lately I am not able to blog or visit indivine.... So I am not sure what's happening around here... Suddenly came through this link on facebook and wanted to have a look.. 

"It has been said that the love of money is the root of all evil. " And I feel plagiarism is evil too.....

So kindly try to avoid the money factor. 

I am surprised that a blogger has the guts to copy and feels no one will find it out.

i saw both the posts mentioned above as original and his.

both the posts are published in a month's difference.  did anyone look at the published dates? am confused as to who published it first...

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I don't have Rs. 50,000 or 1.5 lacs or whatever the claimed damage is, to donate/compensate to indiblogger but here are my 2 cents:

1. If the reaction is triggered due to monetary loss, then legal action without involving other members of the indiblogger community would have been more appropriate since it would, in such case, be between the accusor and the accused.

2. If the reaction is triggered due to the 'trust factor' as claimed, then it's high time Indiblogger set its priorities right.

I am a member of Indiblogger. My post was plagiarized. And you know what? Indiblogger was linking 'officially' to the the plagiarized post. Absolutely no complaints because I'm confident Indiblogger was not aware of it. I tried to bring it to Indiblogger's notice through my comments in the same thread. Waited for a few days, no reply. Again, no complaints, since I fully understand the workload of such a huge community.

I too had workload but it was more urgent for me than Indiblogger. So I started a separate thread for this. But was it only my issue? Had Indiblogger nothing to do with it? I didn't even hear a word of acknowledgement. Worse still, Indiblogger doesn't even have time to correct the link it provided to the plagiarized article. You can still see it in this thread.

Now the point is, on one hand you have a member shouting at the top of his voice against plagiarism and you are least bothered about it. On the other hand, you have people who are not part of Indiblogger, who are not complaining you or asking you for help, and you go out of your way to bring the accused to book, through a whole official blog post dedicated to it, when you have the option of discussing the matter on the forum, but you consider it so urgent that you waste no time in barring the accused from the forum without even giving him an opportunity of being heard publicly/transparently on the forum.

3. When you find somebody guilty, you can take 2 stances – 'I will let you off after a sincere and heart felt apology' or 'I want to hang you till death'. Now we will have divided opinions on this and we can't unanimously say one is right or the other is wrong. But if you prefer to take the latter instance, you should not try to disguise it as the former. I mean when you have totally ruined the poor chap at the very first opportunity you had, what kind of apology do you expect?

4. Personally, I believe in giving a culprit at least one opportunity to correct himself/herself and move on in life. Imagine what would you do if the culprit happened to be your son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother/somebody you love..

5. In view of my philosophy in point 4 above, I found the plagiarism/accusation/post saddening. Even more saddening was the aura of excitement/merriment surrounding the post. So many comments on the post but I wonder why nobody noticed this error in the post:

Original author for exhibit #3 is modnar-redrosid and original author for exhibit 4 is andthenyou. When we have different authors, how come we have same original author's reaction for these two?

Now don't misunderstand me. I know this is a genuine error. But the question is how come nobody bothered to correct it?

suraj78
from Latur
12 years ago

+1 last point is worth!

well stated Gouri, double standards have to be done with. excellent statement.

thumbs up.

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

@Gouri - Good points there. On 2, in matters as grave as this, instead of and/or in addition to raising it up on the forum, shoot a mail regarding the same utilizing contact us/get support, that you find at the bottom of the page, to ensure prompt response from the Team.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Okay @Gouri I take your word that IndiBlogger did not respond to you for your issue.

But the culprit there, @Mohan himself came ahead, apologized and he assured that he removed your post. Further down, he came and answered all your questions calmly. he also pulled the website down. Though it was linking from IndiVine, now does not have any point.

On what you said about giving an chance, Renie called up Sourav personally before he went public with this. According to Renie, Sourav kept on saying that he cannot prove that other authors had copied his work at first place. He was not ready to own up that he copied. All Renie had asked is to apologize to his fans and readers for coping the content.

