How about an Indivine vote up button for blogs?

Aditya Kumar Nayak
Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I am new to the forum and find that sometimes people just voteup some posts without reading them on indivine and even if we do go the the blog to read, it is too much of an effort to come back and vote up and that is probably wy not many people do it.

So how about we have an Indivine button for blogs? something like the Digg or Stumble upon button you can place on your site. So if someone likes your post they can just vote it up from there instead of having to come to indiblogger first, searching for your submission and then voting it up? Also, it will increase the visibility of indiblogger. 

How do you like the idea?

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+5 Superb idea, Aditya! Inditeam are you listening?

Amogh
from Pune
12 years ago

yeah superb idea! :D

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Pehle mujhe Facebook like button dalne do, phir Indiblogger button bhi daal denge. ;-) Seriously, though, I don't know what's wrong. The FB like button code dialogue box just won't show up for me ever since I re-designed my blog so I can't re-install it. :(

same here! i dunno what is the problem.. tried a lot of tweaks n all.. but the full box with the like button just doesnt appear.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Xeno.

Really? You too?

So good to hear I'm not the only one with this tech glitch. Man, I wish I could get it to work. :-(

Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Can you tell me the exact error? if you want I can help you with it. And also Xeno.. you can send me an indimail with the exact details

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Aditya:

Hey, thanks for the offer. Two people tried to help earlier today but the fb developer page just refuses to provide a code for my url, no matter who punches it in from what browser. I explained it step by step on my blog review thread to Rahul Malhotra who offered help. :-(

thanks Aditya added you to my network.

I followed all the steps... they gave me the code.. even the preview was okay.. but then the box doesn't appear on my blog.. only the facebook header appears.. no like button or anything.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@aditya:

Don't worry about me. Abhi bthegeek managed to get me the code. Not sure how?

Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@pundit.. nice!@xeno.. can you add it to your blog so that I will be able to see it in action?

Also, have you tried to adjust the height? look for something like height="   " in the code and increase it. there will be two of them 

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@aditya: was that last bit about height for me?

Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

nope for xeno. you have toh sorted your prob out na:)

i'll see to it 2mrw morning and tell u what happnd.. for sure. Thanks.

That is an awesome idea. +100

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good you gave an even number this time ;-)

he he!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Dude! thats one hell of a work going IndiTeam.

Tagged!!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are doing a fab work Hemal... As the only Indipolice/Mod present thats a hell lot of work for you too!! Keep going:):)
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

thanks Arti Wink i am happy

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe if a genuine reader votes, he should at least go through summary of one's post and if they run out of comments, may be interesting, informative etc can be mentioned.  Voting up according to me shortcuits the process of reading......as it is leaving links is considered spamming, next complaint or grouse will arise, people are voting without reading Lolz....anyways good debating topic Aditya

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

The idea of an indi button is cool. Also, i was thinking of a 'delete' button where users can delete their own replies to a thread , just like the feature in fb. The other day I replied something that was slightly out of context to the thread's discussion. So, i think a delete button will also be very convenient.

But this things can wait till the indirank comes up, lets not overburden the indi team.Laughing

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

oh you mean a delete button here on the forum? yeah i remember somebody saying they won't add that coz others may reply to you and then it's not fair to delete.

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

agree wid the idea.that way it will be more easier to vote :) count me in

Aditya Kumar Nayak
Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Just an update. I have managed to do a little workaround for this. It is not exactly what the indivine button should do but till that time this should do. But it will certainly help increase engagement with indibloggers on your post.http://www.adityakumarnayak.com/2011/china-emulates-indias-ipaidabribe-com-to-fight-corruption/The button on the left. Click on it and its takes the user to the indivine link for the post.

It uses wordpress custom fields. Just a simple but crude implementation of the idea. :) 

Nima Das
from Guwahati
9 years ago

but what if you are not on word press then/

Nima Das
Nima Das
from Guwahati
10 years ago

I get a lot of votes to my posts on indiblogger(which is so encouraging ) but hardly any likes when i post them on facebook (which is so disappointing)! How do i get my indiblogger votes to be visible on my Fb page? Or better still how do i get friends to like my posts on fb ? Or are they just a bunch of lazy bums who dont care to read any thing and like them.Cry

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's a very valid point.FB considers the FB page as a business entity hence people don't get what you post on your pages in their timeline unless they are active on your page or have saved the settings. Facebook has done this to generate more revenue  (which is working really well). If you are using FB page then you would be familiar with the "promote your post" thing. This actually is part of this same model. 

The best way to engage them is to share the same posts from your personal account as well and nagging some of your close friends and family to share. If they become active on your page then it will automatically reach their timeline. You can still share it from your personal account to increase your reach. You should check the "reach" given below every post to have a better idea of this. Smile

Nima Das
Nima Das
from Guwahati
9 years ago

thanks Gaurab

I tried to tell my friends on fb to read and share my posts,it back fired,maybe cause i called them lazybums!!! Heeeheee ;P

Thanks for ur advice ,though.

LockSign in to reply to this thread