Contest on campaign against Chlorine in water

Vyasamoorthy
Vyasamoorthy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

The contest against chlorine in water is ill concieved. A small (requisite) quantity of chlorine in drining water is required essential and useful to kill bacteria and other germs. Excess of chlorine left over may cause problems if left un-neutralised. This is unlikely to happen as chloination provess on large scale (municipal supplies) is a costly and generally less than required chlorine is added. In home based water purifiers the quantum is managed using slow release technology and there is no danger whatsoever.

Left over excess chlorine in swimming pool is a different story altogether. They do pose problems like skin irritation eczema etc but not cancer. If this were the case all swimming pool attendants all over the world would have died of cancer. Better managed swimming pools use ozone nowadays.

Blindly opposing use of chlorine without basis or reasoning is silly. The contest appears to have been initiated by some self styled consultant wanting to promote HLL's PurIT brand water purifiers. Pl don't fall a pray to marketing gimmicks and waste your time writing non-sense.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks very much for your messages, Vyasamoorthy and Sorcerer.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This should be an eye opener I guesss...

I have myself not participated in the contest becasue I am not sure if these were facts. The other strong reason I didnt was a personal issue so no point mentioning it here.

@Vyasamoorthy is this your own knowledge or you have read it elsewhere? Can you show me some more examples as links so that we can read more about it.

As for the home purifiers, what is the guarantee that thsi slow release function works all the time, for the products's life time? I want to use it myself and hence I want to know.

If you know the steps for effective maintenance, I would be glad Smile if you share the same with me. If you have a bad experience with any of the products, you can share this too.

LockSign in to reply to this thread