How often do you post?

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Do you post (or feel it is necessary to post) everyday, several times a day, once a week? Quality or quantity?

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its definitely quality for me... I post about 5-6 posts a month... Maximum 8, though its very very rare!! I take my time to pen down my travelogues and a trip of even 5 days takes about 3-4 months to be described completely... But I know several bloggers whom I follow who post quality posts everyday... So I guess its dependent upon the person...

i agree.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

So, a single trip is sufficient to provide the necessities for your blog to stay burning for a quarter of a year (at times) Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup very sufficient:)
Say Cheese
from Chandigarh
12 years ago

@Arti: Yours is a travelogue blog, so the quantity you give is sufficient. And so far quality is concerned it's very good. One can see your effort in providing the best information. :)

And I agree about bloggers who write everyday. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Shilpa without her trademark signature, are you a Duplicate Surprised lol

Anyways, Thanks a lot Shilpa, Yes it takes a lot of time in compiling all the info plus I have to take care that its authentic as well, so cant do more than that Smile

Usually my average posting frequency is 15-16 per month, which means 1 post in 2 days. But that average suffered this month due to the villain- exams. And yes! Quality always matters over quantity. But i'll try to keep up to that in the future with the ideal of quality over quantity in mind.

+1 Xeno. Wonderfully said.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ The Xeno You are unusual to have awarded a +1 to yourself

How do you get the ideas to keep posting that often?

@Ranjith: (wait did i get your name right.. oh yes i did.) Laughing I can do with a bit of self-appreciation.

Well I don't know really it just comes to me. But I'm busy sometimes, and I don't get the time or opportunity to put the day's ideas into physical form - that is when I make it up later, trying to remember what Idea I had.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Wow... So now you are giving plus 1 to yourself!!! You have redefined this plus 1 thing for sure Xeno :):)

yeah! +1 Arti.!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I post a new article on my blog every monday, that accounts to four to five new articles per month. If I see the ideas overflowing in me, I let those thoughts take a physical form and preserve them safely.

Quality is what matters over quantity. If we post hundreds of new posts every month only to stay there as a proof to the leisure that we have, what is the use?

Say Cheese
from Chandigarh
12 years ago

@Ranjith:Yes, quality always matters above quantity. But I read a few blogs whose authors write (almost) regularly and quality never seems to be going down. And they are doing good in their professional/personal lives and so we can't say that tons of new posts is a proof of their leisure, rather it's a proof of their knowledge, creativity etc. I feel the reason that they are able to churn out awesome post everyday is that they are excellent writers; they've honed up their skills so much that they just pick up their pen and it never stops, words come flowing onto the paper.

I don't claim to be a hot-shot blogger; rather I don't even come close to be even called a writer, but I also try to write as much as I can. Reason being that writing regularly keep the flow going, vocablary enhances, you learn new things abouts writing, you get to know what genre makes you more comfortable to write in. Yes, many of my writings never see the light of the day as I don't find them worthy of being posted but I do try to write as much as I can as I really really really want to be a better writer :).

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The professional blogger usually keep writing something or the other every day. Some of them is a mixture of what they have posted earlier. While  a few are guest postings. Occassionally they upload killer articles, that provides all together new content and has teh capavity to go viral. They balance both these things.

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The good thing about blogging frequency is that, it is the ONLY factor about blogging that's 100% under your control (also quality is in your control to some extent, but not completely-I'll never be a Steve Pavlina so far as writing style is concerned). 

Hence, I post everyday. :D

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

You must be having too much of free time to keep posting everyday. :-)

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Wow, u rock!!Cool

Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

At the moment yes. :D I'm enjoying a break between end of studies and beginning of work. 

But I vow to continue to post everyday even when I'm working. Hopefully with some commitment I'll be able to do that. :)

Siera
Siera
from Pune
12 years ago

This came up in another forum topic about what's important in a blog. 

Speaking not so much as a blogger, but as a blog reader, I think posting frequency is important.  It doesn't have to be everyday of course, but I am more likely to check blogs that update regularly.  If a blogger rarely updates or updates a ton, the content really has to be of the highest quality for me to keep coming back.  Either because I'll forget about it  during a lag or because there will be so much to read it is overwhelming.

As a blogger, that's a new thing I'm trying to work on.  I tend to blog in spurts.  I won't write anything for a couple weeks, then I'll write 5 new posts.  I use blogspot, which let's me schedule when blogs are posted.  So I've started setting them to post over time instead of all at once. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Scheduling posts is a better thing to evenly spread out posts.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
It is like masala dosa or pau bhajji, eat it fresh and you will relish it, yesterday i witnessed the 3D live concert of A R Rehman, it is history in India entertainment, the pyrotechnics needs to be experienced to come out with a blog check out my lastest Indivine post.
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

About how often I post, I really dont have any idea or numbers to put forward. There is no limits that I have set for myself. It is all about when I wish to share and what I wish to share. Its entirely a personal thing.

Yes, in this competitive world, I blog for myself and when I wish to share something that is interesting. Being not frequent do lead to a decline in visits, but trust me, I at least have one loyal follower (Avada Kedavara) to be happy about. So Cheers!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The posting frequency does not matter as long as there are a few loyal followers just like Avada Kedavara. I wish that I had some 100 followers like that and I connect to the net only to make new posts. I wish that day comes sooner in my life. Waiting for it!

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Doesn't ur bloggin frequency relate to ur Indiblogger rank/alexa/alexi/pavitra/divya/sonali...etc etc? (internal monologue in process Smile)

But seriously, doesn't ur bloggin frequency relate to ur Indiblogger rank/alexa?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It does R-A-J Undecided

But I dont worry too much about my IndiRank. For me, everything at all should matter is visitors who come (or come back) and read and be praising or critical about what and how I write Money mouth and thats money for me..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Does anyone here know what is the favourite posting frequency of IndiCrawles?

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

i post on weekends.not so hard and fast but since i have whole day to myself.i try to devote  some of it to write.again, i f i dont feel like writting,so be it :) 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I hate doing anything on a weekend, except taking rest. Smile

Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

@ranjith hehehhehehe writting is part of my relaxing routine.so kinda feel relaxed to do that on weekends

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

My Blog is more towards Technology, and if you don't post frequently, then it'll be a History Blog! It all depends on the writer and the Topic. 

Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hahaha, yes, poor you!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

What a niche you have chosen! But technology blog can host even those articles that are relavent all the time.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ya thats true, nobody reads stale tech news.

LockSign in to reply to this thread