Followers/Email subscribers How many do you have?

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I was checking my Google feedburner subscribers today and found out that I have 52 subscribers (Cool) But the problem is that only 32 of them have verified their subscriptions while the rest have forgotten to complete of the final step thus do not receive the email notificationsFrown

Does Feedburner provide any way by which I can send them a reminder mail to verify their pending subscriptions and start receiving updates of my blog posts?

Also I would like to know, just out of curiosity, how many total active subscribers/ followers do you have for your blog  Smile 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Got Help, only answer the curiosity question now :)
Replies 1 to 20 of 63 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Arti,

I am sorry I dont have an idea about it..

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Now that's one brilliant question from me ;)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

But Anyways, how many active subscribers you have for your blog Hemal?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hehe I dont have any!! Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

lol! Don't have an email subscribtion widget in you blog...?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Na, I dont think so! Innocent coz i never cared to look in to that.. i dont even think every one will be religiously following either. YEs, there are a few and I appreciate them who come back to your blog and every time they find somthing new, they post it!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I ment, comment on it.. sorry, wrote in a hurry..

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its not for us, its something we as an owner of a website/blog offer for the convenience of those readers who want to stay updated on what's happening on our blogs and prefer emails for that over anything else.

About whether they religiously follow or not, I really don't care coz I actually cant do anything about it! I have done my job of letting them subscribe via emails, I am happy..after that the ball rolls in their court!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Smile really a good thing to do then i guess..

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup many people prefer that way too:)
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Geee... I found out that my feedburner has actually 25 subcribers Wink

http://feeds.feedburner.com/hemal/indianomics

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats nice:-)
Aditya Kumar Nayak
Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Nope. You cant do it through feedburner.BUt there is a workaround but its something a lot of subscribers might not be comfortable with. You can export you email list and then email them bu uploading the excel file. Atleast a few of them will respond. My email list has 220+ on one blog and 90+ on another. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a ton Aditya for the info. I wish there was some way within feedburner itself. If there is a possibibility of this method causing any inconvinience to the subscibers then I did better leave as it is at the present situation.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And your subscriber numbers are just WOW! Keep it going Aditya :)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My email is derebail2008@gmail.com and i have 16 followers if you consider it as subscribers....

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That is really good Umeshji but haven't you put up the email subscription widget in your blog? Many people actually prefer to follow blogs via emails.

20 followers. 1 feed reader.

But yeah, i get a hell lotta more page views than that on the days when i publish a blogpost! Like i didn't reach >1400 pageviews in 2 months! Cool

Sorry for bragging there! Embarassed Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats great Xeno, keep it upCool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And ya, No sorries accepted, You will be punished for bragging in the forum! Your punishment, uhmmm...Give your lone feed reader to meLaughing

Okay Arti! Deal! I give you my lone feed-reader and you give me your 52 feedreaders.. How is that? Good deal na?? No need to thank me! I'm always very altruistic and fair!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hehe :-D:-D Okies deal:):)

lol! Arti did you really do that? I checked now... it shows that i've got 24 feed readers and 21 subscribers!!! whoa!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Be Happy now Xeno:) Aam Khao Guthli Mat Gino :):)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

But I do hope you didnt hack my account Surprised  Lemme Check...........

Nope! All my subscribers intact! So Congrats Xeno Laughing

jeez.. thanks!! I'm still astonished!

Nidhi Kush
Nidhi Kush
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Arti...Just posted the "Follow by email" widget couple of days back...(am still learning the tips and tricks :) ) have 3 subscriptions so far....hoping to get more!! lets see!!

However I had another thought in mind...would the email subscritions reduce the number of page views?? What do you think about this?

Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

No really. coz not many people take the trouble to visit your blog everyday. but if their are on your email list they are atleast in touch with your blog and may come to the blog in a blog to leave a comment.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have a solution Nidhi - You can provide a short summary of your content and direct your subscribers to your Web site for the rest of the story, kind of a teaser. That way you dont lose the hits plus you let your subscribers stay connected as well!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Go to Optimize -> Summary Burner (Last In Services section) and customize the number of words you want to send to the reader and activate that service!

Nidhi Kush
Nidhi Kush
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hmm... I get your point. Thanks Aditya!

Nidhi Kush
Nidhi Kush
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey thats a great suggestion Arti....Thanks a ton! Will try it out....Blogger is down today.. :( hopefully the next time i am able to sign in.. :)

Thank you..