So I think that was a fair change that was given. When he refused to oblige and agree that he copied, IndiBlogger decided to go Public.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

*So I think that was a fair chance that was given. When he refused to oblige and agree that he copied, IndiBlogger decided to go Public.

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hemal, I too take your words. If you say chance was given, okay I agree it was given. But we are forgetting the basic principle of judgement here:

Judgment must not only be fair but should also look fair.

I still feel, the matter should have been discussed on forum before disabling the accused's ID and not on a comment moderated blogpost where the accused can come back anytime saying his/her comments were censored/modified.

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

man! does this mean i will get into trouble if i use pictures from the net? Am i supposed to ask permission? if so from who? damn , i will now have to delete shakeela chechi's picture and take one by myself...i doubt if she will let me...so how do u use the pics? is just an acknowledgement enuf?

btw, theres no way i will pay 10,000 for it...rather go to jail and become someone's girlfriend

tys, your intricate jovial nature and way of putting things is just miraculous.

suraj78
from Latur
12 years ago

+1

tys +10,000

there you go.

Now you can pay for it.

xeno, can't see the green notes

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
we need guys like tys to makes smile.. +1 @tys
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe it is a good expose and lesson for us all. Plagiarism is a huge subject matter. One cannot keep churning out posts after posts on any subject matter without painstaking research. Basically blogging cannot be profession for any individual, since it is not a paid form of human endeavour. Unless we consider contests and rewards which are indirect means of earning. I believe whenever a contest is announced due diligence has to be applied before awarding the winner. This is the only solution.

I am sure Saurav will realise his folly and be man enough if he has committed the transgression to accept and move on in life. After all one should not claim credit for work which is not original or inspired. It will be injustice to the original creator.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This is shocking and upsetting at the same time Frown. I hope proper concrete steps are taken to ensure such malpractices never see the light of the day again Ever in future.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

IndiBlogger is doing it right from here on.. its a lesson learnt but very sadly

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Never thought would see such a day on Indiblogger, you guys are doing your best, understand the workload that you have...
Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

OMG..Just came across the post. It's really shocking. Surprised I was very much impressed with his writing style especially the poems. He even copied the poems also...

His post

Original

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

yes Sujit.. came as a shocker to everyone of us as well...

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Well this is shocking news! Also disappointing! I was away from the blogosphere for quiet some time, so had few clue about all this. IndiTeam has done their job of investigating and the justics shall be done!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Hey folks, let me clarify a few things here...

@Pramod, I agree that we should have caught this in the beginning. I make no excuses on that front. The IndiPolice had nothing to do with it, we have not yet integrated IndiPolice with IndiVine. Henceforth, we will be checking every post that comes in for a contest.

The reason for putting this up on the blog (and not the forum) was so that his readers, the original authors and Sourav himself would be able to comment.

As Lakshmi put it, it's not only about the contests he won, it's the trust factor. Sourav was a member everyone here knew. I myself have had many a friendly conversation with him, so to find out that he was hoodwinking IndiBlogger, the community and every organization we ever worked with is something we have to take very seriously. And as for having a chance to explain himself, Eon had given him fair warning and I spoke to him before putting up the post. He still maintained that it was taken from an old blog of his own that has now been deleted. We would not have put up that post if we were even slightly unsure, as we've been investigating this for more than a week now... Frown

Thanks Renie, I know it's an arduous task and all bloggers here think highly of indie team and likewise their expectations are high. I do not advocate plagiarism, but The manner in which it was highlighted looked wicked in all aspects. A person tarnishing image of someone gains nothing by it but dooms the person thus inflicted.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Pramod its not to tarnish an image, its to change the perciption of others who are being served copied content without any credit to its original author. to top it all, he claimed innocent. He has won more than 1.5 lacs in prize money from IndiBlogger alone. People trusted his work and some one else's work gained him the popularity.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

I don't understand why anybody would see this as a personal attack on the copycat!

Indiblogger has made no allegations. Indiblogger has made no attacks. Indiblogger did the legwork, put together the information and exposed the crime.

