Where do you think Indian blogging is headed?

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Blogging in India has come a long way since the IT boom days. However, there's still a long way to go before we reach the level of maturity and evolution of more developed web markets. A few obvious points:

1. A large majority of Indian blogs are still "personal blogs", i.e. online journals. Serious blogging is still not so commonplace.

2. 10 out of 10 top Indian blogs are technology blogs. This is a testimony to the fact that still an overwhelming majority of Indian Netizens are people somehow or the other connected to technology. 

Any thoughts?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Well blogging has a great future, in terms of travel, reviews of product and service, construction, real estate, foodies, etc.  Techies blogging is primarily undertaken to add CV value according to me.  Good query Sulanga

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think that tech Blogs do well because of their mass appeal, everybody refers to them sometime or the other... On the other hand niche Blogs like travel or cooking only attract audience which is interested in these things which is obviously smaller in size in comparison... And what did you mean by serious blogging, sorry didnt get it?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

What you said regarding technology blogs is true. Apart from mass appeal, they are popular for the other reason that the bloggers can write something or the other every day for a new technology develops every day.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
True, new technologies give them new topics to share and discuss!
Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Umesh, Thanks for your appreciation. 

What do you mean CV value? Really?? I had no idea of this use of blogging. :D 

I was talking about professional tech blogs like those of Amit Aggarwal, Harsh Aggarwal etc. 

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Arti, 

You're right. 

By serious blogging I meant blogs which have a clear focus (technology, travel, books) and is not about "anything and everything", which are maintained regularly over an extended period of time, and which are written for the audience not the blogger. :D

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hi Sulagna, I have a dedicated travel blog and get decent hits but then again it is nothing compared to good tech blogs... PS - You can use the reply button to reply to each comment:)
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

in the initial days blogging was all about sharing personal experiences. So we shouldn't bother much if a majority of the blogs are personal blogs. After all, that is the real blogging according to me that gives happinesss to the blogger. Go out and ask how many technology bloggers feel happy on writing something? I think not many.

LockSign in to reply to this thread