What is your take on Iskcon Judgement ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The recent high court judgement has put a big question mark on the Iskcon Bangalore as a legal entity, according to the judgement, Iskcon bangalore is formed as a branch of Iskcon Mumbai.  There are 350 odd employees of Iskcon and lot of devotees faith too involved in the movement, particularly of Akshaya Patra which will be sadly mired in controversy which Iskon Banglore initiative, i hope a quick resolution is sort whether it is through Supreme court or arbitration among the devotees.  Ideally i would like to see one banner of ISKCON in the country rather than divided organisation which will create more harm to movement than benefit.  What is your take guys ?

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I understand nobody wants to give their opinion about ISKCON....

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

i like Iskon...I find bald men with sandle wood tikas very attractive...love especially the akshaya patra project of theirs...my wife and I skim our kids bday money and give it there...why feed only 10 brats when u can reach thousands..but why do think a divided banner will stop them from what they are doing?

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i believe a divided banner sends wrong signal, just imagine in Mlore there are two ISKCONS one belonging to Mumbai and another to Bangalore....rest is for your imagination how they try to pull each other down.  Further if it was a commercial enterprise than patent and copyright violation battles would have been fought in the court.

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

u really think the same group under different 'management' will give rise to competition?...maybe it will be a good thing....i thought it was abt organized religion and krishna thingy...

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Basically Iskon property in Blore is owned by Mumbai, that is the issue, now a new property is coming up somewhere in the suburbs, in that i believe it will be purely the local managements decision, I feel ISKCON blore should be slightly a different mould or constitution maybe associate with Akshya Patra and establish a seperate entity.   Eventually the current property may go back to ISKCON mumbai if the court judgement goes to the logical conclusion.

tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago
i know abt this property...its being build at kannakpoora...i can see the site from my balcony..damn..i was hoping to cash in on the devotees.

LockSign in to reply to this thread