Pl note Renie merely asked for restitution. Renie did not even say "you are not banned" or anything like that. Renie left space for the accused to provide explanation and apologies and make amends. What more or less do you guys want Renie to do?

If I were one of the authors who got copied, I'd be boiling mad and I'd want nothing less than a public shaming AT THE VERY LEAST. If there was money involved, I may even take the matter further.

I make no comment on specificities of THIS case since I only joined 2-3 weeks ago and was not here for the contests, voting, threads and "trust factor" phase. But as you all may have realized from my previous comments on previous copycat threads and the fact that i was the first person to comment on the blog and i immediately posted a message here on Sourav Pandey's Alexa review thread, I take this matter very very seriously. I advocate very harsh steps. But the point of view of the wronged authors is always different to each person. Ultimately, re: Indiblogger, it is all in Renie's hands. And he is doing a fantastic job, given his workload.

Pundit Commentator, please read the top concern that was raised, with a cool mind then try and throw in your precious findings.

you are jumping to conclusions without full reading of the matter.

I would personally  highly appreciate that. 

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@PL: I know you can't hear me or recognize tone over internet, especially since you don't know me at all and you are not a regular reader of my writing. So, first, I have remind you none of this particular case concerns me at all in any way so naturally, I haven't lost my cool!

Again, I repeat that I take the crime of plaigirizing very seriously - anybody who has observed my activity on the forum past few weeks would know I comment on every single such thread asking what did you do, what steps did you take, what happened? There were two such threads before today - gouri's discovery and another girl's old thread which I revived by asking "So what happened with this? What did you do?".  Before I revived it, there was only comment commiserating with the author, saying, oh what a sad thing. NOTHING ELSE. No tagging Renie. No actions, no steps, no investigation, no blog posting, no public expose, no apology, no banning. 

Reading your original post here starting the thread again as you instructed, I see nothing new since I wrote my previous comment. The point you're telling Renie to which I reacted here in order to defend Renie is the difference between you and me: You do not advocate public expose. I do. I believe it is nothing else than essential. How else are we to set the record straight and let the deceived readers know the copycat is a copycat? How else are we to correct the harm? It is the very first necessary step, for me, if I were the wronged author. If I were the wronged author, I would not accept a simple deletion. It is up to each of us what we wish to do to correct the wrong done to us, within legal bounds. That is why I told Gouri I hope you are able to resolve this as you want and as you agree with the copycat. And I also said, if I were Inditeam, I'd be very worried at how my members were reacting. I said nothing more at that time because it was Gouri's case, not mine. Har ek aadmi ki baat alag hoti hai. Again, I said nothing when Mohan came forward and everybody was OK with him just deleting and apologizing, including Gouri. That case was in Gouri, Mohan and Inditeam's hands.

Here, again, I make no specific comment on this case. It is not my case. I am not the copycat. I am not the wronged author. I am not even the loser of a contest who feels hurt. I am not even a reader of Sourav Pandey's blog. I am not even Inditeam. I am not even Indimoderator or Indipolice. Is sab maamle mein mera koi haath nahi hai, na koi fayda, na koi nuksan.

I only spoke up to defend Renie from this charge "the manner in which it was highlighted looked wicked in all aspects" because I do not believe Renie is wicked and I do not believe Renie did anything wicked by exposing the wrong-doing. If he had not done it, he would not have been doing his job and he would have lost my respect. He has won my respect today and thus, earned himself an intelligent, articulate, observant, truth loving, detail oriented, fair minded ardent defender for his actions where I believe he is well within his rights and responsibilities and personal judgement.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@pc i think just a bit of verbiage change will be good.. well not enuf grown up judge the language, but wish you can be a bit more polite. We are not here to fight. If that was the case, then we might call this a INDIMUD instead. :P again not taking anyone side, request you all to be at peace. Promod's is a genuine concern as he is against violent protests and yours is for it, as far as palg. Is concerned. But for that difference of opine, rquest you to pls dont use the harsh tone. Apologize if you felt i said was wrong, but humbly request you to consider this as a request from a younger brother. Hail IndiBrotherhood!!

