Sudarshan Varadhan would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.sudarshanvaradhan.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 36

cricket and politics anyone?

Sudarshan Varadhan
Sudarshan Varadhan
from Chennai
12 years ago

i'm new to the world of blogging. can somebody read thru a few articles on ma blog and help me improve

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: attractive title missing
Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Re: your blog, I'm not a fan of the white text on black background scheme as the text hurts the eyes. And why are comments disabled on your blog? I tried to leave one just now on your latest post to tell you Anna Hazare is continuing to fight the good fight - he was in Guwahati yesterday addressing a huge rally that no national tv channel chose to broadcast.

Other than that, it looks great.

Sudarshan Varadhan
from Chennai
12 years ago

i have enabled comments now. sorry for the inconvenience caused. and pls temme more abt a good design. can u pls suggest a good template?

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Take a look at the template gallery on Blogger.

Sudarshan Varadhan
Sudarshan Varadhan
from Chennai
12 years ago

thank u very much boss! and regarding ur view on anna hazare, i fully endorse it. i'd like to clarify that the post is about the sly and opportunistic media and the naive viewers and not about hazare sahib. i have highlighted the same in caps in the first few lines of my post! thank you again.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Sudarshan,

Nice blog. The black and white text is indeed straining to the eyes... Contentwise its great, skimmed through the top two posts on the homepage, liked them :)

A few suggestions-

• In posts of The KO story and the Dravidian Joke spacing seems to be poorly done. This can discourage a lot of people to read the whole post...
  • You could add the 'popular posts' widget in the sidebar and 'link within' widget at the bottom of each post which can increase readership.

Rest looks great, Keep blogging!

Cheers!

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

Sudarshan Varadhan
Sudarshan Varadhan
from Chennai
12 years ago

@arti: thanks! how do i add popular posts and link within widgets?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Go to Dashboard -> Design -> Add a Gadget -> There you will find the Popular post widget.

And this is the link for Link Within - http://www.linkwithin.com/learn?ref=widget

I think you can get it from here, but still if you have any queries, drop in a word here :)

Sudarshan Varadhan
Sudarshan Varadhan
from Chennai
12 years ago

thanks arti i added the link within widget. can u pls temme how to categorize posts in blogger and make the categories appear on the sidebar?>

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Agaiin follow the same steps as popular posts thing mentioned above, search for 'labels' instead...Follow the same steps...

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Use same font size and font for each post.

Use the 'Justify' option to align the text properly.

Split your content into paragraphs and leave some space between them.

Try and put an image in each of your post.

Pls review mine as well HERE