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats got nothing to do with blogger Nidhi, You can log in to your feedburner account even now :)

Nidhi Kush
Nidhi Kush
from Bangalore
12 years ago

uh oh! seems like i have got lots to learn.. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
When I was new even I did not know of all this... Even today I am handicapped against most technical things, but no worries... Slowly we get a hang of important things and thats more than enough:):)
Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
12 years ago

Just 19 followers...and for the first time I saw my feedburner stats..Thanks to @Arti Smile

I hv 24 subscribers, but interestingly none is Email subscriber, and 6 are even unknown to Google! Wink

One more thing... I have a 3lac+ Alexa rank now, a dip of 1lac in months when I started seeing a rise in visitors and pageviews! Anybody copying this discrepancy?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
24 subscribers but no email subscribers?? I didnt get your point:-( Also it is not a discrepency, the more visitors the lesser your alexa rank... Lower alexa is better not higher!!
Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I have 1 person who checks my blog daily. Even my co-author doesn't swing by. LOL

any suggestions?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
How old is your blog?
Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Well, technically around a year old. But I'be really only been active for barely 2 weeks. My comment was meant on a lighter note.

now seriously...My co-authors don't visit, but they have valid reasons. one has been kidnapped by aliens, the second is pretending to be with the first (to avoid his wife) and the third is too busy touching himself in ways that need not be mentioned in a public forum. See, so many problems for my blog! *sigh*

Just saw your blog. Very nice pic of you. The one where you are pretending to be a village woman. Nice "get-up", I say. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Haha Rumbaho! Nice sense of humour you have! All I can say for your blog is ALL THE BESTTongue out

And BTW that pic is not mine, LOL! That is indeed of a village woman! Laughing 

lol! After a long time I;m seeing someone come up with humor like that on Indiblogger. Love it! Give us some more!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Xeno plus 1 :)
Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

glad I could get a laugh out of you guys. I wouldn't have an icecube's chance in hell of having a humor blog if I couldn't get a few smiles now and then, eh?

So, can someone pls tell me a good way to get to 1000 followers?

errr, does anyone on IB have 1000 followers or say, 200 unique visitors a day? Which blogs do have those kind of numbers? Can you post links of those outside of IB members?

How many visitors per day would be satisfactory to people here?

Am I hijacking this thread?

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hey Arti as Aditya said you can mail them but that is not a good Idea better embed your email form inside your post to increase your subscribers,you can also offer them any free ebook you can create instead of subscribing they should know what they will get after subscribing in any form and trust me it really works

I have good number of email subscribers after I lost my 500 when was playing with feed shift :( and 900+ followers

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

having 900 followers is great , neeraj. !

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
900! Well thats quite a number! Go for 1000 soon!
jaynth busi
jaynth busi
from guntur
12 years ago

i got 7followers..... but blogger is showing on 6 in the blog !!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Try another browser or reload your page.
Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

It happens sumtime nothing to worry about the thing every blogger must be concern about is the content rest every1 will start following

Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

sadly i have no one in the email subscriptions list Frown except one person thats me. I had activated that as a trial to see if the emails actually reach readers when the site is updated!! Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@Cindrella haha, yes thats something we all tend to do;-) And about having only a lone subscriber, dont worry! Give it some time, I am sure the number will increase with time :-)
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

Yes arti, you are right!! now it has increased to 3 confirmed feed readers!!Smile plus more than 10 of them have forgot to confirm their subscription!! that is sad  thoughFrown

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Good going, Cindrella :) Yep its sad... I dont know if they do not want to confirm, then why do they subscribe in the first place? :(

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

Now this is wierd what happened!!Innocent The number of subscribers shown in feed burner summary was 3 till 4th July. Now it has shoot up to 51Cool!!

Is that some spam or something???? Anyone else experienced something like that??? The number of confirmed email subscribers is still 3.  Does the number of followers using the google friend connect influence the number of subscribers shown by the feed burner summary??

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup this is weird! And the google friend connect has no bearing on the feedburner stats... The two are not related.
Alia
Alia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi!

I have 99 Followers for my blog...waiting for my century! :(

And I have 81 Email subscribers!

Alia

My Blog | My Page | Tweet

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nervous nineties, eh? Good going! Hope you hit the century mark soon ;-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I have 2 followers :-( But then I dont promote my blog at all!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Good 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You should promote your blog a bit more, the content during the World Cup was Awesome:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Arti, My followers have doubled!!! Its 4 now!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

A 100% increase! That's wonderful! Smile

Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have got 5 readers. And I am sure majority of them reads it :)

Because one of them is my test account, The other is my wife's and the third one is the account of my internet avatar.

Oh well, it is so depressing. I will just go and write a humorous post..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Depressing and Sairam, Never! And on the positive side, You do have two readers there :)

Sreyasi SenGupta
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Laughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Foot in mouth

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
12 years ago

I have 39 followers, 47 feed subscribers and 118 followers on FB

Regards<a href="http://aashishsood.blogspot.com/">Wandering Thoughts</a>

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Good thing.

HTML typed in the text area will be interpreted as normal text. To insert HTML click the HTML button or simply use teh insert link button.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats good going Aashish!

LockSign in to reply to this thread