Pundit Commentator, This is finding on plagiarism on wikipedia. 

"plagiarism is not a crime but is disapproved more on the grounds of moral offence.,

Plagiarism remains tolerated by 21st century artists."

If it was such issue that any person is to be brought to shame in the manner, it has been done, my heart does cry for the poor soul.

http://plagiarismguide.blogspot.com/2007/12/plagiarism-is-not-crime.html 

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@hemal:

This entire thread is full of very choice words for Inditeam/Indiblogger and you are picking on the one person who has nothing to do with anything and only stepped in to defend Renie out of the goodness of my heart and out of respect for his credibility and responsibility and duty and action????

Somebody else calls renie "wicked" and you call me impolite for providing a stellar defence.  Major WTF.

If somebody does not recognize or is not used to grammatically correct, high quality, crisp, concise, detailed, factual, truthful, point by point debate and discussion, that is none of my concern. Why should I speak badly on purpose?

You will never find incorrect confusing usage of English vocabulary, cloudy half-baked thoughts or double-speak from me on this forum, especially not during a touchy sensitive debate/discussion. I know when to keep quiet and when to speak - I have monitored this thread all day but only spoken once. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I also walk the talk. [Where were all of Mohini's "friends" when she quit out of disgust? Why was I the only person who spoke up for her on principle, despite not being a reader of her blog or a "friend" on the forum. No matter what the situation, I stand for principles and ethics and I call a spade a spade. It does not matter to me what the personal politics of it all is. That, my fellow blogger, is known as integrity. By the way, I do not care for imposed relationships. I have my own family, thank you.]

Please do not impose your incorrect perceptions upon me. Renie has already read my comments and thanked me privately for my "kind words" and "support", as he put it.

If you can't recognize the wheat from the chaff, you will never be able to appreciate the significance of my choice of substance and style here.

These are serious matters we are discussing - Indiblogger creator has been called "wicked" and lots more ("runs like indian govt???") just for doing his job correctly and protecting and serving the interests of his members - remember it could be me or you next time - and it is important to remain neutral and factual and impartial and brutally honest. I have nothing to do with any of this so I have no emotions about any of this - I am so cool you think I'm harsh! lol.

Anyhow, I have given you neutrality, facts, honesty, and a strong point of view in favour of the existing and collective honest members in the future.  Those with integrity and good judgement will recognize this.

As Renie says, Keep Blogging.

pundit commentator, I apologize to you sir, with immense humiliation, on statement which you construed as "I am calling renie, wicked. I had implied only actions looked that way, thats all. please do forgive me , sir. 

I am really sorry to renie too , if he is offended in any manner, I never meant that way.  

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@PL

Reg: Plaigirism, it is theft of the most valuable possession of all - my thoughts, my inner voice, my soul, my self. If that's not a crime, I don't know what is.

I am not a sir, btw. I am a lady. Please don't apologize to me. You have every right to say what you feel, however ill-advised, and I have every right to contradict it if I feel otherwise. Let both parties present fact free from prejudice and let the chips fall where they may.

I know that if I were Renie, I would feel very hurt reading some of the negative reactions and lack of appreciation and gratitude on this thread. I would have expected honest members to recognize their own self interest if nothing else and support Renie's actions.

After all, why should Renie continue in a thankless job if his own members do not recognize and appreciate his integrity, honesty, respect, consideration and correct action with regard to one found copycat case. Renie is understaffed and is not on the forum so future wronged authors please do contact him directly if you want proper action.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

By the way @PL, your quote has no relevance here. Nobody here is a celebrity 21st century artist who only gains from plaigarization since it brings more fame and media articles and papparazzi and tabloids and teenagers and everything else that goes along with talent.

Plaigarization of a blogger's work, esp a personal blogger is a very very serious offence. It is saying you are x when in fact you are c. That is a big lie and betrayal to your readers.

