Wordpress Help

Rahul Reddy
Rahul Reddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

i want to move my WP blog to a private domain .. i want to utilize the feature of uploading the themes and getting add-ons,widgets and all .. i am thinking between godaddy.com and the Wordpress premium hosting (in this we dont have chance to upload our themes but it seems to be good deal)

while in godaddy the price seems to be 2K and WP 1k per year.. the thing is i need customization and control...is there any other/better hosting .. anything else.. i need sujjestion

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am using Unitechost for last 4 years. Its not entirely trouble free, with three to four issues in all these years.

Other include, Hostgrator, BigRock etc. And if you are going for bigrock, you can use my affliate link from my blog Tongue out

Rahul Reddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

sure ill consider that if i go for big rock man :D

Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Hi. Even I am contemplating setting up a website- for those who like to be better informed. I hv zeroed-in on hostgator for space and for domain clueless :D

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I guess hostgrator provides domains too.. right? its better to get both together from one place

Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

My fren says $15 ka domain pagli dont go :P How about hosting by wordpress?

Rahul Reddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

guess bigrock and godaddy provide comprehensive list of customization and feature list!

still not able to decide on it

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Monica haha, i really didnt know it costed 15$. A .in domain costs around the same amount in India. You can go for BigRock, I have heard they are very good. And there are so many others too.. You can get a Rs. 500 per year hosting as well but then it wont be as those service providers are volume based, hosting more than thousands domains on the same server.

Choose for the one who provides you better service. I am stuck up with my existing provider as he has given me a very good deal. The package i am enjoying now is not available for new customers, and I have not found a similar package with others. The service has been more than fair, but not truly world class. But yep, leaving aside on big incident, i am quite happy with the support.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Rahul REddy! BigRock is Indian!! Let some partriotic juice decide then, eh? Wink

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I use bigrock for my wp blog. I had a few doubts while installing wp , but they were sorted out easily. Did not have to face any issues after that.

Rahul Reddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

how much is it for a year? domain+hosting

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I prefer to stick with a Mumbai based company as a friend of mine is a partner there. They are expensive but safe. plus they do your work for you as well as give you access to the control panel for you to manage your emails, FTP, database, etc.

here are the contact details.

India Web HostingPh  : 022 40811145/ 46/ 47Fax : 022 40811100        priti@indiawebhosting.com http://www.indiawebhosting.com

I am not affiliated with the company in anyway. :o)

LockSign in to reply to this thread