It is not like tech blogs where Indian bloggers create simpler easier to understand how to websites off of european and american sites. I've even seen one Indian tech how to site recommending this as a way to get an idea for a post!!!

So again, I have no sympathy for the person who steals the very essence of me: my spirit. That person should be publically shamed at the very least.

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Suraj

It is not just the money but the trust factor that IndiBlogger as a team and community had over each other.

Many bloggers trusted the platform and the genuiness of the contest and the contestants and participated in it. It is betraying them.

From the hall of fame and the contest pages, Indiblogger (i assume with all that has happened) will remove his credits , and that will raise questions from other bloggers and IndiTeam should be answering that too. So this post would explain that.

Third, This post will atleast prevent or make people think twice in  any further such mal practices in the future contest and blogging practices.

suraj78
from Latur
12 years ago

If it was about plagiarism and trust in the community then why werent such stern reactions being raised when the indimoderator himself was prooved guilty of plagiarism?

Also now I think IndiMod deserve more guilty than that guy because they declared winner with blind eyes.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Suraj Mohan is not a moderator. He is a IndiPolice, a member of the forum just like everyone else bt with responsibility.

And He came up with an apology and also ensured that he didnt do it intentionally.

Read Saurav's reply on the IndiBlogger offical blog and this is the same reply he has given to the IndiBlogger team when they personally called up to come clean.

http://blog.indiblogger.in/2011/05/04/plagiarism-the-scourge-of-bloggers-everywhere/

suraj78
from Latur
12 years ago

@hemal I am not advocating Saurav or anyone, I got clear idea now that indiblogger is not working properally it became like indian government, partiality, fame and many other things.

I hardly remember any good  discussion about blogging on this site. At last nothing worth to learn about blogging here.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Suraj78

Its a view we would love to change. I am not talking on behalf of the IndiBlogger team, I am talking myslef. Thsi platform has given me so much more that I cant but just be thankful. And I support the IndiTeam of what they have done.

Some of you said that Gouri's issue (i will be specific) was not taken up in a big way coz first, Mohan didnt had won a contest and most importantly, he came up with a personal apology.

He did share this side of the story, but to the end, he removed his second blog altogether. The Second blog http://www.techiez.net/ now does not exist. He communitated well, was apologitic about it as well. He cleared that he personally wont have done that, but it was a group blogging site that he created.

Well I am not sure about that last comment though. I have learnt a lot from here personally and am here to know more. Some of your topics have helped me, some of Rohans too have gave me some knowledge. That doesnt mean this place stale. Any good discussion has to come from the bloggers itself, and IndiBlogger team cannot be running the show alone. Its a team effort of IndiBlogger and its Members, US...

Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Suraj IndiTeam has done its job well! Late yes maybe, but they did uncover the truth, the orginal author Eon Heath agrees (comment on indiblogger blog post).

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 @ Hemal and Addy, learnt so much here and made so many good friends here too... Love Indiblogger:)
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

@Addy orginal author Eon Heath? Yet another case of plagiarism or Am I missing something? :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Gouri Addy missed an "and"

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hemal, I have seen you providing irrelevant/incorrect/misleading information on the forum (this thread for example). But never thought you'd go this extent.

If I didn't know Addy well, then may be I would have bought your erroneous theory. But since I know him well and am one the fans of his writing style (2 of his pieces I still remember are his blogpost on men's fairness cream and the review of Mohan's blog in one of the threads on the forum), your reply comes as an insult on his English writing skills. Here is why:

This is the exact part of the sentence:

"...the orginal author Eon Heath agrees (comment on indiblogger blog post)"

Now put your 'and' at the place where you meant to put it and the sentence becomes gramatically incorrect. Don't you see 'agrees' at the end? It clearly shows that he meant to refer to one person only.

If you don't get the above point, don't try to break your head over it. Just think of it logically. Tell me which original author had commented on the post at that time.

While my comment was a friendly poke at Addy to which I expected a witty reply in his own unique style, you spoilt the whole fun.

1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread